Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD: Steelers at N.E. 1-22-17

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Re: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD: Steelers at N.E. 1-22-17

Postby bubbybrister » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:34 pm

This defensive clusterfuck of epic proportions falls on Tomlin. Brady is now 7-1 vs Tomlin with 2264 yds. 22 Tds and ZERO ints. Don't blame Butler or Lebeau before him, this is all on Tomlin and his utter lack of creativity on defense.

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:45 pm

I can accept losing to the Cheatriots, but not like this. This team was thoroughly unprepared. It was not a professional effort, despite the fact that we had the tools to win this game. We just didn't use them. We didn't make aggressive mistakes. We made coward's mistakes. A few notes:

1. If Pouncey is supposed to be all-pro, why can't we ever run a simple QB sneak for one-yard?

2. Whose idea was it to play softee coverage with no pass rush? Was it really the game plan to just hope Brady makes unforced mistakes?

3. The worst goalline set you can run is no backs in the backfield. We ran that last week against KC. The second worst set is to power load to one side with no receivers and have no plan to block the end from crashing front he opposite side. We ran that this week.

4. Whose idea was it to highlight Broken Hands Coates in today's playbook?

5. How is Leveon's twisted vagina?

6. Whose idea was it to run a 4th down fade to Grimble a terrible the goal line when he had already ruined two other TD passes?

7. Whose idea was it to throw an out to Eli R. on 3rd and goal with no possible way to get into the end zone.

8. Whose idea was it to run a one yard crossing pattern to David Johnson when he is the slowest player on the field?

9. When can we get rid of Mike Mitchell?

10. When we decided to punt on 4th and 7 from their 40 when only down 20-9 in the 3rd, I told my kids that we just decided to lose this game. There were many bad plays and bad decisions, but that was truly the point in which I abandoned all hope.

11. Feel bad for Deebo, one of my all-time favorite Steelers.

Oh well. I am set free until the NFL draft.

Practice Squad

Postby majikmarkerz » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Ben didn't look great for the last few games as pointed out by many others on this board. The coaching hasn't been very good in my opinion. Window is closing on Big Ben's career...

Things I'd like to see next year.
Better Secondary
Legitimate 3rd scorer on offense (The drop off after Bell and Brown is huge)
Better Coaching all around
Better Special Teams
More dynamic offensive play calling

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:11 am

All those things, the same coaching staff, and a quarter will get you a ride on the bus. Nothing more.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:16 am

I would love to point out past cheating scandals and referee bias in the SB, but the sad fact is the Patriots are just better. Period. I'm done hating. It's hard to admit it but we all just wish our coach and our team performed one tenth as well and as consistently as them. Sucks.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk