Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Last years draft top 2 pics LBs. people called em CRAZY!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Last years draft top 2 pics LBs. people called em CRAZY!

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:50 am

Well im here to say that using our first and second round picks on linebackers lamaar woodley and lawrence timmons looks like sheer genius! It makes the secondary light years better. It gets our offense back on the field quickly and it puts the fear of god into opposing QBs.

Hell im not even going to argue about this years third round pick linebacker Bruce Davis! The Steelers brain trust are geniuses. EVERYONE pooh poohed the picks last year citing needs on o line and d line and look at the biggest impact players we have....LINEBACKERS....those picks made an already probowl dangerous james harrison even MORE deadly this year.

thats all i have to say on that subject. evidently we DIDNT need to spend all our top picks on o line this year or last year.

great call steelers! :sufootballreferee:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Last years draft top 2 pics LBs. people called em CRAZY!

Postby indysteel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:33 am

We might want to give it some time before we judge last years draft.

I'll agree that the two LBs would appear to have bright futures.

Here is the issue though --- what does the O line look like next year? The little pesky problem will not go away. If they have significant O line issues yet this year (we are only one game into the season) or next, most will point back to inadequate drafting as the cause.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Last years draft top 2 pics LBs. people called em CRAZY!

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:00 pm

with all the high drafting of O LINE this year....eight in the first round alone.....I think even when we draft 32nd next year we will have an excellent o lineman drafted. and if its that much of an issue we can pick up another in round two although id like to see a DL in rd two. then rd three back to o line.

im not worried. i truly believe that how they stacked the linebackers in drafts will get us to the superbowl and win it for us this year.

FIRST TO SIX BABY!

Return to Stillers Talk