Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades (condensed)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades (condensed)

Postby StillMill » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades (condensed) has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades (condensed)

Postby ballhair » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:59 am

Happy New Year Mill! spot on as always. As I was sitting there watching this game during the first three quarters, all I could think of is how in the fuk can you lose to a 1-14 hated division rival playing at home?
Hate to be a downer but how can we go anywhere in the playoff's with this defense? Will they make Moore look like Marino. Are they going to stop Ajay? For the last few games we came out looking like we didn't want to be there then all of a sudden in the fourth qtr. we start playing for real. Why is that? The patriots come out every game wanting to tear your head off. I wish we had that mentality. With this average defense of ours combined with injuries, If bad Ben shows up for periods in the game we lose. Thanks again Mill for another season of reality game analysis. :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:58 am

The cold reality is this team doesn't get past the Patriots or the first away playoff game, whichever comes first. Or shit the Dolphins beat the crap out of them in the regular season... so maybe that's the end of the farce. What is going to stop that stud running back now that they are down defensive linemen? Maybe Ben comes to play unlike the first matchup... but who knows? He is wildly inconsistent. The Patriots showed yesterday what a true Super Bowl contender does... they beat the shit out of the playoff bound Dolphins. An OT win at home to the Browns? Finally, there are a lot of first and second round picks on this shit defense aren't there? Wasn't Stoogelin supposed to be a defensive genius when they hired him?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 am

One last thing to ponder for the Steelers, when Ben goes off to his life's work... this team is going to be struggling to stay with the Browns....

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:52 am

For the love of Ron Zook, could this asshole HC hire a fucking Special Teams Coach!!!???? I know Everytime the Stillers kick/punt the ball away OR have to return a kickoff I am sweating like OJ about to take the stand.....With the cold weather forecasted next Sunday and the slop and slap nuts style of football we are accustomed to watching, this part of the game will be a nail biter.

Game Notes:

It hard to say this but, nice to see Heyward Gay back on the field. great hustle to stop the INT return for TD.

Mill Nailed it on the head about Ayers and his bullshit showboating, another Momlin jaggoff working on his celebrations under the tutelage of AB and Bell....
I fXcking hate it....1 bad drop but looks very promising.

Steve Marrucci didn't go into detail, but already picked the AFC title game to be KC and the Pussies on the NFL network this am.....rightfully so given the heap of mess of the other 4 teams in the tournament.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another home game Wild Card Egg laying by Momlin and crew. This team and more especially this defense is over-rated.

BB

Practice Squad

Postby tfactor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 am

"Steve Marrucci didn't go into detail, but already picked the AFC title game to be KC and the Pussies on the NFL network this am.....rightfully so given the heap of mess of the other 4 teams in the tournament."

What's pathetic about this is 3 of those 4 team are dealing QB issues (2nd string, 3rd string, and Ossuckweiler). We have a HOF caliber QB and make this list due to the jagoff head coach we have

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Missed first Steelers game in best part of 2 decades due to some weather issues. Luckily have this site to rely on a reliable post game thinking, no graba$$ analysis to sift through.
Hargrave another concussion? Gdmmit. Can't somebody design a frigging helmet that actually works?!?
Not surprised Steelers a little disconcerted given the BentGals and Cravens games the last 2 weeks and meaningless Clownies. That attitude can result in injury. Still glad Steelers aren't run like a prison camp as in Bilk Bellacheat or Prick Saban teams.
Especially concerned about D line issues. That is half the game. O will need to run on all cylinders from start to finish. And Miami Dolphins line dominated Munch O line and hurt RottenHamburger last meeting. That needs to be reversed next Sunday and I think with Bell at the top of his game it will be. Let's rock and roll!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks, Mill. Yeah, I don't think anybody was surprised to see the Steelers come out flat for this one. Was a shit show. Playing literally the worst team in the league in your house with 90+ percent of your starting D out there and RGIII and Crowell look like Unitas and Walter Fucking Payton. Embarassing.

All the media stiffs are giving it to Bradshaw for his (accurate) comments on Tomlin and the talking heads in the booth on Sunday were hyping up how important this game seemed to him (in the 4th quarter, at least.) What a joke. He only cemented, for me, his cheerleader status.

I wanna thank this site, and Mill's analysis, for enhancing my ability to look critically and analytically at the game. When I saw Shazier whiff on his gap assignment to give up what ended up being a 60 something yard run I instantly thought of Mill pointing it out in his analysis. It's a pleasure to be able to get no-nonsense reporting in a time where hyperbole rules and the mainstream media wants to make every story be about the first (fill in the blank) to (fill in the blank) since (fill in the blank.)

Not much hope for a SB, but would sure like to win a home playoff game. Go Steelers.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:55 pm

-It's nice to see these young WRs like Rogers, Hamilton, and now Ayers step up out of nowhere. No reason to have Coates and Wheaton on the roster next season taking up valuable space.

-Speaking of next season, I've seen enough of Landry Jones. Yes, he had a good 2nd half and all of that, but he's too up and down,(mostly down), to be considered a solid back-up QB. Haley's dumb as shit play-calling didn't help, but he was too timid and scattershot in that 1st half of play. If it was anyone but the Clowns, they would've been down 35-7 at the half. 1 thing, though; If you're going to move on from L.J.. PLEASE don't draft a QB unless you plan on him being Ben's heir apparent.

