Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Heeeeath

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Heeeeath

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Anybody else out there gonna miss #83? He has been my fav Steeler the last 11 years. I usually will not spend $$$ on NFL junk, but admit I do have me a #83 jersey. If I had to instruct any athlete on how to be the consummate professional I only need point to Heath Miller. Always getting the job done and such humility. Wish I new the guy personally. It was inevitable that he was going out soon as it appeared he was losing a step or 2, but still worked hard and easy to see why Ben would choose #83 as his MVP all the time. Gonna' miss you Heeeeath. Wish you the best of everything in retirement.

Practice Squad

Re: Heeeeath

Postby clyde » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:40 pm

I never thought they threw to him enough. The steelers offense will miss him next year. Just wished they would have tried to draft a tight end a few years ago for when this day would come instead of some linebacker.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 am

I knew the day was coming, but I honestly thought he'd give it just this season and then hang them up.(As he had 1 more year left on his contract.) Either way, it was a hellava run for #83. I haven't watched every Draft to see who The Steelers would take in the 1st round, but I saw when he was selected in 2005. I remember being happy we got him,(as I honestly don't remember who the hell was The No.1 TE before he arrived), but he honestly even played above my high expectations. He's a future H.O.F.'er as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks, Heath. Enjoy retirement. You've def. earned it! :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:13 pm

You summed it up Steelers76. Heath Miller was a man. No bullshit. Hard working. Dependable. Humble. Professional. He belongs in the Hall of Fame. The Steelers are going to miss him badly. I wish too Clyde that they drafted a tight end too.

Any idea why he hung it up? The Steelers are really going to miss his blocking beside the reliable pass catching.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:25 pm

LenSherwood wrote:You summed it up Steelers76. Heath Miller was a man. No bullshit. Hard working. Dependable. Humble. Professional. He belongs in the Hall of Fame. The Steelers are going to miss him badly. I wish too Clyde that they drafted a tight end too.

Any idea why he hung it up? The Steelers are really going to miss his blocking beside the reliable pass catching.

Honestly I think it was just wear and tear. He's only 33, but Megatron Johnson is 30, and Marshawn Lynch 29, and they called it a career too. I have a feeling this is going to be the pattern moving forward in today's NFL.

Heath left 4 million on the table since he retired with a year left on his contract. The question now is do you start looking for his replacement and or depth at TE either through the draft or free-agency? If it's the latter, here are some notable players at the position with their former team;

-Cody Fleener-IND.

-Vernon Davis-DEN.

-Jared Cook-STL.

-Zach Miller-CHI.

Return to Stillers Talk