Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Doplhs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Re: Stillers-Doplhs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby isfry » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 pm

But the chiefs run d is pretty porous. we may see more Bell this week, especially if Ben's ankle is bothering him. we'll see. go stillers

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 pm

If I remember correctly, which I often don't, in the lead up to the Chiefs game in week 2, there was all this talk about our running game, then Ben came out and lit up their secondary for 5 TDs. Now, there's alot of talk about the chiefs secondary addressing that, which may open 4 lane highways for 26. I can envision a game where Ben throws less than 20 again. Probably in our best interests, too, if I'm right.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 am

isfry wrote:If I remember correctly, which I often don't, in the lead up to the Chiefs game in week 2, there was all this talk about our running game, then Ben came out and lit up their secondary for 5 TDs. Now, there's alot of talk about the chiefs secondary addressing that, which may open 4 lane highways for 26. I can envision a game where Ben throws less than 20 again. Probably in our best interests, too, if I'm right.

Well shit, if they have a solid running game attack, there is absolutely no reason to risk turnovers and further injury to BR7 etc. etc.. The goal is to beat the Chiefs, doesn't have to be pretty. I say establish the run to set up the passing game, but make adjustments as needed. With Momlin in there, adjustments will not be forthcoming however. :suxfingers:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:
isfry wrote:If I remember correctly, which I often don't, in the lead up to the Chiefs game in week 2, there was all this talk about our running game, then Ben came out and lit up their secondary for 5 TDs. Now, there's alot of talk about the chiefs secondary addressing that, which may open 4 lane highways for 26. I can envision a game where Ben throws less than 20 again. Probably in our best interests, too, if I'm right.

Well shit, if they have a solid running game attack, there is absolutely no reason to risk turnovers and further injury to BR7 etc. etc.. The goal is to beat the Chiefs, doesn't have to be pretty. I say establish the run to set up the passing game, but make adjustments as needed. With Momlin in there, adjustments will not be forthcoming however. :suxfingers:

Yeah, the approach under Momlin and Haley seems to be, if what you're doing is working, just keep doing it. If what you're doing ISN'T working, just keep doing it.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk