Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Pats Pregame Outlook

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Pats Pregame Outlook

Postby StillMill » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Stillers-Pats Pregame Outlook has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Pats Pregame Outlook

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 am

There is good and bad in a SB appearance for us, if we go and win we're stuck with Momlin for the unforseen future. If we don't go, Momlin may leave and we may never have another chance for years due to the QB position.

I was watching Colin Cowturd, he isn't coming out saying that the Stillers will win but says that Brady is 39 and simply doesn't have the edge he used to. I sure hope so, I am sick of seeing NE every f'ing year.

VIDEO LINK: https://youtu.be/QXHFf4RdEy0

Go Stillers! :subngtowl:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6166

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 am

On second thought, we're probably FUCKED.

LINK: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/ ... -big-game/

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:31 am

Still said

McSwallers - has me ROFL. Gaytriots has me ROFL. Matter of fact - I cant remember Mill giving us a PREQUEL before. Its like double the fun!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:31 am

I gotta be honest, even with Mitchell patrolling center field, the last thing that worries me in thia game is Tom Lady's "deep ball." He didn't have one in his prime (don't let Randy Moss' athleticism fool you) and he's past his prime. As for the quick slants (see, "pick plays") my hope is our newfound speed at lb can clog some of those lanes. A creative combination of blitz pressure, middle coverage by lbs, and press coverage by dbs should be able to slow those down. Bottom line, as Mill points out, is we're not going to "stop" the Pats. We will need to outscore them.
Stillers 34, Patsies 24

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Isfry and others, the NFL won't let anyone "stop the patsies" or any other team. Their idea of great football is the last team with possession can score the winning points. It will take 30+ to win. Steelers like Dallas game need to make sure they have the ball last.
Great write up. You dialed it in.
Texans would have beaten Patsies if Rot Osweiler could have gotten anything going. Hopefully Steelers LBs are the difference. Sure would like to see Dupree 'introduce' himself to the lady Braidy!
And, the winner of this game will come down to 'beat the guy in front of you!' Is that a Lombardiism?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:53 am

The win is there for the taking. What can screw it all up is Ben's play and poor play calling. I agree with Mill about how on the road Ben has been playing like he was intimidated and scared. He needs to step up and kick some fuking ass for a change. On Defense, rush Brady up the middle and get him out of that pocket. If we do that that is when the strip sacks can come into play. I'm nervous as a whore in church about this game. Go Stillers! :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Just read this stat:

"The Patriots are just 2-4 (.333) in postseason games when Brady absorbs at least three sacks as opposed to 21-5 (.808) when he is sacked two or fewer times."

Nuff said?

Return to Stillers Talk