Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:38 am

Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:13 am

Great Write up Mill. I too was also impressed that Hargraves rumbled and tumbled and chased down the RB. Even scarier, he looked more alone than
that POS kneeling in San Fran during the national athem....where was the defense?? I know you haven't given out hard hats in quite some time, but Cherry was unreal in pinning deep all day inside the 20. Given this defenses lack of identity and failure to stop a pee wee football team moving the ball, the field positon was huge. I couldn't agree more with the egg laying in Philly. Jagoff's annual "shit the bed against 2 teams against teams that won't win 4 all year" is on the radar. Hopefully I am wrong.

My game notes: Piss poor play calling 3rd and short-ALLL GAME....3rd and 1, 3rd and 2, 3rd and 3, BB in a the shotgun with an empty backfield...We had great field position the last 8 minutes of the second quarter getting the ball no deeper than our own 45 and cam away with 3 points and 2- 3 and outs.

I am not a fan of this style of defense. Shazier is playing well in it, however I can't think of any other standouts on the D excelling in it....yet? I sure do miss seeing a blitz or 2....

The excessive celebrating is sickening....is this the WWF?

BB

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks a lot for your efforts on this site, been a fan since 67 and as you say 'its a way of life'.
Seems to be a clear relationship of clean football and no Barf-ict.
The Buttler's employment of LaBonehead's 1950's philosophy of "tackle the catch" in full display here, the good was D only giving up FGs. As the season progresses, the D tires and the 3s become 7s, luckily the Os also get better and 30 per game becomes more achievable.
Ben had one of his 3 or so games per year where he can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn. Love hims keep at it though. Heath retirement no problem with very aboveboard play from the next man up. JJames looks like Rambo gone vegetarian. Keep waiting for the wheels to fall off DW, not this game....
The win puts pressure on them to win in their house.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:08 am

A few things that stood out to me:

1. This is the type of game we would have found a way to lose last season. Usually, when Ben starts a game so piss poor, we lose. Period.
2. The areas of the team that were of big concern to me entering the season have been a pleasant surprise. The TE position looks like a strength, not a weakness. Special teams used to give me ulcers, but Bos and Berry are doing one hell of a job so far.
3. Shazier is turning into a real nightmare for enemy offenses. I am extremely impressed with how much he beefed up over the off season and it is paying dividends.
4. Bitchell still sucks and will continue to be the weak link.
5. There were too many deep passes on 3rd and short situations. The field conditions were perfectly suited for quick screens, sweeps, etc., yet Ben just kept lobbing passes deep. The Bengals have one of the better secondaries in the league IMO, so I thought working the edges would have been more effective, especially given the condition of the field.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 am

-If someone doesn't stop Butler and Tomlin from doing this stupid fuck prevent defense when the opponent is within reach and there is still time on the clock, it will cost them AT LEAST 1 win this season. Bank on it. I would've thought anyone who has watched football for more than a season would've grasped this concept, but apparently not.

-Some great catches by the receivers, (James, Grimble, Coates, etc.) made Ben look better than he was.

-I agree about Berry. Very good game from him, and really, he should've gotten the game ball for his performance. After that atrocious game in The AFC Div. round against Denver last season, he's turned up his game way up.

-To add to what Mill said about playing in Philly, I heard this little nugget of info last night; The Steelers haven't won in The City Of Brotherly Love in 51 years. Yikes.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Steelers76 wrote:-

-To add to what Mill said about playing in Philly, I heard this little nugget of info last night; The Steelers haven't won in The City Of Brotherly Love in 51 years. Yikes.

I personally heard John Madden claim it was 52 years, and that was a couple of seasons ago. There's always a time for sumptin' to change however. Personally I feel it's gonna be a loss.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Does Philly have Jim Schwarz as DC? Didn't he turn Bills D around in one year? Excellent opportunity for O to stink up the joint or take big step forward.....

Return to Stillers Talk