Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Thoughts.....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Thoughts.....

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Fast Willie looked fantastic. The stiff arm on his first TD was beautiful. Woodley and Harrison maybe the best OLB tandem we have had since we switched to the 3-4. Big Ben was 13 of 14 but still holds the ball a little too long. Hines looked trim and lean he's dropped some weight. Nick Eason can play some ball maybe he's why we did not draft a D-lineman. He looked good. Kemo kickyou and Marvel opened up some nice holes on the left side of the line. I think Troy knocked himself silly with that hit on the first play of the game. Anyway he is still flying around like a missile. This team should go deep into the playoffs quite possibly the Super Bowl now that Brady is out.

Practice Squad

Re: Thoughts.....

Postby Still Furnace » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Week 1 Does not a Season Make. At a bare minimum, we didn't pull a Cowher opener, which would have been either a loss or a 18-17 win (all field goals). We beat up on a so-so team with a QB handing out a few interceptions. Granted, you gotta be in the way to catch 'em.

I liked the way we capitalized on their mistakes and only backed off when it was wayyyy in the clear. We passed the first test. Now on to clean up on the Clowns.

Practice Squad

Postby ktm5411 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I expected good things from Woodley but he surpassed my expectations- I'm excited for the potential of this linebacker corps.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Snockered Pedestrian » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:06 pm

From a [i]Houston Chronicle[i]blog:

'Twas the night before Monday
Just after the game
The Texans left town
All battered and lame
They were holding their backs
From the pain as the howled,
"WE JUST GOT RUN OVER
BY THE TERRIBLE TOWEL!!!"