Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS SQUAD POST SEASON... POLL.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers

WHEN STILLERS WILL BE ELIMINATED?

Round 1
56%
Round 2
11%
A.F.C.C.
11%
S.B. (LOSE)
11%
S.B.(WIN)
11%

Total votes : 9
Grizzled Veteran

Re: DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS SQUAD POST SEASON... POLL.

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:42 pm

I know what ya mean about rotating backs fry, but after Bell goes down and suddenly your 2nd stringer is the 1st team then perhaps it is time to move the next guy up and get him some reps before it goes dark again. As someone astutely pointed out elsewhere here the future hangs on BR7 and also opens the door for more picks. Although I am a bit optimistic about their chances against the Bungles it does create stomach problems knowing they do not really have a bona fide running game. That having been said AJ McCarron might be the second coming if the D plays him that way. One day the line will have to put pressure on the QB and help the secondary that is sure to include Flake instead of starting Boykin to begin with.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:34 am

I'm holding my breath waiting to see what for a humorous response PGHaven has to all this tripe... bet PG's not as optimistic about our chances as the rest of us kool aid drinkers. :)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 am

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:I'm holding my breath waiting to see what for a humorous response PGHaven has to all this tripe... bet PG's not as optimistic about our chances as the rest of us kool aid drinkers. :)

Tripe? Tripe? That hurts my feelings! :shock: Seriously though I too look forward to some PG relief. Let 'er rip PG.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:38 am

Looks like the NFL had their annual coaching musical chairs go down again. If teams of the 70's and 80's were as impatient as some of these dysfunctional owners, the HOF would be half empty and there would be no legendary coaches ever made. It's the same old teams with the same sad story. These asshats will never learn that continuity is the key to sustained success. Bunch of fucking morons.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:15 am

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:I'm holding my breath waiting to see what for a humorous response PGHaven has to all this tripe... bet PG's not as optimistic about our chances as the rest of us kool aid drinkers. :)

Was thinking about our chances and looking over the schedule from this year. Funny, if they had won the game against the Rats in week 16 the Steelers would be heading into the playoffs having won five in a row (three on the road) and seven of their last eight, with the only loss being a close contest against the Seahawks, in Seattle. The fact that they shit the bed in that mavens loss really puts a damper on the roll they were on in the second half of the season.

Come to think of it, if you erase the loss to the rats in week 4, too, where we missed like three field goals in three minutes and lost by three, the Steelers would have been 12-4 (and won the North.) Their only losses would have been to teams who were in the playoffs both last year and this year, and three of them would have been road games. Would have painted a very different picture of the season just by beating a horrible 5-11 team twice.

I know it's spilt milk, and if we had won all 16 we'd be 16-0. I guess the point is there are two ways of looking at it. One, the Steelers are so inconsistent and poorly coached that we don't have any chance of a deep run. Two, a divisional rival who knows us better than anyone pulled off a miracle, twice, and those hiccups don't represent the team that now heads into the postseason. Time will tell which is true...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:59 pm

isfry wrote:

Was thinking about our chances and looking over the schedule from this year. Funny, if they had won the game against the Rats in week 16 the Steelers would be heading into the playoffs having won five in a row (three on the road) and seven of their last eight, with the only loss being a close contest against the Seahawks, in Seattle. The fact that they shit the bed in that mavens loss really puts a damper on the roll they were on in the second half of the season.

Come to think of it, if you erase the loss to the rats in week 4, too, where we missed like three field goals in three minutes and lost by three, the Steelers would have been 12-4 (and won the North.) Their only losses would have been to teams who were in the playoffs both last year and this year, and three of them would have been road games. Would have painted a very different picture of the season just by beating a horrible 5-11 team twice.

I know it's spilt milk, and if we had won all 16 we'd be 16-0. I guess the point is there are two ways of looking at it. One, the Steelers are so inconsistent and poorly coached that we don't have any chance of a deep run. Two, a divisional rival who knows us better than anyone pulled off a miracle, twice, and those hiccups don't represent the team that now heads into the postseason. Time will tell which is true...

That's a real good wrap up of what this season has looked like. When you add in those missed F.G.'s, the outcome is very different. Having said that, great teams overcome adversity which separates them from the rest of the league. It still doesn't help if you have a shitty PK.

Practice Squad

Postby JimRogers » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:52 pm

LenSherwood wrote:The title says it all.. don't expect much from this squad. I guess it is possible to beat the Bengals, but after that the Patriots? I can't say I know much about their injury problems which must be nasty, but Bellichick could go down to a Home Depot parking lot on Sunday morning, hire 22 day laborers, and use them to beat Tomlin.

Good one and probably closer to the truth than we think. OTOH, if they beat the Bengals, they get Denver next, so maybe the Pats get ousted by KC/Hou and we luck out.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk