Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:48 am

Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:35 am

Nice write up Mill. This was a make or break it game for the defense. Thank god someone decided to FINALLY decide to put together a game plan of attack and not being attacked. A few game notes:

Burns shows a few flashes of hope, however needs the reps given he missed all of preseason. Lots of mistakes.
Rodney Dangerfield was a pleasant surprise, Shamarko has been lost in the "Golden Triangle" of misfit draft picks and will never been seen again on D.
Jarvis Jones just flat our sucks.
The weekly AB "Dancing with a jaggoff" celebration has to end. One of these 15 yard penalties is going to bite the team in the ass in a game. Why is this not addressed?

I know I am not the only one who sees the game against the Jets Sunday and sees a typical slop fest of mistakes and miscues in another nail biter that shouldn't be. Hopefully I am wrong, but Momlin never fails to deliver. BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 am

Agree with you guys. Still baffled (not really) at the prospect of leaving starters in when game is in hand. Why is AB still on special teams? Why is AB continuing the stupid preening? Still believe they will let us down since the coaching is so non-chalant. Team should be ready and playing hard no matter who the opponent is and what the score is. I watched the poes vs raiders and neither team caved and they played with passion the whole damn time. AND I see coaches getting in faces when they should. Won't see that from Tomlin and I believe it is a cause of complacency. Still say 10-6 and miss playoffs even after this shellacking they put on the Chiefs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:58 pm

-It's a shame that it apparently took an ass whipping administered by The Eagles last week to bring about "Redemption Sunday" or whatever the hell Tomlin called it, but it usually takes something like that to bring about much needed change.

-I'm still not sold on Keith Butler, but it's good to see he made much needed changes and adjustments to the defense as Mill pointed out. 4 sacks in the game,(3 by Heyward alone), after 1 the previous 3 games, and 2 turnovers forced. Amazing what can happen when you apply pressure. Somebody on the team should write that down in case you forget.

-Even with the mistakes, I'm impressed by what I've seen of Burns so far. Hell, I'm surprised he's playing at all, then I remember Dick is no longer with the team.

-Bell is the best RB in the league, and could have a future H.O.F. career ahead of him. Injuries you really can't control, but poor choices you can. I hope, no he better have, learned from his bonehead decisions the previous 2 years.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Gotta give somebody credit for attacking D right out of the gate, and, a big AND, keeping the pedal to the metal. Ben throws first ball far enough and probably was a td. Ben still not playing his best football this year yet, on the shoestring throw to AB, there was nobody between AB and the goal line. Gotta think Haley had a chip on his shoulder. Grimble looks like a real superstar, so Green may not be needed, (can't even fake block anyway).
Agree with you giving VW an A. Slow as a VW maybe, but still prevented td by running down the back and wisely not horse-collaring him. Perhaps the Jarless Jones injury is a blessing. Like papermaiche-zier he seems to have a lot of nicks. LB corp was looking like old Steeler type LB corp. Hoping Jarless sits and papermache-zier moves to outside or shadow position with Timmy and VW on the field together much, much more. Is Hargraves about to break out?!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Playing AB on spec teams late in a blowout is obviously crazy. Less obvious, but equally crazy, is the lack of playing time for the guys rotting on the bench. Entire 4Q should have been theirs.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 am

Chiefs came out flat and reprised the last week Stillers - laying an egg to challenge the girth of the Eagles Egg. We beat up on a team that looked like the Gatorade was spiked with vicodin.

Think about it. The coverages offered up wide open receivers - the rush was non existent. It was just one of those games. Robert Morris coulda whooped them Chiefs

Dont get cocky Momlin - redemption must wait!

Return to Stillers Talk