Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » BigBen broke an NFL record that stood for exactly 70 years!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

BigBen broke an NFL record that stood for exactly 70 years!

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:06 pm

BIG BEN BREAKS SLINGIN' SAMMY'S 70-YEAR-OLD RECORD

Ben Roethlisberger set an NFL record for season-opening games by completing 13-of-14 passes (93%) in the Steelers' 38-17 win over the Texans (minimum: 10 passes). The previous record for highest completion percentage in a team's first game of a season was 92 percent by Sammy Baugh in the Redskins' opening game of the 1938 season (12-for-13).

fucking unbelievable.....Big Ben .....potentially could be the best QB in the history of the entire nfl one day.

only qb with a perfect rookie season

youngest qb to win a superbowl

etc etc etc

Grizzled Veteran

Re: BigBen broke an NFL record that stood for exactly 70 years!

Postby StillDodger » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 am

Damn that Kool-Aid tastes good...... :twisted:

With all this talk about the greatest football team, ever, I really, really fear a letdown against the Clowns..... :shock:

It's just one game, and it was only 14 passes..... Sure the record is nice, but lets not go overboard here..... With all this gloating going on here (Ben, the D, the kick coverage, etc.), those in Cleavageland are licking their chops to incite a big fall......
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Practice Squad

Postby Hughy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm

StillDodger wrote:Damn that Kool-Aid tastes good...... :twisted:

With all this talk about the greatest football team, ever, I really, really fear a letdown against the Clowns..... :shock:

It's just one game, and it was only 14 passes..... Sure the record is nice, but lets not go overboard here..... With all this gloating going on here (Ben, the D, the kick coverage, etc.), those in Cleavageland are licking their chops to incite a big fall......

When was the last time a Brownie ever set a record for anything that included winning?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:26 pm

With Shady Brady being out for the season, and God only knows what being wrong with Peyton Manning, my beloved Big Ben is the elite QB of this season. At least in my opinion. :lol:

Return to Stillers Talk