Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Pats Postgame Analysis & Grades (AFCC)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Pats Postgame Analysis & Grades (AFCC)

Postby StillMill » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:05 am

Stillers-Pats Postgame Analysis & Grades (AFCC) has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Pats Postgame Analysis & Grades (AFCC)

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:55 am

This game wasn't just an asswhipping--it was boring as hell too. The results of this piece of shit was obvious from the first five minutes of the game. Brady drives down the field at will and then the Steelers answer with a three and out. If the Steelers meet an elite QB, you can bet the farm on the opponent. Assler was a step backward from LeBeau. And on offense, you get Ben's and that offenses fucking inconsistency over and over. Belichick is an elite defensive coach. Even when he has shit personnel, the Steelers can't fuking beat him. Wasn't Tomlin supposed to be the defensive genius when they hired him? One thing that did hurt this season was not having dope head Bryant. It was really a problem against the Patriots because you knew from the top of the stadium that of course Belichick has the brains to take away Brown. The rest of the receiver corp is scattershot and unreliable and didn't scare the Pats to not double cover Brown...

Well the Steelers have left another year of Big Ben's prime get away. As much as he can be shit regularly, when he is gone, with Tomlin this team is going to be a complete clusterfuk. It is time to move Mike on to his life's work. But that won't happen will it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:07 am

Well as usual another Monday after a piss poor showing by the Steelers and all I have to hold on to is the hope that Mill will provide some zingers and he did not disappoint this morning. Analysis right on the mark and who can argue? I did have some hope that they might actually win considering I thought they should have beaten the Pats earlier in the year with Laundry at the helm. Reading Mill's prequel to this game I realized it would not happen and was pissed the whole time I watched the game as the "coaching" lived up to Mill's expectation. I am hardly a football genius, but I like most was just yelling at the TV all night watching that mess. And the refs were just awful. No hope for the future with Ben just about done and the crappy coaching that will probably not change for the better. At least I believe that Atlanta may lay a beating on the Pats.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:17 am

Yes - Still Mill is Catharsis. No doubt. I too came here to get some sort of salve for my poor wounded eyes. I thought Ben played poorly. Coates is really Limas Sweed in disguise. Coby Hamilton played like a turd and was caught yukking it up on the sidelines with the chief Facebooker. FUCK him.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 am

Oh yeah - the Motherfucking Zebras. My season long crusade against these assholes. My rage was lit when Mike Melon Head Turica blasted the replacement Refs who gallantly filled in for the striking Zebras several years ago. Since that month - the zebras have proven that they are WORSE than the scabs. BRING BACK THE SCABS - and FUCK Hockules and his band of assholes

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 am

PGHeaven wrote:Yes - Still Mill is Catharsis. No doubt. I too came here to get some sort of salve for my poor wounded eyes. I thought Ben played poorly. Coates is really Limas Sweed in disguise. Coby Hamilton played like a turd and was caught yukking it up on the sidelines with the chief Facebooker. FUCK him.

:suplusone: And to me that is the discipline from the "coach". Maybe TB had it right about Tomlin though it pissed off some.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:09 am

Steelerssix wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:Yes - Still Mill is Catharsis. No doubt. I too came here to get some sort of salve for my poor wounded eyes. I thought Ben played poorly. Coates is really Limas Sweed in disguise. Coby Hamilton played like a turd and was caught yukking it up on the sidelines with the chief Facebooker. FUCK him.

:suplusone: And to me that is the discipline from the "coach". Maybe TB had it right about Tomlin though it pissed off some.

I have always thought that. Really - everyone here at Stillers led by our own esteemed MILL has thought the same thing. The NADIR of Stooglins thought process was the incessant 2 point attempts. I have NEVER thought Momlin was a strategist and it is almost impossible for him to make in game adjustments

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 am

Thank you Mill for your work! Always spot on analysis. I shut it off in the 3rd. Seen this movie too many times. BR7 is just about done and then we will go through another series of inferior QBs. Hopefully it won't be 25 years like it was last time. Malone, Brister, Stewart, O Donnell, Tomczak, Graham, Woodley, and a few others I have fortunately forgotten. Actually, Ben has not really been the same. He use to find a way to win, now seems like slop and slather is what we get the majority of time.
Now Brady is 22 TDs to 0 interceptions against Tomlin. Let that sink in. We have had the same game plan against him for the last 15 years. Sit in softee zone and get torn apart. :supissed:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 am

WR's clowning on the sideline while we're getting killed is insulting.

Ref's were in the bag.

Tomlin is the stupidest coach in all the land.

Butler sucks.

We had about as much chance in this one as the ball of string against the kitten.

I'm ashamed to be a fan, and this team should be, too. But they're not.

Practice Squad

Postby btd343 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:28 am

Mill your pre-game analysis was spot on. I got caught in the trap of thinking that this bullheaded coaching staff might actually come in with some sort of game plan. That was the most predictable and bland shit I've ever seen. The bravado of thinking that we can come out and play "our game" is why we lose to NE every time we sneak into the playoffs. Belichick makes weekly adjustments for each team. Tomlin just spends the week giving motivational speeches.

When we came out of halftime I thought, ok we're still in this (even after completely blowing it on the half yard line just prior). Even Simms was dumbfounded that we didn't switch to some sort of man coverage... because Brady was clearly picking apart our soft zone as he's done for the past 10 years. ZERO halftime adjustments when they were obvious to a damn third grader. Maybe jamming Hogan (who we made look like Julio Jones) and Edelman at the line? Nope... 8 yard cushion all game. Using AB as some sort of decoy as KC did with Tyreek the week prior... nope. That would be too creative.

I turned this shit off in the 3rd quarter. It was hard to watch as we refused to make zero adjustments on defense. Sure as shit we'll stumble through half the season next year and if we're lucky end up playing another road playoff game somewhere.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:48 am

Let's face it. Conservative NE runs their football team like a machine. They bring in smart players who execute exactly as their instructed or they are shown the door. Their coaching staff ensures that every man in that locker room tows the company line, or again, they will be shown the door.
Meanwhile, liberal Steelers bring in undisciplined me-me players with a brain the size of a rabbit turd and hire coaches who allow the inmates to run the asylum. They are always outschemed, under-prepared, and out-disciplined by the NE machine.
The Pats run their company like the military while the Steelers run theirs like a side-show carnival. It doesn't matter what chess pieces you place on the table, this team will always be outclassed by Bellichick and company. The truth just hurts sometimes.

GO PENS!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:53 am

This is why I posted my disgust with Tomlin's jawing covered by Brown after last weeks "win". Not so much that it would give the Pats some locker room material, but that it showed how out of touch Tomlin is when actually needing to apply "managerial" skills that really don't change whether in the boardroom or the locker room.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 am

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

I guess our coaching staff is insane. "Brady has tooled our softee zone 7 times in a row, but THIS time we'll stop him." "THIS time Sammie Coates will be a stud and make the catches" "THIS time we'll play disciplined and won't get tooled by flea-flickers and other trick plays"

You wonder why Bellichick looks so goddam smug all the time? He must go home and have a good chuckle about how f'n stoopid the rest of the NFL coaches are. it's like taking candy from a baby. Everybody says Brady Brady Brady, but how come Bellichick manages to win with the likes of Matt Cassel and Jimmy Garrapolo? (not to take anything away from TB).

It's really kind of embarrassing. In the BR7 era we've been to the SB three times, but each of those times we didn't have to face the Pats. At least Payton Manning can say he took them down a couple of times. And I know he had well thrown TD passes dropped, but he doesn't seem like the BR7 of old to me. Is he playing hurt? Wouldn't take in a 10-inch QB sneak for a TD over an all-pro center? What's up with that?

