Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » We May Lose Next Week...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

We May Lose Next Week...

Postby No l Gravity l » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:23 pm

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/ ... r-is-sore/

Don't knock the insignificant injury. Everytime Ben gets hurt, whether it be something major or minor, we almost always lose. Trend dates back since 2005. Remember when Ben had an injury which Charlie Batch filled in '05 and came back to face the Colts in the regular season? Yep. Loss. The very next game we lost to the Bengals where everyone declared them the next big team :lol: . Of course there was '06 where Ben had the appendectomy and he lost his first three games back. Then after the concussion in Atlanta, we lost against the Raiders the very next game. Also there was last year Ben got a little dinged up in the week prior to the season finale against the Ravens. Ben sat out that game but when he returned against the Jags in the playoffs, he started off throwing three picks in the first half and we ultimately end up losing :no: .

Seasoned Veteran

Re: We May Lose Next Week...

Postby Iron Gut » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 pm

:suahhbs:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm

We should not take the browns lightly.
They are desperate and their fans want this one very badly.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:53 pm

On any Sunday, any team can beat another. Whether BR is healthy or not -- the Steelers can still lose.

I remember -- 1976 I believe (geez does that date me) --- Bradshaw is out. We have some kid named Kruczek come in for him. The defense posted six shutouts that year (I believe 6 -- too lazy to look it up right now). If the Browns don't score, they cannot win.

Regardless, if the Steelers get some kind of "cock sure" attitude...get on some pink cloud...start reading and believing the press clippings...they'll lose. The Steelers should not take the Browns -- or any other team -- lightly.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:21 pm

The Browns D is not as weak as shown in quarters 2-4 vs. the Cowgirls. Also, don't expect Edwards, Winslow et al to pack it in... The Stillers don't need to worry about Ben getting dinged up, they need to worry about their next opponent. The Clowns do have talent and talent cannot be overlooked.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Iron Gut wrote::suahhbs:

Funny someone posted that exact same thing prior to the playoff loss last year when we played the Jags when I posted a similar topic on the old stillers site :suxfingers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 pm

the browns or any division game for that matter is always gonna be a tough game, but we will win

Practice Squad

Postby gumband » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 am

I saw a little of the Cleveland/Dallas game last sunday. Every time I looked Romo had an incredible amount of time. I'm not saying Ben will get that. However was the Dallas line that good or Cleveland's defense that bad. Don't know time will tell.

Practice Squad

Postby gumband » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 am

Indy wrote: I remember -- 1976 I believe (geez does that date me) --- Bradshaw is out. We have some kid named Kruczek come in for him. The defense posted six shutouts that year (I believe 6 -- too lazy to look it up right now). If the Browns don't score, they cannot win.

They played fourteen games back then. The Steelers started 1-4 that year when Bradshaw went down. I believe that was 'turkey' Jones who body slammed Bradshaw (a legal play, by the way). Mean Joe Green took Kruczek aside and told the kid just get them (the Steeler offense) within field goal range....the defense would take care of the rest....they had six shutouts in the last nine games......they made the playoffs but by the time they showed up at the championship game in Oakland...the backfield was decimated...they went one back in the backfield (a rookie I believe)...that's where the ride ended.....by spring we traded Kruczek for a fifth round pick to the Redskins

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:27 am

Hell, we lost to the Jets last year when they were 1-146 or something.

The Browns were more stained that usual last week at Dallas, and will be steaming and the game is being played at the Mistake on the Lake.

Last year, I seem to recall the Browns being humiliated in their home opener. By a team that was a six-pack drive away. And in the second week, they came back and scored 51 points and won.

Ben got banged up last week - both the shoulder and the thigh/knee. Don't expect him to go 13 to 14 again this week.

The Browns have half a dozen All-Pros on the team.

There are half a dozen reasons why this game is a sucker trap. Of course, Tomlin knows them all, and by now, so do the Steelers.

I expect the Steelers to be ready....and the Browns to be both ready and desperate. I expect the Steelers to win, but I'm really not sure, and I'm afraid it's not gonna be pretty. At this point, if I was at the window in Vegas, I wouldn't touch this game.

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:29 am

Steelers in another rout. Win by at least 2 TDs.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 am

God - i hate the Stains, and losing to them would suck. but eventually its gonna happen. They are due. Overdue.

Practice Squad

Postby Hughy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:28 pm

BeavisFour wrote:Steelers in another rout. Win by at least 2 TDs.

Amen to this one. The clowns were a fluke last year. This year will confirm that.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:14 pm

The Steelers will not lose to the Stains this Sunday night. Nope, no way. The Browns will come out playing all gung-ho and all that crap because playing the Steelers is their Super Bowl, but as is their usual way, they will fuck up and lose. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If it's Brown, flush it down! GO STEELERS! :subngtowl:

Return to Stillers Talk