Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » List of Free-Agent Back-Up QBs

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

List of Free-Agent Back-Up QBs

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:35 pm

With Landry Jones contract expiring, here is some of the list of free-agent back-up QBs;

-Brian Hoyer

-Matt Cassel

-Dan Orlovsky

-Ryan Fitzpatrick

-Josh McCown

-Shaun Hill

-Ryan Mallett

-E.J. Manuel

-Matt McGloin

-Mike Glennon

*Yeah, I'm not going to be pleased if they re-up L.J. with who is available. I'd take anyone on this list over him.

Hall of Famer

Re: List of Free-Agent Back-Up QBs

Postby isfry » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:13 pm

I pick Fitzpatrick.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:44 pm

I'd go with Hoyer, myself.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 pm

I like Fitz. Good beard. Not afraid of the Patsies. I agree it's anyone but dirty laundry jones, tho.

Practice Squad

Postby clyde » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am

I for one don't care who the back up is. Who ever he is he won't do as well as Big Ben. The Steelers problems are with coaching and the defense. No one is scared of our defense anymore especially New England! Until we fix that we won't win any Super Bowls any time soon even if Joe Montanas the backup!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:53 pm

clyde wrote:I for one don't care who the back up is. Who ever he is he won't do as well as Big Ben. The Steelers problems are with coaching and the defense. No one is scared of our defense anymore especially New England! Until we fix that we won't win any Super Bowls any time soon even if Joe Montanas the backup!

Of course the back-up won't be as good as Ben, hence the reason he's a back-up. However, that doesn't mean you don't upgrade the position in the event of BR7 getting injured, and history says there's very good chance of that happening every season, especially now that he's 34-35 years old.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am

Oh, thank God. The Steelers resigned Dirty Laundry Jones for another two years giving them, wait for it..."depth at quarterback." What a fucking joke.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:09 pm

isfry wrote:Oh, thank God. The Steelers resigned Dirty Laundry Jones for another two years giving them, wait for it..."depth at quarterback." What a fucking joke.

An even bigger joke is members of the stooge media acting like he was the best option out there, although I shouldn't be surprised that they are once again scared to say anything negative about the Steelers, especially in re: to signing players.

Funniest thing; It was reported not even a few days ago that Landry Jones was going to "test the waters of free-agency" before agreeing to a deal with the Steelers not even a day after teams could sign free-agents.

That was some "test" there, L.J. Or more than likely, nobody else wanted him.

Return to Stillers Talk