Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers Playoff Game vs Chiefs Game Time Changed

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers Playoff Game vs Chiefs Game Time Changed

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:04 pm

The scheduled 1:05 pm et scheduled kickoff time for The Steelers vs Chiefs playoff game this Sunday has been changed to 8:20 pm et due to a weekend ice- storm in Kansas City.

Well, some make like the time change, but I hate it. As I've wrote here before I'm not a fan of Steelers prime-time games, but oh well. :supissed:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers Playoff Game vs Chiefs Game Time Changed

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:31 pm

One would think that it would be quite difficult to predict an ice storm 48 hours in advance. We are talking about an event that requires specific atmospheric conditions and just the right temperature to exist. Are we to believe this prediction is reason enough to reschedule a game? I don't get it.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:41 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:One would think that it would be quite difficult to predict an ice storm 48 hours in advance. We are talking about an event that requires specific atmospheric conditions and just the right temperature to exist. Are we to believe this prediction is reason enough to reschedule a game? I don't get it.

Neither do I. The league claims it's in the interest of "public safety", but if it was they would just move the game to Pittsburgh....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:
SoCal Stiller wrote:One would think that it would be quite difficult to predict an ice storm 48 hours in advance. We are talking about an event that requires specific atmospheric conditions and just the right temperature to exist. Are we to believe this prediction is reason enough to reschedule a game? I don't get it.

Neither do I. The league claims it's in the interest of "public safety", but if it was they would just move the game to Pittsburgh....

More like the interests of ratings points....

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Yup. Some bean counter crunched some numbers and decided an evening game would sell more pizza hut. Most people don't go to work on Monday, anyway.

Return to Stillers Talk