-I agree about The O.L.'s weak-assed "effort" in this game. They were facing the worst/one of the worst run defense's in the NFL. No excuse for that bullshit re: of who was playing. The only thing worse than their blocking was their standing around while the Cleveland defender nearly scored on the pick 6 before D.H.B. hustled back and stripped him before he broke the plain for the T.B.

-The worst, though, was the defense getting swiss-cheesed by the Clowns glorified CFL offense, particularly on the ground. With a RB coming in who hung 200 yards on them the last time they met, well, I don't have to explain why I'm worried. How the hell Vegas has the Steelers by 9.5 over The Fish is beyond me.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Case in point about the mainstream media? Bob Labriola actually had the nerve to say this:

"...27-24 over the Cleveland Browns, and that the Steelers needed overtime to accomplish it should be viewed as more of a compliment than a criticism."

Yes, a compliment to NEED OVERTIME TO BEAT THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL AT HOME. With compliments like that, who needs criticism?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:32 am

This game was a classic Momlin game in which he does not have his team emotionally prepared. However, I would like to point out that there is always a let down the week following the Ravens match-up (for both teams actually). I was glad Ravens-Steelers was not the last game on the schedule.

OK. I'm going to step away for a moment and take a 30,000 ft view of this thing and inject some optimism into the conversation....
1. This last game aside, we have been seeing steady improvement in the defense thanks in part to the 3 rookies. Not one of us predicted this defense would improve this much since early in the season so I think Butler deserves some credit (mostly for starting the rookies).
2. A healthy LB group is always key to the Steelers success and we have 4 healthy good ones with the return of and emergence of Dupree.
3. Unlike recent years, all of our top offensive players are healthy heading into the playoffs.
4. Unlike recent years, our offensive line is a strength of the team and not a weakness.
5. We have a pretty damn good FG kicker.

Have a great and prosperous 2017 everyone!

Go Steelers!

Go Pens!

Signed,

Your optimistic Steeler brother :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:35 pm

When I read some of your guys replies, I laugh my ass off, funny.
That fucking defense better learn to tackle or its going to be a long afternoon. Need to watch that Gorilla, Suh so that he doesn't injure Ben.
Luckily Ayay has some injuries supposedly. Happy New Year all.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 am

By the way, it's been very entertaining in my part of the world watching Raider fans in full meltdown mode after being so cocky and plain fucking irritating all season. I clearly remember all of these stains giving me a load of shit when key Steelers went down just prior to the playoffs. It is very gratifying to give it right back at them this season.
I will have to admit, however, that I really like their coach and QB. (Of course I will never admit that to them.)
:supimpin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:44 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:By the way, it's been very entertaining in my part of the world watching Raider fans in full meltdown mode after being so cocky and plain fucking irritating all season. I clearly remember all of these stains giving me a load of shit when key Steelers went down just prior to the playoffs. It is very gratifying to give it right back at them this season.
I will have to admit, however, that I really like their coach and QB. (Of course I will never admit that to them.)

Someone said the other day on Twitter that Dolphins fans were acting extremely cocky for their team not having won a playoff game since the 2000 season. I find that fans of teams who haven't won/won at a high level for many years are more insufferable than fans of teams who have.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Steelers76 wrote:
SoCal Stiller wrote:By the way, it's been very entertaining in my part of the world watching Raider fans in full meltdown mode after being so cocky and plain fucking irritating all season. I clearly remember all of these stains giving me a load of shit when key Steelers went down just prior to the playoffs. It is very gratifying to give it right back at them this season.

Someone said the other day on Twitter that Dolphins fans were acting extremely cocky for their team not having won a playoff game since the 2000 season. I find that fans of teams who haven't won/won at a high level for many years are more insufferable than fans of teams who have.

except for Cheats fans. They're the worst.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:33 pm

isfry wrote:Not much hope for a SB, but would sure like to win a home playoff game. Go Steelers.

I miss the optimistic isfry. :cry:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Ok, here goes. I predicted 11-5. I was right. I predicted we'd win the North. I was right. I agree with you, SoCal, that the defense is much improved. I also agree that having a healthy Bell, Brown, and Pouncey makes this a more likely SB campaign than the last three playoff runs, and that our O line is in good shape overall. I guess I'm so used to seeing Tomlin teams underperform, teams I had MORE confidence in than I do in this one, that I'm a bit gunshy

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 pm

But, if this team gets on a roll and plays up to their potential, rather than down to their opponents, the sky's the limit. One game at a time. Let's beat the fish, then we'll talk about road games.
Go steelers!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:53 am

Oh, hell. We will cream the fish, we will go on to beat the Queefs in KC and then march into Coxboro to avenge the nightmares of AFCC's past. All of this on the road to beating the Cowgirls in the SB...by one two-point conversion.

GO FUCKING STEELERS!!!

(that better, SoCal?)
:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 am

Isfry is back! Thanks bro. All is right in my world now.

:surockin:

Next

Return to Stillers Talk