Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Pats Postgame Analysis & Grades (AFCC)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Pats Postgame Analysis & Grades (AFCC)

Postby ballhair » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Oh, PS: Thanks again Mill for another year of entertainment. :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 pm

PGHeaven wrote:This guy channeled Mill - or maybe - just maybe.....naw

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeis ... 1701230134

"And they continually left Hogan WIDE open, as though he were smothered with the HIV virus." - Still Mill.

Now had that statement shown up in the piece by Zeise in the Pitt-Post Gazette it would be no question it is the same guy. LMAO! Damn what thee hell we gonna' do for the next several months of Monday mornings?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:06 pm

ballhair wrote:Oh, PS: Thanks again Mill for another year of entertainment. :celebrate:

:suplusone: No doubt.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 pm

fred wrote:Pregame writeup stood test of time. If only you told the D plan was to rush 3, we would not have had to turn TV on.
T saying NE had a full day advantage to prep is laughable given his game plan took 3 minutes to compose.
Phil Simms and commenter above also took note of incredulity of D plan. Can Butler actually be this stupid, or was he throwing the game?
I get it that tinkerBell went down. But this coaching staff has embarrassed their fans, Mr. Rooney please make Haley hc and invite Kiss my A$$ Buttheadler to join his revered teacher in Tennesee.

Good post, fred. I listened to talk radio all day in Pittsburgh, Cook onthe Poni were kissing Dumblins' ass all day, ie, there was nothing he could have done, Tom and Billichump are unstoppable, Dumblin is the best we can get, blah, blah, blah. It just amazes me the total amount of disconnect between the media and the fans.....they refuse to ask Dumblin tough questions or hold him accountable for his job.

Practice Squad

Postby StillerDoc » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:50 pm

The Steelers underachieved. They have a top 5 QB, RB, WR; all in their primes and yes multiple 1st rounders on defense. If I'm
the Gen Mgr. someone has to be accountable for that. Tomlin says repeatedly
"the standard is the standard," which if that's true they weren't
prepared to play.

I like Tomlin and Todd Haley (the OC coord.), but there's no free pass on
this one. Not scoring TD's twice less than 5 yards from the goalline in an
AFC Title game is inexcusable unless you're playing the 85 Bears.

Not every Steeler fan remembers how much people hated Bill Cowher, but he
never had the talent Tomlin has now, and I do respect the man. However, it
would be dishonest to not actually admit he and the rest of the coaches
didn't have them ready to play.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Welcome to the board, Doc. You're preaching to the choir around here, as far as coaches not being held accountable. In fact, the choir may be singing that tune louder than you...

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 am

StillerDoc wrote:The Steelers underachieved. They have a top 5 QB, RB, WR; all in their primes and yes multiple 1st rounders on defense. If I'm
the Gen Mgr. someone has to be accountable for that. Tomlin says repeatedly
"the standard is the standard," which if that's true they weren't
prepared to play.

I like Tomlin and Todd Haley (the OC coord.), but there's no free pass on
this one. Not scoring TD's twice less than 5 yards from the goalline in an
AFC Title game is inexcusable unless you're playing the 85 Bears.

Not every Steeler fan remembers how much people hated Bill Cowher, but he
never had the talent Tomlin has now, and I do respect the man. However, it
would be dishonest to not actually admit he and the rest of the coaches
didn't have them ready to play.

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:08 am

A few other thoughts.
First and goal from the 1 foot mark. you have one of the best offensive lines in the league. Your QB is 6'5 , 245 lbs. You telling me that Ben couldn't sneak and get a fucking foot?
Eli Manning beat Tommy twice in the SB. How he do that? By having the Giants defense put pressure on Brady.
Big Ben had some passes dropped for sure but he also had some bad passes. Sims said that Ben throws the best deep ball in the league. I just don't see this.
All the bullshit and hype leading up to this game about Bell and AB with Bell not even playing and AB doing next to nothing. What a joke and big disappointment.
Another season down the tubes. Close but no cigar. What Bullshit will befall us from now till the start of next season to derail us again?
Ben is a great QB but not elite in my opinion.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:04 am

Until this organization runs with more discipline and regains the class it once held, this script will be rewritten over and over again. Look at the athletic difference between the Steelers and NE position by position then explain to me how this team continues to whoop the Steelers' asses year after year.

Munchak for HC!

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:41 pm

A few other points that demonstrate the terrible coaching:

1. The flea flicker TD demonstrated how clueless our guys are. Not only does Mitchell rush up foolishly when his job is to prevent all of those big pass plays. Almost as bad was Sean Davis's response. He is crashing at the line of scrimmage on a run blitz. He is unblocked and 1-2 yards from Brady when Brady receives the pitch. Instead of just laying out Brady, he turns around and looks upfield for someone to cover. Sure, he's a young player and confused. But this is coaching -- the whole team should have been told to hit Beady every time he has the ball. It's almost comical if you watch the replay. It just captures the epitome of the softee mentality of the defense coming into the game.

2. Go back and watch the 1st and goal from the 1. Watch how long it takes, and how obvious it is where we are going. It's embarrassing. Do the Pats run plays like that?

The bulletin board aspect of Tomlin's speech after the the KC game was not the problem. The problem is that it showed he is a simpleton with no control over his team. There is a place for cursing in the locker room, but in that situation, after the team prayer? And complaining about having to travel after a late game? That happens every week in the NFL. The whole thing was childish because our mentality is childish.

I hate the Pats, but I'm grateful for the cheating scandals. Without them, I would just have to admit that my hatred is based only in envy that their franchise is just much better than our franchise right now, and that their coach is a genius and our's is just what Terry Bradshaw said and nothing more.

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:18 pm

As the shit settles on the bottom of the toilet after it has been unsuccessfully flushed in this 2016 season, the porcelain is beginning to crack. After reading the headlines, links and watching the interviews and feedback, it almost feels like something bigger is going to happen since Ben's contemplation of returning for next season breaking today and Now Pouncey stating he will retire if Ben doesn't come back. The ripple effect these guys are creating, the possibilities of HUGE draft implications is screaming that the coaching staff needs a shakeup. We are talking about a franchise QB ready to hang it up with 2 huge signings waiting in the wings. One is for the best receiver in the league and the best running back with the possibility of signing with a team with no QB??? Why the hell would they want to play here??? Who would sign knowing the chances of winning a championship are going to be slim and none and slim just retired. Momlin's news conference Sunday night and this afternoon's leaves many serious steeler fans scratching their heads (and their asses) how the fuck he has lasted this long....Me being one of them......Stay tuned boys.....this shit's is about to get really interesting.....Fire them all.... promote Munch or go get homegrown M. McCarthy........BB

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:51 pm

Thanks to Mill and all the posters for another laugh riot of a season. It's the humor and straight talk on this site that gets me through watching Momlin wipe his ass with the franchise's history year in and year out. His word-of-the-day-toilet-paper press conferences have the sheep media fooled, and obviously the Rooney family as well. While I would love to cling to some misguided notion that the EMBARRASSMENT that was the AFCC would prompt some changes, it won't. Trust and believe that there will be no shake up, there will be no axe-ings, there will BE NO DIFFERENCE. We will show up next year with the same team, the same coaches, and the same "gameplan." We will continue to be an "also ran" to the truly elite contenders. The man behind the curtain has revealed himself. The great and mighty Oz is nothing more than a midget with a megaphone. I could not be more disgusted with what this half-wit is doing to what USED TO BE a proud and respected franchise. Enjoy your offseason, boys.

(go falcons)

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:07 pm

...and one last thing. If the "moment" was just too big for some of the "young receivers" on the Steelers, how come it didn't have any fucking effect at all on a lacrosse player from Penn State? Give me a break.

Practice Squad

Postby clyde » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Well it's another year of losing ugly I never the playoffs and winning ugly during the season. We all should have seen Sunday's game coming. I think the fix for all this is simple but not easy. Get rid of Tomlinson and get some d linemen who can rush the passer for a change not relying on linebackers all the time. If we had someone like Pierre Paul I know he has no fingers but maybe Brady would be on his back more in these game so against us and you know he can't handle that. This may be stupid but I wish it was 1975 again.. we had a real coach and some really good players.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelBranch » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:50 pm

I've had a few days to digest the debacle that was the AFCC......In hindsight, the Steelers never had a shot....I kept telling myself that they could win this game. I was absolutely certain that Tomlin and Butler would have the common sense that a zone D against Brady would fail. It is amazing to me that they are so stubborn and stupid not to see this....I'm no coach but I could have done a better job of preparing that defense....Man press.....Man press....Man press.....How can a lacrosse player run untouched all game long? Facing a Tomlin D.....What a waste of a game....Until this team is disciplined and well-coached, it doesn't really matter if Big Ben stays or goes....I'm up here and live about 30 minutes from Gillette....I have had to take the heat this week, but all I can say is as much as I detest the Pats, they know how to win....

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk