Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » CRAZY IDEA...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

CRAZY IDEA...

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 am

I guess everyone here pretty much is unhappy with Landry as a 2nd stringer to backup BR7. Rumor has it that Jenny Jones is ready to eject Romeo to let Dik, or Duk, or Dyke or whatever his name is take over the reins. We could get him cheap, have a capable backup, get the inside play book, and be ready to bring a surprise should we face them in another SB in the next couple of seasons. To think that He'd have a SB ring playing for the Stillers versus them would be gravy. He'd go into the H.O.F. as a Stiller no less... :surockin:

BTW: anyone think that this is that far fetched - who would have thought that Vick would be in a Stillers Uni?

Thoughts / comments?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: CRAZY IDEA...

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 am

Believe it or not I had a similar thought as I watched Romo standing with clipboard and headset during the Packers game. Hell is Vick still available? LMAO

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 am

The guy is too brittle. Most injuries are knees, ankles, etc., but every time his body goes to the ground his skeleton fractures. Don't like it.
Find a couple of big QB's with a brain late in the draft and start grooming both of them under Ben/Haley for a QB fight-off 2 years down the road. Please stay away from the athletic QB. How many times does that have to fail before teams give that shit up? Find a big smart QB who can read a defense and if he is athletic that is merely a bonus, not a requirement.
That's my cent and a half anyways.

:cheers:

P.S. One day and a wake-up before my industry makes it's comeback. :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:38 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:The guy is too brittle. Most injuries are knees, ankles, etc., but every time his body goes to the ground his skeleton fractures. Don't like it.
Find a couple of big QB's with a brain late in the draft and start grooming both of them under Ben/Haley for a QB fight-off 2 years down the road. Please stay away from the athletic QB. How many times does that have to fail before teams give that shit up? Find a big smart QB who can read a defense and if he is athletic that is merely a bonus, not a requirement.
That's my cent and a half anyways.

:cheers:

P.S. One day and a wake-up before my industry makes it's comeback. :D

I agree with you on the QB draft/groom and have said as much often while lamenting the fact that without Ben the Steelers would be competing with the Browns for basement dwelling. Hard to find the pro-style QB in colleges anymore. Hell even the master himself Nick Saban begrudgingly ended up going the "athletic" QB route, but with disappointing results this year. College coaches don't last long without winning, so I don't think they care about preparing a QB for the next level. I am no smarter than you SoCal, but that is my 2 cents.

BTW - Not sure I understand your P.S. comment.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't see why we couldn't get Romo as a backup, with all the upside, and still try and draft a future QB high in the draft. Romo would be a HUGE improvement from dirty laundry jones, as a backup. Then groom away for the next couple o years on a kid or two.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

BTW - Not sure I understand your P.S. comment.
When the new administration takes over the aerospace industry is going to have a huge, overdue, long awaited boost. I have watched as competitor after competitor closed their doors. Somehow our company has managed to survive.
While the media focuses on reducing costs in those CEO-Trump meetings at Trump Tower, they are also discussing future military/aerospace projects which is very good news for me.

8-)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:I guess everyone here pretty much is unhappy with Landry as a 2nd stringer to backup BR7. Rumor has it that Jenny Jones is ready to eject Romeo to let Dik, or Duk, or Dyke or whatever his name is take over the reins. We could get him cheap, have a capable backup, get the inside play book, and be ready to bring a surprise should we face them in another SB in the next couple of seasons. To think that He'd have a SB ring playing for the Stillers versus them would be gravy. He'd go into the H.O.F. as a Stiller no less... :surockin:

BTW: anyone think that this is that far fetched - who would have thought that Vick would be in a Stillers Uni?

Thoughts / comments?

I doubt that will have any chance of happening. Look at how many teams now have mediocre or bad STARTING QBs, letalone backups. Denver, Buffalo, N.Y. Jets, San Franciso, etc. will give Dallas whatever they want to get him. I've already heard that if Landry Jones commands more than 6-7 million for a season, he's as good as gone. So if they're not willing to pay that for a Back-Up QB, well, that says it all.

I'd love to have him here, but it's never going to happen. The best this team could do would be to ink a Matt Cassel or Brian Hoyer-type back-up.

Return to Stillers Talk