Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Deja vu All Over Again

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Deja vu All Over Again

Postby PalmerSucks » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 am

Deja vu All Over Again has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Deja vu All Over Again

Postby fred » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks so much for sparing the readers all the freakin' sports cliches. Very good points, very good analysis of SEC qb. I thought from your title it would have ghosts of Josh Harris. 70 yds from backs would be great. Haley and Ben would do well to really focus on chip blocks by RB, which then drift to outlet by design, using AB, DHB, and MB as decoys. Takes Nelson out of the game and gives Cody a chance to take out Burfict. Like to venture a guess: the more than 300 pass yards by Chincy Cincy makes it harder and harder for Steelers to win. Love to see The Buttlerhead confuse MaCarron. Love it even more if James doing the confusing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Nice analysis Palmer and can't find much to disagree with. McCarron scares me because as you said the Steelers D makes opposing QB's appear top notch. He will only gain confidence if he has success. The comment you make about Ben needing to take what is given echoes a lot of my posts this year regarding the downfield heroics in lieu of getting what you need for the moment. I really believe they need to come out smoking and grab a big lead, which means no bonehead "instinct" coaching moves from Tomlin. I have said many times here that I fret over the coaching costing a big game. At any rate: Here we go Steelers! :subngtowl:

BTW love the comment about Baltimore crowing over knocking the Steelers out! Coming from the heart of poeville it is gratifying to see the long faces and whining about wait til next year!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Still hoping to hear from PGHeaven!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:11 pm

If Tomlin fucks this up I blame the Obama nuthugging castle dweller. That's the best PG impersonation I've got. Feel a little better six?

:surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:42 pm

You touched on something I think will be key; Going downfield/throwing the long bomb against The Cinci D. I was listening to "The Fan" this morning, and the host brought out some numbers about Ben's last several long throws against Cinci. I believe he's only completed 1 over 30 yards, and has had several picked off.

And in that same area, please stop going for the long bomb when it's 3rd and makeable, 3rd and short. They've done that the last several games and it's failed more often than it has succeeded, which is why it's called a "low percentage pass."

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:42 pm

I think 70 between FT and JT running PLUS MB et al. on WR sweeps would even do it, frankly. The key, as I and others have stated elsewhere, is going to be protecting BR7, whether by RB's or TE's or short, two step drops (remember the ol' "pop pass" to Heath?). If you see more than two WR screens in this game, you'll be able to tell that Haley has phoned it in. They're gonna have to get more creative than that to keep the Cincy D honest, in the absence of our first and second string RB's.
All of the talk about Cincy losing four WC's in a row and 6 overall playoff games in a row might not be as telling as the following fact: as a franchise they are 0-13 when they trailed in a playoff game AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME. That fact, plus the rookie QB, means we need to get an early lead and make them one dimensional. Yes, we come in "one dimensional" with LB and DW out. Difference is, if they become one dimensional, they don't have a veteran, SB winning QB at the helm with the best corps of WR's in the league at his disposal. Turn this game into a shootout. I dare you, A.J.

Steelers 27
Bengals 13

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:22 pm

I have two predictions, and the outcome of the game may depend on which one comes true.

One: Because of the need to protect Ben and control the TOP, the first Steelers drive is begun by a short slant (ideally to MB to get him involved early) and riddled with quick two step pass routes and dumpoffs. I would like to see a scoring drive with 8-10 short plays, mostly through the air. We win.

Two: Because Haley and Tomlin are so hellbent on "keeping the defense honest" and "not being predictable" the first Steelers drive is three two yard runs by Toussaint followed by a punt. We lose.

Is it time for kickoff yet, cuz I can't watch Hoyer shit the bed anymore...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:48 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:If Tomlin fucks this up I blame the Obama nuthugging castle dweller. That's the best PG impersonation I've got. Feel a little better six?

:surockin:

Like it SoCal. Thx. :suplusone:

Return to Stillers Talk