Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Giants Postgame Analysis & Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Giants Postgame Analysis & Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:13 am

Stillers-Giants Postgame Analysis & Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Giants Postgame Analysis & Grades

Postby fuckNE » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am

Well Done Mill. I am happy to see the rotation of Lb's starting to slow down with the insertion of J Jones. I don't think I saw him at all during the game. Actually, you never see him in on any play anyway because he sucks ass. Silverback still getting it done at 38. The way he is playing, I would take him back at 39. Watching Timmy try to run one back after his Int really showed me he is past his prime. $15 million salary this year. He looked like he had it stuffed in a backback full of $100 bills on the return and was trying to get to an exit...

Buck Rogers goes MIA again. He is explosive, but seldom used....1 play a game isn't enough.

Mike Mitchell actually had 2 pass breakups. That in itself was amazing for him. I would take 1 pass breakup per game and sacrifice the borderline 5 late hits..

Burns and Davis continue to grow and actually made some nice tackles..William Gay got lucky on the long throw by SHE-LI in the first half where he fell down when she threw a quail wobbler over the receivers head.

Watching SHE-Li fall to the ground before being sacked by silverback confirmed she is a bigger pussy than Marsha in NE..

The local media in the burgh is grading the special teams with an "B" and B-" due to the new kicker having a good game. The special teams unit is a glowing problem week in and week out and never seem to improve. Between the coverage and weekly poor punting distance, this unit sucks.

De-Asstro has taken the reins from Gilbert and continues the tradition of meeting the weekly holding penalties quota by an o-lineman. No excuses week after week of this shit play...

It is frustrating to know that a typical egg layer is up next in Buffalo. The 2 other Eggs by Googly in Miami and Baltimore may too big a hill to climb
to reach the post season......woulda, coulda, shoulda......BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 am

"Watching Timmy try to run one back after his Int really showed me he is past his prime. $15 million salary this year. He looked like he had it stuffed in a backback full of $100 bills on the return and was trying to get to an exit."

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on this one. I watched it twice and he looked pretty damn good running to me for a LB his size. Watch it again. Timmy is a great complement to Shazier and they would be wise to try and re-sign him. He is still one of our most consistent players week in and week out.
The biggest difference for the D this season is Butler allowing young rookies to play and it's paying off as they are starting to come together. Hopefully that trend continues. Davis and Burns already look like the best two players in the secondary, and that's a good sign for the future. Next on my Christmas wish list is a ball-hawking safety a la Ed Reed.
Nice write-up Mill and I completely agree about AB.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:34 am

When Mitchell 'defended' his very first pass this year, I couldn't help but think of the Still. LOL! Then he broke up another one and I nearly fell out of my chair. Your acknowledgement is proof that you are fair minded in your assessments, good or bad....
Ben, Bell and Haley played intelligent football from the outset. One year the Steelers approached a Patriots game this way and the Steelers also came away with a convincing victory. Ben is playing championship football, really keeping ALL relievers involved. It helps that his Oline is giving him time. Still waiting for Bell to break his first long distance run.
O kept D off the field giving them gas at the end. Agree with Socal and Steeler6 that it has been hugely important to give the rookies playing time, in fact I would say that it is required to have one impact rookie on ANY championship team.
Finally, it is good that the Baltimorons are making Steelers work for division title.

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 am

"Watching Timmy try to run one back after his Int really showed me he is past his prime. $15 million salary this year. He looked like he had it stuffed in a backback full of $100 bills on the return and was trying to get to an exit."

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on this one. I watched it twice and he looked pretty damn good running to me for a LB his size. Watch it again. Timmy is a great complement to Shazier and they would be wise to try and re-sign him. He is still one of our most consistent players week in and week out.
The biggest difference for the D this season is Butler allowing young rookies to play and it's paying off as they are starting to come together. Hopefully that trend continues. Davis and Burns already look like the best two players in the secondary, and that's a good sign for the future. Next on my Christmas wish list is a ball-hawking safety a la Ed Reed.
Nice write-up Mill and I completely agree about AB.

So Cal: I guess I am not the only one who thought he is losing a step, including himself, See link below:

http://triblive.com/sports/kevingorman/ ... on-timmons

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm

fuckNE wrote:So Cal: I guess I am not the only one who thought he is losing a step, including himself, See link below:

http://triblive.com/sports/kevingorman/ ... on-timmons

Fair enough my friend. Fair enough.

:cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Timmons "return" reminded me of a pass hauled in by my man Heath a couple years ago and he ended up lumbering downfield and was caught from behind. He was never a speed demon, but it was apparent he was slowing. After reading the statement from Timmons himself and then the posting of his age (30) I was left scratching my head a bit. And Deebo said even HE was catching up to him. Only 30 and burnt already? I am in total agreement with Mill regarding AB's antics. Little weary of hearing the announcers giving Mitchell the "enforcer" label despite his "record" performance yesterday. I think he takes a few cheap shots. I don't have much else to add here that I didn't already post in the game thread looking forward for my 2 cents.
:subngtowl:

Return to Stillers Talk