Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » PETER KINGs FINE FIFTEEN!!!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

PETER KINGs FINE FIFTEEN!!!

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:20 am

The Fine Fifteen
And to think I had my top five as Pats, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers Sunday at noon. This is one crazy league.

1. Dallas (1-0). Jessica's not going to like that chin scar, Tony. That aside, what a nice opening game by the Cowboys.

2. Pittsburgh (1-0). What a crushing performance. The defense terrorized Matt Schaub. Ben Roethlisberger strafed the Houston secondary, and Willie Parker had one of the best days of an ascending career. "We can play better,'' LaMarr Woodley told me after the game. Uh, how, exactly?

3. New York Giants (1-0). On three series last Thursday night, I looked for Justin Tuck on the field at left end, or right tackle in the nickel, and he wasn't there. I turned my binoculars to the Giants sideline, and there he was, taking a blow. Giants 16, Washington 7. Now, remember last year, when the Redskins were handling the Giants twice? (Combine halftime score of the 2007 games: Washington 33, New York 6.) In this game, the Giants practically had it won at halftime, and Tom Coughlin accomplished this while subbing liberally for his horses.

4. Jacksonville (0-1). Tennessee is just a bad match for the Jags. In four quarters, David Garrard threw two interceptions, one fewer than he threw all season a year ago.

5. Philadelphia (1-0). I told Andy Reid Sunday night: "Aren't you glad you listened to all of us smart guys who wrote you had to trade Donovan McNabb?'' He chuckled. Reid's not one to say "I told you so,'' though I know he thinks it.

6. New England (1-0). "The show must go on,'' Randy Moss said. With a man (Matt Cassel) who hasn't started a football game under center (or at any other position, for that matter) since the Clinton Administration.

7. Minnesota (0-0). I'd be more worried about the two no-names at tackle tonight than the inexperienced quarterback if I were a Vikings fan.

8. Chicago (1-0). Kyle Orton and Matt Forte might make no one forget McMahon and Payton, but they're on their way to putting Grossman and Benson in the rear-view mirror. A superb performance by the Bears at the new oil dome in Indy, with a breakthrough job especially by Forte (23 carries for 123 yards).

9. Indianapolis (0-1). I don't get it. I do, however, think that the interior of the Colts offensive line, with its rampant inexperience, didn't allow Joseph Addai (12 rushes, 44 yards, before leaving in the fourth quarter after getting hit in the head) the chance to ever feel comfortable against Chicago.

10. Carolina (1-0). Don't you find it amazing how a game can be won or lost based on whether a backup tight end slightly juggles and brings in a high ball in the back of the end zone on the last of 167 plays on a hot summer day in San Diego? They only play 16. And one was decided because Donte Rosario held onto a Jake Delhomme highball in traffic. I guess that's what makes this sport so compelling.

11. San Diego (0-1). It worries me how Carolina's physicality won out. San Diego's supposed to be a physical, bruising team.

12. Buffalo (1-0). The three best games in the league Sunday were played by Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Chicago. The Bills were crafty (touchdown pass to a defensive end), cat-quick on a slippery turf (that Roscoe Parrish is a threat to take it for a touchdown every time he touches the ball) and mistake-free (no turnovers, one penalty) in routing Seattle.

13. Green Bay (0-0). In Rodgers They Hope.

14. Tennessee (1-0). I know I should like Tennessee more. It's just the more I see of Vince Young, the less I trust him, and you've got to have a quarterback to go very far in this game. Young got knee-gimpy at the end of the game and may miss a week or two.

15. (tie) New Orleans (1-0). Twenty-two touches, 164 yards for Mr. Reggie Bush. Hope springs eternal for the New Orleans Orphans of the Storms.

New York Jets (1-0). "We didn't even have a chance to discuss this before the play was called,'' Eric Mangini told me, regarding the lottery pick of a touchdown pass from Brett Favre to Chansi Stuckey in the first half at Miami. It was fourth-and-13 at the Miami 22, and the Jets had no kicker because, for the moment, Mike Nugent had a bum thigh, and so Favre, under heavy pressure, threw it up deep.

"That's something that only a smart player would know -- throw it down to the end zone, and the opposition catches it, who cares? The worst thing would be to take the sack and give them the ball in good field position. Brett knew just to throw it and take the chance.'' The ball, I said to Mangini, would not have been thrown by a quarterback who cared about his quarterback rating. "Absolutely not,'' he said.
Last edited by Hi5Steeler on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: PETER KINGs FINE FIFTEEN!!!

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:21 am

ok so i enjoy reading peter king... :celebrate:

SUE ME..... :sufu:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:57 pm

does dick carucci have a vendetta with the stillers?
this mite be an alltime snub rite here~!

This is how the NFL's 32 teams stack up after Week 1:

In the hunt
Teams that look good enough to be among the 12 playoff qualifiers, but not based on conference.
Rank Team Record Comment
1. Dallas Cowboys 1-0 It didn't figure to be quite so easy in Cleveland, but that's the type of thing a legitimate Super Bowl contender does.
2. New York Giants 1-0 The defending champs should make it two in a row at St. Louis.
3. Green Bay Packers 1-0 Brett who?
4. Carolina Panthers 1-0 A healthy Jake Delhomme makes an enormous difference -- enough to overcome the absence of Steve Smith.
5. San Diego Chargers 0-1 Tough loss, but this team still has all of the ingredients to be a major factor in the wide-open AFC.
6. Chicago Bears 1-0 Making the Indianapolis Colts look feeble is no easy task, yet the Bears did exactly that.
7. Indianapolis Colts 0-1 The Colts can't really be that bad … can they?
8. Buffalo Bills 1-0 Knocking off the perennial NFC West kingpins is a big deal, especially in as thorough a fashion as the Bills did.
9. New Orleans Saints 1-0 No team adapts better in a crisis than the Saints.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers 1-0 The Steelers won big with a familiar formula: Powerful running game and smothering defense.
11. Philadelphia Eagles 1-0 Disposing of the hapless Rams was easy. A much harder test is coming in Dallas.
12. Denver Broncos 1-0 A win's a win, but how much can you really gauge from beating up on an opponent as pathetic as the Raiders were Monday night?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessioni ... nfirm=true

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:26 pm

that is the craziest standings list i have ever seen in my life :shock:

Return to Stillers Talk