Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Doncos Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Doncos Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:15 am

Stillers-Doncos Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Doncos Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:17 am

Did anyone catch Tomlin's stupid antics into the camera? This guy is a complete assclown.
From what I am seeing on D, Butler is trying to scheme his way to success instead of letting these guys just react and play. I believe there are enough athletes in that secondary to man up, press the receivers, and make the dink and dunkers of the world hold on to the fuckin ball. While I would agree that Denver missed opportunities in the 2nd half, the overall play was 10X better than in the first half (no exaggeration). We all see them play better every damn time our DB's are allowed to engage the receivers. What the hell is Butler looking at on tape? SIMPLIFY!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:22 am

For once I think you were too soft Mill. At least in one instance. I just do not get Cockrell. Week after week this stiff gets tooled torched tweaked turfed and renders me traumatized. I see him as being equally unqualified as Blake

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:39 am

What infuriated me the most on D was the completely intentional lack of pressure on 3D. 2d and 10? Bring 5 and cause an early, errant throw. 3d and 10? Fake a rush, send three, and give Oswhiner 8 fucking seconds to find a hole in the zone. You could practically set your watch by it in the 1st half yesterday. Not sure if there was more consistent pressure in the 2d half, as i was forced to surreptitiously watch the latter portion of the game on my phone on my knee under the table at my wife's grandpa's house. Sure seems to be a trend with Butler, though, choosing not to pressure on 3d and long. Maybe I'm imagining it.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:52 am

No - pass pressure was no different in the second half - it was all about the zone. In the first half Brockolli was hitting his first read on our zone a lot of the time - yes he had time to wait for his guy to run the route - and most of that was Sanders who merely ran skinnies between Buttlers stupid vanilla zone

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 am

So the steelers played more man coverage in the 2d half?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Yeah, they were actually allowed to engage the WR's at the line. Also, it didn't hurt that Boykin replaced Blake. Butfucker's schemes suck. Just because he's an unathletic, 1940's looking cartoon, doesn't mean his DB's are. Just let these guys read and react for shit sakes!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:17 pm

isfry wrote:So the steelers played more man coverage in the 2d half?

Oh yeah - BIG Time! It was a completely different scheme - they were in press coverage too

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Seems to me that every time they switch up the secondary and get Boykin in there they are stronger. But remember Tomlin said 2 weeks ago that he was going to evaluate, formulate, regurgitate or something and get some other guys playing in the secondary, however, he was going to allow for players to rebound. What the hell? If they ain't gittin it done they don't play. Why keep holding hands and kum by ya with players that ain't workin? It almost cost the game yesterday. I also believe the Steelers did benefit greatly by so many dropped balls by the Broncos. I saw the bronco WR's do the same in the game last week. Just cannot build up any confidence and feel comfortable with this team and I still think it will be a coaching gaffe that will doom the season.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:13 pm

I may be mistaken, but I think the Steelers clinch a spot if the Jets lose and we beat the shitbirds. Jets play NE by the way who are still looking to wrap up home field.

:subngtowl:

Merry Christmas everyone

:surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:45 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:I may be mistaken, but I think the Steelers clinch a spot if the Jets lose and we beat the shitbirds. Jets play NE by the way who are still looking to wrap up home field.

:subngtowl:

Merry Christmas everyone

:surockin:

I believe you are correct, SCS. It might actually be even if The Steelers somehow lose on Sunday but The Jets do as well, although I'm not sure about that last one.

On paper, The Jets have a tougher last 2 than we do. At home against a NE team still trying to clinch that No. 1 Seed, then on the road against a Buffalo team that plays pretty well at home and has already beaten them. Plus I guarantee you Rex Ryan wants to make sure the team who fired his fat ass doesn't get into the post-season at his expense.

Practice Squad

Postby FuckTomBrady » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:20 pm

What a complete bipolar experience watching that game. I am convinced that Boykin has been in Momlins dog house since an early comment when he arrived and pissed him off. He has the best ball skills and breaks on a play quicker than anyone on this roster. When they played press coverage/man to man in the second half, finally for the love of little baby jesus and all the animals in the manger, the pass rush was able to put pressure on the QB!!

Ok, so by playing man to man and press coverage they were able to contain the receivers who normally run 8-15 yards into our soft secondary turn around and wait for the "wind up and pitch" delivery of Lee Harvey Osweiler and disrupt the timing???!!! The chain reaction was instant, pressure from guys on the line could force pressure and the and a back up QB looked exactly like what we expect--- back up QB!!

If they have the balls to stick to what actually works and not resort back to the Tampa/Tomlin 2, we have a shot at doing something. Someone or something was decided to come out and play a different scheme in the second half, as much as that dickhead of a HC would ever admit......dear to dream if this begins to work....what the hell, its Christmas, why not!!

BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:50 pm

If we could just get a couple good DB's and one more quality DE, this defense has some serious potential in seasons to come; well, as long as the coaching staff doesn't fuck it up. I think it's time to acknowledge that Colbert has done pretty damn well reloading this team. I think the problems in the secondary have more to do with scheme and less to do with talent with the exception of Blake and Bitchell.

:sufootballhelmet:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Commented on here Monday morning. Seems to have disappeared.
Think it is Tomlins D that changed the coverage second half. 1st half, the ghost of dhead LeBeau was there, it is called tackle the catch. Butlerhead can't seem to shake it.
Steelers O broke down two #1 D's in 2 weeks.
Fortywhiners Montana, Rice, and Walsh won with O, Ben has this O playing comparably better. Steelers starting to behave Super, what a great surprise: the second half D. YaaaHooo!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:31 am

Merry Christmas Eve to all my fellow Steeler brothers. I hope none of you have to work today.
:(

Best to you and your families

:cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:04 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:Merry Christmas Eve to all my fellow Steeler brothers. I hope none of you have to work today.
:(

Best to you and your families

:cheers:

Belated Merry Christmas to you as well and Happy New Year to all even though it will be another loooonnnggg off-season.

Return to Stillers Talk