Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Foreskins Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Foreskins Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:17 am

Stillers-Foreskins Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Foreskins Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:21 am

Excellent analysis as usual by Mill. One thing I don't hear anymore is criticism of Haley from anyone, ever. I found myself rewinding many plays last night to re-watch some of the things going on with this offense that is not readily apparent. First of all, the key to this offense has been the O-line, and it really started to take off with the arrival of Munchak. The right side is especially dominant right now and DeCastro has turned into an absolute beast. When you mix in a healthy Pouncey and an already good and still improving Army Ranger, the sky is the limit The other thing I noticed is that they're also getting really good blocking from the peripheral players such as the WR's and from the TE spot. Even this early in the season, they looked surprisingly on time, cohesive, and organized.
As far as the D, the jury is still out. I liked how they talked about Blitzburgh leading up to the game then went into zone nearly the whole game. It was an effective enough game plan.
I just can't stand Mitchell, the weakest link on this team by far. Surely there is someone better and more intelligent. You can always count on this guy to have at least one completely asinine act of stupidity per game that costs the team. He fucking sucks. I can't stand his celebrations after every tackle even though the ball carrier has already made a first down.
All in all a great win and the offense is ridiculous. My hat's off to Haley and Munchak.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 am

Haley was elevated to HC before he was ready. Will be sought after when the season is over for a HC job again.

Think what BR7's career could have been like had he been in a scheme like this much earlier.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 am

SoCal agree with you about the O-line. That unit overall is better than the sum of its parts

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:53 am

Spot on analysis. Coupla bounces of the ball and the game would have had totally different character. Jon Gruden right, Ben now attacking Ds rather than slinging long balls.
Realized what makes AB gifted: he runs his route and when turning for the ball he finds it unbelievably fast. You could see it 1st td when ball went thru 26 hands before AB caught it and again on 2nd td when after finding the ball gets his body between the ball and 26. Truly Amazing!
Timmy, lol. Timmy is Heeeaath of D, and old and slow. Reed eating him for lunch early on. 8 man zone seems almost brilliant by the Buttler and T. This could be how Steelers could thrash Pats with their short quick throwing game plans! (Or any other quick short throwing O plans.) Depends on absent running game. Perhaps 3 man front did better than am giving them credit.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Nice wrap, Mill. Great win, all in all. I agree there were a couple of bounces that could have gone the other way, but there were also a couple bounces that went the way of the Skins. (The fumble Shazier caused bouncing right to Garcon, the no-call on the punch in Mitchell's face after a tackle in the 1Q, to name just a couple.) Either way the O-line looks like a fucking monster. I agree, also, Mill on that PI call on Cockrell on the last drive. I never liked the unwritten rule that says, "If you don't turn your head around it's PI." Cockrell stayed with his man, had good position, and put his hand up to deflect the ball just before a catch, all without interfering with the receiver. That is not a foul. Period. It basically resulted in a TD, too, which means this game shouldn't have even been as close as it was.

As for blocking by WR's and JJ, I couldn't agree more, SoCal. I also loved the fact that BR7 was running up to congratulate the young blockers on a couple TD's before even celebrating with the guy who scored. I saw it at least twice. BR7 is not only a complete QB, but a complete football player and a legit leader.

I am super fucking excited about this season. I even have faith in Butler to make adjustments to cover our weaknesses a bit. The D is only going to get better, which is good. The O is only going to get better, too, which is fucking scary for the rest of the league...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Two questions:

Am I the only one who didn't see Jarvis Jones in one play all game?

Did anyone see Justin Gilbert? Did he play?

I guess that was three questions...

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Great job as usual, StillMill

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:10 pm

isfry wrote:Two questions:

Am I the only one who didn't see Jarvis Jones in one play all game?

Did anyone see Justin Gilbert? Did he play?

I guess that was three questions...

Jarvis Jones played allot but did very little. he still likes to titty dance with the O-lineman.

Gilbert may have gotten in late in the game on special teams, although I'm not 100% sure. I'd like to see him on kick-off returns, the one thing that he has excelled at so far. But Tomlin, the genius that he is is too smart for that.

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:41 am

I had to sign up again under a new screen name, I hope you all like it.

Jesse James would get a 1/2 hard hat for his route running and catching, but he is no Heath when it comes to blocking. Here's to hoping it will come with time. The offense could be scary if and when Green can play.

Jarvis Jones looked as confused as OJ when his Limo driver showed up early at his door to take him to the airport after he whacked Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

Golden had a good game, hope he continues to develop.

I liked the aggressive style on 3rd/4th and short, but Haley got a little too cute with the silly play 3rd and 2 with Brown on the reverse that was stopped. D Williams was running it well, a handover would have been plenty.

BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:07 am

fuckNE wrote:I had to sign up again under a new screen name, I hope you all like it.

BB

Welcome back. Love the new screen name. :surockin:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:53 am

FuckJimmyGarropolo was taken, I presume...

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Lol, Yes, FuckGalapagos was take...lol

As much as I hate to admit it, Belichuck knows how to put the best team on the field, Sunday night was impressive at Arizona. I can't hide the concern
when comparing the Stillers and NE when it comes to depth and development of recent drafts and signings. They are always in contention and always the best in their division no matter how weak it is. They never drop the "can't lose games" which Momlin loses an average of 2 per season. Please see Ravens game II in last season against QB signed off of the street. Unfortunately, they will be the measuring stick until Marsha and Belichink are gone. No doubt we will see them in the post season....if we get there..BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:11 pm

I agree. You have to give credit where credit is due. Personally, I think Belicheat has much more to do with their success than Brady does. How would Brady do in Buffalo or in Miami with a different coaching staff? I'm guessing not too well.

By the way, still laughing at the Belichuck and Belichink references.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:40 pm

I agree on NE, unfortunately. I watched that Arizona game and thought to myself, "Fuck if they didn't get a totally capable QB to succeed the Chin-Ass-Cheater." At the same time, I also agree that it's probably as much a result of the culture and discipline that exists there, as it is about individual talent. (See every 5'9" WR that excels in their offense for reference.) I also think this Steeler team could be the one to get the NE monkey off our backs and exorcise that demon in the postseason once and for all. We'll see...

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 pm

SoCal and Isfry

I think the most frustrating thing as I watch NE is exactly what isfry mentioned, how does a 5 9' receiver completely demolish a defense time after time? Thank God Woodenhead left and is pretty much obsolete in San Diego. It confirms what you said, how does this guy get the best out of them?? I hate to bring up guys like Chris Rainey, Puffer Adams, Tu Amuua' (I know that's not close lol sorry) It is extremely hard to see these drat picks with serious character issues be picked. I get the impression that the "roll of the dice" with these players are now the new norm at Stillers HQ. It has been like that for 9 years now and some of these off field issues are embarrassing to the organization and to those of us who were born and raised in the Burgh as a life long fan. The biggest head scratcher is L. Blount. He is back with NE, wins a ring after Momlin sends him packing and now is getting plenty if not all of the carries......How does that happen?? Anyway, Fuck NE.....I am done for the evening. BB

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 am

Great to read the Mill again and see everyone here. I am so anti PC-ness that this site is catharsis. This season - if a team has even one single asshole that kneels or fists or links arms during the national anthem - that team is banished from our TV set - unless of course they are playing the Steelers (assuming Mommy has things under control) - in which case I hope Harry gives them the Drunken Brown's fan treatment. This may mean that I end up with Stillers only games viewed this year. I can live with that

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:31 am

Yeah PG, I was glad to see the ratings down this weekend. Goodell and his minions need to learn a lesson and the only way that happens is if they start losing money. The fucking NFL would not let the players in Dallas wear a patch to honor the murdered police officers yet they do absolutely nothing to Crapperprick for his disgusting display and even more disgusting socks.

:sushootem:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:21 am

IF (capital letters) Haley is improved as a game planner and play-caller, then let us not lose sight of the fact that it may be the result of oversight (from Tomlin) and/or influence, collaboration, trust, etc. on the part of BR7 and possibly a few other trusted players.

BR7 has made no secret of his desire to use the no-huddle. If we take him at his word, it's because it puts the defense on its heels but when there was obvious early friction between BR7 and Haley it didn't take a huge leap of logic to conclude that BR7 sought to minimize Haley's input.

With a healthy, talented line, a HOF QB and the proverbial 'weapons' in the backfield and running pass routes, it would be an incompetent OC indeed who couldn't make some hay.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:55 pm

relictele wrote:With a healthy, talented line, a HOF QB and the proverbial 'weapons' in the backfield and running pass routes, it would be an incompetent OC indeed who couldn't make some hay.

[INSERT PICTURE OF BRUCE ARIANS HERE.]

Next

Return to Stillers Talk