I'm enjoying the college game a lot more these days. The Clemson-Alabama battles the past two years have been epic. The NFL is laying a bunch of turds lately, except maybe the Dallas-GB game, but clearly those teams were down ticket. I expect BB to find a way to stop Julio Jones. We're talking a guy who's been to the big game 7 times now, with a HoF tested QB, versus a HC with two years experience and a first time SB QB. Pats by 14.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:21 pm

It really did look like a pee wee team facing an all pro group of adults towards the end. Hard to watch. At least, unlike Aaron (second coming of Michael Jordan) Rodgers, Ben was on the field at the end.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Your last sentence said it all, Mill. Tomlin's lifetime employment here is guaranteed, so no reason to think anything will change. When you've got 95% of the sports media clowns and kool-aid drinking fans in your pocket not demanding better, this is what you get. He's too much of a chickenshit to fire his sorry assed D.C. and O.C., either. Remember, the Rooneys, not Dumblin, fired Aryans and LeBeau under the guise of "retirement", when it was obviously not true in either case.

Speaking of Stoogelin, apparently he was asked why he didn't jam NE's WRs or create more of a pass rush; You know, the same thing that lead him and The Steelers to beat the Pats 5 fucking years ago. His response was something to the effect of "We considered that, but stuck with what we knew." What in the actual fuck?!? Are you fucking shitting me?!? Any moron that has watched more than a half season of the NFL knows you don't rush only 3 fucking defenders and give Brady eons of time in the pocket, AND have your DBs play 25 feet off the WRs. This would get him and his entire dope staff shit-canned anywhere else, but not this franchise. Nope, they are content with this kind of output and living in the past while New England goes out and does it NOW. Maybe when New England ties and eventually goes ahead of 6 Super Bowl Championships, maybe this brain dead ownership will wake the fuck up. But I seriously doubt it.

Oh, and I got a kick out of the jackassed sports media goons saying how this season would've been different, and/or how to get to a Super Bowl in Ben's remaining years. The answer? "Win the No.1 seed and home-field advantage so that The Patsies would've had to come to Heinz." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Like that would've changed a fucking thing. What a bunch of fucking daft simpletons. :sufu:

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Nice Mill!

How could anyone be surprised of this outcome??? What has this asshole done to show that he can properly prepare for an opponent with a high caliber HC on the other sideline?? Does he think stopping T Hill last week was the pinnacle of the playoffs? Mom faced the best coach in the nfl yesterday and showed he has no fucking business on the same field as him unless you are the Pittsburgh media and blow him on a daily basis. How can the Rooneys possibly think that ANY of this coaching staff is worth keeping around?

Game and Season ending Notes:

Hogan was so wide open (when Golden wasn't in positon) that 89 year old Bart Starr could have hit him in the end zone from his wheel chair. That is coaching....or lack of.

NE looks at us like the way we look at Cleveland......and they are laughing their asses off because they got to play Cleveland in the AFC Championship game last night...

Nothing more to add since you all have already mentioned.

Thanks for the laughs and hilarious comments gentlemen, have a great offseason,

BB

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm

This guy channeled Mill - or maybe - just maybe.....naw

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeis ... 1701230134

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:45 pm

PGHeaven wrote:This guy channeled Mill - or maybe - just maybe.....naw

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeis ... 1701230134

Zeise is a decent writer. I don't always agree with him, but one of the few in the Pittsburgh Sports Media that has balls. A few weeks ago on The Nightly Sports Call, he and Bob Pompeani,(another of the stooge media), were talking about Mike Tomlin and the possibility if he would ever get fired. Of course Pomp brought up other places like Cleveland where they cycle through coaches every other year and how that somehow made Tomlin a great coach, blah, blah. Zeise brought up how Tom Landry, Mike Shanahan, and Tom Coughlin all won multiple Super Bowls with their teams, yet all were eventually fired by those teams. "You don't get to keep your job forever", he said. Pomp just sat there, not knowing how to respond to logic. It was great.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Pregame writeup stood test of time. If only you told the D plan was to rush 3, we would not have had to turn TV on.
T saying NE had a full day advantage to prep is laughable given his game plan took 3 minutes to compose.
Phil Simms and commenter above also took note of incredulity of D plan. Can Butler actually be this stupid, or was he throwing the game?
I get it that tinkerBell went down. But this coaching staff has embarrassed their fans, Mr. Rooney please make Haley hc and invite Kiss my A$$ Buttheadler to join his revered teacher in Tennesee.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:49 pm

What a fucking embarrassment. That game was over after our first 3 and out. It was pretty obvious to me that Ben and the boys were intimated and expected to lose. They just were going through the motions.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk