Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers sign TE Ladarius Green

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers sign TE Ladarius Green

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:48 am

The Steelers have come to terms with former San Diego Chargers TE Ladarius Green. According to NFL.com, the deal is for 4 years, 20 million.

Green, who stands 6'6 and weighs 240 lbs, had a career year last season; 37 receptions for 429 yards,(11.6 yards per catch), and 4 TDs. For his entire NFL career of 4 years, he has a total of 77 rec. for 1,087 yds,(14.1 y.p.c.), and 7 TDs. He'll be 26 when the season starts.

Not bad for somebody who has played second fiddle to multi-time Pro Bowler Antonio Gates since he started in The NFL. While he's obviously not the total package that Heath Miller was at the position, his frame and speed should allow him to stretch the field more as well as give BR7 a nice, big target. He and Jesse James should make a good tandem.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers sign TE Ladarius Green

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Living here in So Cal, I saw this young man play several games when Gates was out. When he was actually thrown the ball he did very well. It seemed as if Rivers was always hesitant to throw to him just because Gates wasn't written on the back of his jersey. He looks to me to be an excellent bargain and a force down the middle. He should help open up the crossers for AB.

Next up. Weddle?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:16 pm

I read that Weddle has narrowed his choices down to here and Oakland. If he wants paid, he should go to Oakland. If he wants to win, he should sign here. That said, IDK if The Steelers could afford his price tag. I saw something the other day that claimed a source with the team said it was too high. We'll have to wait and see.

Speaking of waiting and seeing, rumors keep swirling that The Texans will release QB Brian Hoyer soon, and The Steelers would be interested in acquiring him to back-up BR7. I also read the team put out there they would like to re-sign Gradkowski. As long as it's not Landry Jones and especially Michael Prick, it will be an instant upgrade.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby clyde » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:21 pm

As for Green, I hope they have the sense to use him the right way. Not as a battering ram only, and not forget him after a few 1st quarter passes. He could solve our red zone problems. As for Weddle I'm not so sure. He has to be better than anyone we have now. I wish he was a little younger Revis. Then I could say great pick up.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:36 pm

I am not enamored of this free agent signing - but that is because I drink The Jesse James koolaid. I reall really think Jesse is going to be the next Heath.

Oh well - long as they release Speath. Now that Marley Bryant is out for 10 games Ben will need all the weapons he can get

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:12 am

Sammie Coates, you're up son. Let's see what you got.

:surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:14 am

PGHeaven wrote:I am not enamored of this free agent signing - but that is because I drink The Jesse James koolaid. I reall really think Jesse is going to be the next Heath.

Oh well - long as they release Speath. Now that Marley Bryant is out for 10 games Ben will need all the weapons he can get

Go Pens! :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:53 pm

:suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:51 pm

Weddle to Ravens. Martavis to Betty Ford. Sweet. The offseason is going well.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:40 am

Will this guy ever see the field? Anyone know what the latest is with his headache issues? Can we get a refund?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:33 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:Will this guy ever see the field? Anyone know what the latest is with his headache issues? Can we get a refund?

It also begs the question, what did the Chargers know and when did they know it?

:suspense:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:58 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:Will this guy ever see the field? Anyone know what the latest is with his headache issues? Can we get a refund?

His agent is claiming it's his ankle and not his headaches keeping him out, but IDK.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:15 am

Thanks guys. I guess we will just have to see how things unfold. I was really happy when we signed him and liked what little I saw from him (I see more Chargers games than I'm willing to admit out here).

:subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 pm

isfry wrote:And then this happened...

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactio ... 140f5bd79b

As I read the article I am wondering exactly WHEN the ankle became a problem since he never played or practiced. What do I know?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:Thanks guys. I guess we will just have to see how things unfold. I was really happy when we signed him and liked what little I saw from him (I see more Chargers games than I'm willing to admit out here).

:subngtowl:

Hey SoCal, you could live in Cleveland! :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:15 am

"Hey SoCal, you could live in Cleveland! :lol:"

Thanks but no thanks. If I ever move back east it will be in the burgh. It's one of the few cities that hasn't been completely ruined yet.

Return to Stillers Talk