Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:11 am

Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Browns Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 am

Thanks for the Monday am humor Mill. I am not sure how many of you guys decided to skip the shit-fest like I did. I found something else to do with my Sunday other than watch these 2 shitty teams and gladly kept my blood pressure in check. I guess you could call it my bye week. Happy Thanksgiving to you all..BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 pm

-Yeah, nobody on the team should be especially proud over this win. This is akin to being elated you beat the special-ed kid by 2 in a game of basketball. Given what has gone on the last 4 games, it's not hard to see why little cared about this game.

-Mill was very kind on his grade to the offense as a whole. When you manage 1 TD in 4 red-zone trips against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, I could argue they deserved a D. Only Bell running all over them and a huge time of possession were really the only redeeming moments.

- Burns is frustrating to watch at times, but I believe he's coming along. Hopefully he will supplant Cock-smell by next year. If there is one good thing about Butler at D.C., at least rookies like Burns and Davis are seeing playing time. If Dick was still here, that wouldn't be happening till 2018 at the earliest.

-I have a feeling LaDarius Green is a bust. I'm willing to give him some time to get back in the groove, but I just have that feeling about him right now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:38 pm

"In the end, Clev’s ineptitude was too much for Stoogelin’s ineptitude -- odd as that may sound -- and Stoogelin managed to eke out a flimsy win."

Mikey does just enough every season to not get fired. This team will be mired in mediocrity and be perennial underachievers as long as Captain Cliche is at the helm.

Go Pens! :surockin:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Very apt analysis. Browns are worse than expected.
Steelers76 agree with rookie playtime and TE Green, not at all impressive, Grimble looks faster, more athletic, and trimmer more fit. Maybe he has better hands than Green too.
Thought Steeler O played ok given conditions that work against this O talents. Bell seeming to quit dancing the mendenhall 2 step sooo much and get downfield. Don't know whether it was Saxon instruction or watching Ezekial Idiot running last week.
It was the Brownies, one step below girl scouts, but very hopeful fans have been given a miracle gift. Timmy coming off the edge wreaked havoc, created multiple opportunity for others. KissmyButler found something benching Jarless and giving JH his senior breaks. VW has also shown excellent violent trait when blitzing qb, please give him a shot at the edge. May the turkey gods give us this sacking ability against Luck and trick us into thinking Timmy has new future and Steeler have found the sack as a D tool to give secondary some help.
One other thing. NFLs putrid attempts to use flags to keep games close will be to their detriment. Silly flags against Timmy and McKullers and no holds call when I see Joe Thomas throwing his man down to the ground right in front of ref, No Call?!?!#$/%^

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:31 pm

[quote="SoCal Stiller"]"
Mikey does just enough every season to not get fired. This team will be mired in mediocrity and be perennial underachievers as long as Captain Cliche is at the helm.

And it will probably be the same old this year SoCal.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:35 pm

The remaining six games have the Steelers playing teams with a combined W-L record of 25-35. With the possible exception of the Giants currently at 7-3 one would think they should get in the postseason. Bills, Dolts both 5-5, but not confident they can beat them. Should beat the Bungles and Browns again. Those 2 wins would give them only 7 wins against what could be 9 losses. Poes come to Heinz Christmas Day, but I swear it seems like the Steelers are scared of them when they play. I am thinking generous and give them a win against either the Bills or Dolts to give them 8 wins. AFC West is tight with Raiders 7-2, Chiefs, Broncos at 7-3 with division games yet to be played. NE looking like they may be top seed. Not much room to squeeze in. So my prediction of 10-6 and miss the playoffs seems more like 8-8. My 2 cents. Anybody?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Underwhelming win for sure, and I have no idea how anyone thinks this season's defense (or offense) is an improvement over last year's.......oh yeah, that's right, NO Antwon Blake. He was definitely our biggest problem the whole last season, and look at how much better the defense is now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Steelerssix wrote:The remaining six games have the Steelers playing teams with a combined W-L record of 25-35. With the possible exception of the Giants currently at 7-3 one would think they should get in the postseason. Bills, Dolts both 5-5, but not confident they can beat them. Should beat the Bungles and Browns again. Those 2 wins would give them only 7 wins against what could be 9 losses. Poes come to Heinz Christmas Day, but I swear it seems like the Steelers are scared of them when they play. I am thinking generous and give them a win against either the Bills or Dolts to give them 8 wins. AFC West is tight with Raiders 7-2, Chiefs, Broncos at 7-3 with division games yet to be played. NE looking like they may be top seed. Not much room to squeeze in. So my prediction of 10-6 and miss the playoffs seems more like 8-8. My 2 cents. Anybody?

I don't think you're that far off, S.S. The only close to guaranteed win I see the rest of the schedule is Cleveland at home. MAYBE the Bungholes, as they just lost WR A.J. Green and RB Gio Bernard for the rest of the season. Other than that, I could easily see them losing to The Colts, Giants, Ravens, and Bills.

And to anybody that is rooting for them to lose out/miss the playoffs in the hopes that Tomlin will finally be shown the door, that is pointless; Rooneys will never fire him. Never. Would I love to see it happen? Of course. But it never will. They are living in the past, hanging on to antiquated notions that are irrelevant in today's pro. sporting universe. If the Penguins ran their organization the way the Rooneys run the Steelers currently, Dan Bylsma would still be here, and they never would've won their 4th Stanley Cup this year.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Still Mill said

"He’s as lazy as your common unemployed Dumocrat."

This has me :D :D :D :D :D :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:15 pm

PGHeaven wrote:Still Mill said

But wait I didn't think there were ANY unemployed dumocrats due to the last stellar 8 years! BTW PG I suppose the lack of interest in the last game had you at a loss for any philosophical musings? ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Steelers76 wrote:
Steelerssix wrote:The remaining six games have the Steelers playing teams with a combined W-L record of 25-35. With the possible exception of the Giants currently at 7-3 one would think they should get in the postseason. Bills, Dolts both 5-5, but not confident they can beat them. Should beat the Bungles and Browns again. Those 2 wins would give them only 7 wins against what could be 9 losses. Poes come to Heinz Christmas Day, but I swear it seems like the Steelers are scared of them when they play. I am thinking generous and give them a win against either the Bills or Dolts to give them 8 wins. AFC West is tight with Raiders 7-2, Chiefs, Broncos at 7-3 with division games yet to be played. NE looking like they may be top seed. Not much room to squeeze in. So my prediction of 10-6 and miss the playoffs seems more like 8-8. My 2 cents. Anybody?

I don't think you're that far off, S.S. The only close to guaranteed win I see the rest of the schedule is Cleveland at home. MAYBE the Bungholes, as they just lost WR A.J. Green and RB Gio Bernard for the rest of the season. Other than that, I could easily see them losing to The Colts, Giants, Ravens, and Bills.

And to anybody that is rooting for them to lose out/miss the playoffs in the hopes that Tomlin will finally be shown the door, that is pointless; Rooneys will never fire him. Never. Would I love to see it happen? Of course. But it never will. They are living in the past, hanging on to antiquated notions that are irrelevant in today's pro. sporting universe. If the Penguins ran their organization the way the Rooneys run the Steelers currently, Dan Bylsma would still be here, and they never would've won their 4th Stanley Cup this year.

I agree with you and I am certain SoCal would lift a cold one to your Pens comment. Pretty soon I am going to have to start watching hockey I suppose.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:18 am

Every time I think I'm out they pull me back in...

Wow! Just when I thought the season was done for, Mike Tomlin pulls this gem out of his back pocket? Pure coaching mastery. When the first half was almost over and he decided to go for the six instead of the 3? Man, he's just so unorthodox and creatively unpredictable!!! Then, when he fails to get the six TWICE, but skillfully coaches his way to two defensive penalties so he gets a third try and makes it, what does he do? Why, go for two, OF COURSE!!! Man, the Browns never thought that was gonna happen after the Steelers went 0-4 on 2 pointers the previous week. That's the kind of bravery that NFL coaching demands, and most people just don't have the iron stomach of Mike "no nonsense" Tomlin.

To pull off beating the mighty Browns, who have won more NFL championships than anyone else, IN THEIR HOUSE, NO LESS, was nothing short of remarkable. The Steelers lost a couple close ones to the elite powerhouse teams in the league, like Miami and the Ravens, otherwise they would have a record commensurate with the immense quality of their coaching. Has a coach ever been inducted into the HOF before he even retired? If not, maybe MT is the guy to break that glass ceiling!

I'm predicting we win out, finish 11-5, beat the Patriots in foxboro in the AFCC, and then go on to beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl...by one two point conversion...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey Six. The NHL is an awesome sport to watch, especially live. The players and coaches talk, act, and dress with class. Unlike the NFL, the rule changes they have made over the years have improved the game and made sense. There are not too many rules to understand the basics of the game and most of those rules deal with the blue line. Penalty calls are obvious to understand except for maybe interference. I find myself enjoying Pens games even when they lose. The NFFFL (National Fuckface Football League) is 20 minutes of action and 150 minutes of huddles, penalties, replays, commercials, and ass-scratching. Meanwhile, hockey is non-stop action with the shortest commercial breaks in the sporting industry.

Check it out! :surockin:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:05 am

Steelerssix wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:Still Mill said

But wait I didn't think there were ANY unemployed dumocrats due to the last stellar 8 years! BTW PG I suppose the lack of interest in the last game had you at a loss for any philosophical musings? ;)

There is some kind of lethargy at work SS - I have been so engaged in the runup to the presidential election that I fear my philosophical fuel tank is close to E. I am basking in the ecstatic glow of the conservative tidal wave that has overtaken our nation - and as such - I do not have much bile in my spleen. Oh sure - when I see glimpses of Danny boy the castle dweller I can feel my pulse quicken - I still hold out hope that Trump appoints Him to ambassador of Benghazi

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Well PG you know they say it ain't over til it's over (how is that for some philosophical musings?), but hillary is being urged to demand a recount in 3 states. Of course it will be three states with the needed electoral votes and not Kansas or Wyoming. I don't think she would look for a recount because they may find the 3 million or so illegals that voted upon encouragement from Obola and the cemetery vote she locked up. But I digress as usual and just wish the whiners would go back to whatever they have as their second most important function. On to football and hoping the Steelers can beat a guy who was bailing Christmas trees at walmart or at the most threw his last pass 2 years ago or something. Perhaps Butler can find some magic. And I might add that I am glad to see the rookies in the secondary playing even if they make some mistakes. How else will they learn? My 2 cents now I am broke.

Go Steelers! :subngtowl:

Return to Stillers Talk