Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS SQUAD POST SEASON... POLL.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers

WHEN STILLERS WILL BE ELIMINATED?

Round 1
56%
Round 2
11%
A.F.C.C.
11%
S.B. (LOSE)
11%
S.B.(WIN)
11%

Total votes : 9
Grizzled Veteran

DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS SQUAD POST SEASON... POLL.

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:27 pm

The way this team has been executing, I predict that they will be eliminated in round #1.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS SQUAD POST SEASON... POLL.

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:13 pm

They haven't looked stellar in the past two games, especially the offense. I guess it is Denver now. They had the Steelers by the balls in the regular season and let up. That can't happen again. The Steeler offense is not looking so hot right now. They aren't coming back from being down by 3 TDs in Denver.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:55 pm

It will now be 6-Pitt at 3-Cinci, and 5-KC at 4-Houston. 1-Denver and 2-New England BYES.

I like our chances. AFC as a whole is wide open, and it wouldn't totally shock me to see any of the 6 qualifiers in The Super Bowl.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Think I would rather they face the Bungles than the Chiefs and like their chances. Somebody snap their fingers, still seems like this team is in a trance last 2 games.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Waiting isfry for your prediction dude. :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:03 am

The inept head coaching and Dumblin's obsession with trotting Blake out at corner week after fucking week will be their undoing. They're fortunate to play the Bungholes, but will end up losing anyway to another backup.

Sorry to piss on the parade.

:sushootem:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Steelers will win this Saturday. Period. We'll see where it goes from there. It's almost impossible to predict, given how inept they've looked when they've sucked and how dominant they've looked when they show up. If they play like the second half in Denver from here on out? Super Bowl is absolutely winnable. If they play like they have most of the last two weeks? Bowing out in the first round is entirely there for the taking. It all depends on which team shows up. A couple things going in their favor:

1. The Bungles are the bungles.
2. The Steelers penchant for "playing down to the opposition" shouldn't be as much of an Achilles heel, as the opposition is generally better in the postseason.
3. I expect BR7 and the offense to be far better focused come this weekend, whatever the D does.

As someone else pointed out, the AFC is wide open. Both of the wild card teams have beaten the #1 seed this season. I don't think that's ever happened, I could be wrong. Ours for the taking if we want it. The question is, do we want it?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:29 pm

isfry wrote:Steelers will win this Saturday. Period. We'll see where it goes from there. It's almost impossible to predict, given how inept they've looked when they've sucked and how dominant they've looked when they show up. If they play like the second half in Denver from here on out? Super Bowl is absolutely winnable. If they play like they have most of the last two weeks? Bowing out in the first round is entirely there for the taking. It all depends on which team shows up. A couple things going in their favor:

2. The Steelers penchant for "playing down to the opposition" shouldn't be as much of an Achilles heel, as the opposition is generally better in the postseason.
3. I expect BR7 and the offense to be far better focused come this weekend, whatever the D does.

As someone else pointed out, the AFC is wide open. Both of the wild card teams have beaten the #1 seed this season. I don't think that's ever happened, I could be wrong. Ours for the taking if we want it. The question is, do we want it?

Best comment in a long time.

Lets give credit where credit is due. Haley and Butler are doing a good job calling plays. The D, Golson aside, has been injury free. The O, despite missing several people during the season, is one of the top. The AFC doesn-t have a team that raises above the others. We are in. Let s play our game.

I honestly hope that Tomlin comes to sense. Blake is an embarassment. Also... Playing the RBs like they are QB or OL brings this upon us. I hope that the GM is smart enought not to pay Bell or any RB when that second contract comes. I am not willing to pay high salary for somebody on the IR.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:40 pm

With the current RB situation as it is, Tomlin / Haley would be wise to keep 2 TE's on the field for a large number of plays with either Heath or Jesse James staying in the backfield to block or as an outlet. I'm not sure if wise and Tomlin belong in the same sentence though. I'm just going to try and enjoy these bonus games wherever it takes us.

:yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:02 pm

I expect & demand nothing short of excellence from a Professionial Organization that historically sets the standards for the rest of the League to follow. I hope to God these Bastards do not let us down & embarrass us yet again on the National Stage. They better go after Cinci with a vengeance from kickoff to the final gun. There are no tomorrows. :|

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:I expect & demand nothing short of excellence from a Professionial Organization that historically sets the standards for the rest of the League to follow. I hope to God these Bastards do not let us down & embarrass us yet again on the National Stage. They better go after Cinci with a vengeance from kickoff to the final gun. There are no tomorrows. :|

Fuck an A right!!!

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Hey isfry - I know damn sight well that was your vote above for the Stillers to win the SB! You are killin me dude! :lol:

I do hope they go all the way and win the damn thing in spite of everything. And besides it will be a long damn winter with no good reading and laughs like I get here from Mill, PG, SoCal, fry, and the rest of ya'. So keep it going Steelers dammit!! :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:49 pm

Steelerssix wrote:Hey isfry - I know damn sight well that was your vote above for the Stillers to win the SB! You are killin me dude!

Who, me? ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Steelerssix wrote:Hey isfry - I know damn sight well that was your vote above for the Stillers to win the SB! You are killin me dude! :lol:

I do hope they go all the way and win the damn thing in spite of everything. And besides it will be a long damn winter with no good reading and laughs like I get here from Mill, PG, SoCal, fry, and the rest of ya'. So keep it going Steelers dammit!! :subngtowl:

isfry wrote:Steelers will win this Saturday. Period. We'll see where it goes from there. It's almost impossible to predict, given how inept they've looked when they've sucked and how dominant they've looked when they show up. If they play like the second half in Denver from here on out? Super Bowl is absolutely winnable. If they play like they have most of the last two weeks? Bowing out in the first round is entirely there for the taking. It all depends on which team shows up. A couple things going in their favor:

Apparently, BTSC is not only calling for us to beat Cinci, but to bitch slap everyone on our way to taking it all. LINKS:

Cinci odds: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nf ... s-afc-wild

SB odds: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nf ... er-bowl-50

We will see...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:21 am

The title says it all.. don't expect much from this squad. I guess it is possible to beat the Bengals, but after that the Patriots? I can't say I know much about their injury problems which must be nasty, but Bellichick could go down to a Home Depot parking lot on Sunday morning, hire 22 day laborers, and use them to beat Tomlin.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:51 am

Just been thinkin' about the RB woes AGAIN. Just like last year almost except we did have a capable replacement this year and now he is down. Why in the hell do we never see any other RB's during any games until it is too late like now? Wouldn't it be nice to spell our starting RB's with some fresh legs and get them some looks long before an emergency? Just sayin.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:47 am

"Why in the hell do we never see any other RB's during any games until it is too late like now?"

It's very simple, my friend. Tomlin needs someone to keep Boykin and Thomas company on the bench so they're not lonely.

:turnback:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Apparently, BTSC is not only calling for us to beat Cinci, but to bitch slap everyone on our way to taking it all. LINKS:

Cinci odds: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nf ... s-afc-wild

SB odds: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nf ... er-bowl-50

We will see...[/quote]

I saw a bit on NFL Live this morning where the guys were predicting Steelers beat Bungles, Chiefs beat Texans, Steelers beat Donkeys, Chiefs beat the cheats, Steelers beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG. Could happen...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Steelerssix wrote:Just been thinkin' about the RB woes AGAIN. Just like last year almost except we did have a capable replacement this year and now he is down. Why in the hell do we never see any other RB's during any games until it is too late like now? Wouldn't it be nice to spell our starting RB's with some fresh legs and get them some looks long before an emergency? Just sayin.

While I'm as quick as the next guy to throw Tomlin under the bus, I'm not so sure that he is necessarily to blame for Todman and Toussaint not seeing much play time thus far this year. After last year's debacle the Steelers made a VERY wise decision to sign DW. To foresee that Bell would go down again would have been tough. To see that DW would go down behind him would have been asking a little much. I'm not sure I see a whole lot of teams rotating their third and fourth string RB's into the mix during the season to keep them in game shape. I could be wrong. The better question going forward is probably whether Bell is too delicate, as much as I love the guy. Once is a fluke, twice is a trend, three times and you oughtta be looking for work.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:29 pm

LenSherwood wrote:The title says it all.. don't expect much from this squad. I guess it is possible to beat the Bengals, but after that the Patriots? I can't say I know much about their injury problems which must be nasty, but Bellichick could go down to a Home Depot parking lot on Sunday morning, hire 22 day laborers, and use them to beat Tomlin.

I was R.O.F.L.M.A.O. over that... :wow:

Next

Return to Stillers Talk