Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Season Prediction

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Season Prediction

Postby isfry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:15 am

12-4, with losses to the Rats at their house, the Pats, Giants, and Chiefs at our house.

Hall of Famer

Re: Season Prediction

Postby isfry » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:47 am

Saw this on NFL.com today...

"Way-too-early season prediction: If all goes according to plan, and Bell and Brown are around for 16 games, this is a 12-win football team that reaches the Super Bowl."

Jus sayin'...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:24 am

I love summer, but it sure was refreshing to get on here and see ANYTHING and I knew I could count on another isfry prediction. Certainly looks good for upcoming season, but just like every other team, must keep starters healthy. What a no-brainer statement, but might help with some Stiller dialogue. Waiting to hear from SoCal if he is finished celebrating the Pens championship.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:05 am

I'm going to go between 10-6 and 11-5. They always finish better than what I predict, so there you are. :subngtowl:

1 thing is for certain, though; They'll lose to at least 1 team they should've beat, such has been the case under Tomlin since 2007.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:35 am

You're right Six, I'm still celebrating the Pens. What a fantastic ride of a season. Loved every moment and didn't want it to end.
As for the Steelers,,, They will go as far as their secondary and coaching blunders allow them to go. I'm thinking 16-0 and winning the Superbowl. Anything less is unacceptable.

:lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Don't fall asleep reading this, but true story SoCal. I was at the beach in Delaware last month while the Stanley Cup games were under way. I have a Steelers backpack filled with stuff with me at the beach and it always gets attention and I end up in many conversations. (Honestly I thought about switching to the Poebirds gear so nobody will bother me and I may enjoy my "beverages" quietly!) At any rate, lots of folks from the Burgh and as it turns out the natives are quite fond of the Pens as well. Before going to the beach that morning on the web I saw the Pens name mentioned in the "trending" section on Yahoo (right below a story about Bruce Jenner going bra shopping!) and without reading the story I assumed the Pens wrapped up the championship in Game 5. On the beach a group from Pittsburgh asked me if I was a Pens fan as well and I said I don't follow hockey that much, but the Pens sure got it done this year as if I knew ALL about it. Someone in the group kindly informed me that it was going to game 6 since they lost game 5 the night before. Felt like an idiot. So embarrassed that I will actually start sporting ravens junk to prove that I am an idiot. Not exactly the deep Stillers talk everybody is looking for here, but I need the fix. :subngtowl:

Practice Squad

Postby majikmarkerz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:59 pm

11-5

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:00 pm

That's a funny story six. I got married in Vegas 2 months ago during the playoffs and my Pens shirt attracted dozens of great conversations on the street and in the hotels. I meet the best people when I'm wearing anything from back home.

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:05 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:That's a funny story six. I got married in Vegas 2 months ago during the playoffs and my Pens shirt attracted dozens of great conversations on the street and in the hotels. I meet the best people when I'm wearing anything from back home.

:subngtowl:

Congrats on getting married SoCal. BTW did you wear the Pens or Steelers jersey at the wedding? :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:42 pm

I wore my Pens T-shirt and actually had a conversation with a Ducks fan while waiting in line to get our marriage license. We had intended to go to a drive-thru chapel, but by the time we got out of the courthouse we were hungry and just wanted to get it done. We ended up paying $60 for a limo ride around the block. The crazy lady who married us just hopped in the back with us and the driver signed off as the witness. So yeah, I was wearing my Pens shirt.
:D

Oh, the story ends with us getting the best french dip sandwiches ever followed by several hours of play time, and I don't mean gambling.
:sudancin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey SoCal, I have been married for almost 30 years, so I am a bit rusty on your use of the phrase "play time"! ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm no spring chicken, but I'm still able to get into the coup.

:supimpin:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:25 am

Congrats, SoCal! Between your new nuptials and my son being born last week, this season is off to a fantastic start! Lats keep the mojo running!!
here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Gee, hate to rain on all this celebration, but the story about Bell is unsettling to say the least. A 4 game suspension for missing drug tests? What the heel is wrong with these guys? :shock:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 pm

isfry wrote:Congrats, SoCal! Between your new nuptials and my son being born last week, this season is off to a fantastic start! Lats keep the mojo running!!
here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

Congrats isfry! Does the newborn have a prediction for this year yet? :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:40 pm

He's a little more optimistic than me. He insists they'll go 16-0 and end up hoisting a dirty Lombardi...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Congratulations brother. My best to you and your family, especially the newest member!

:surockin:

Return to Stillers Talk