Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:16 am

Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:31 am

Did not see the game due to NFL blackout crap and no available internet streaming. Thanks Mill for the write-up. Quickly my one comment has to do with the absolute childish foolishness following the Gay pick-6. I was able to look at video and it seemed to go on and on and then I saw a coach, I guess, crawling over to meet Gay to continue that crap. What the hell is going on? In a big game, or any game really, a 15-yd. celebration penalty can hurt. They looked like idiots. Anybody else think I am overreacting? Let me know.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:36 am

This is my favorite line of Mill's write-up....

"You have a rookie greenhorn at QB, GayJay McQueerman, and Assler is struggling like a little beeyotch."

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh as per usual.

Hey Six - you're not overreacting. Tomlin is leader of the assclowns and this type of bullshit is going to cost them a W in the near future. Tomlin has already cost this team at least 2 losses this year with his asinine decision-making.

Practice Squad

Postby Scarletfire1970 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 am

That "coach" was Joey Porter. And I thought it was ridiculous and amusing at the same time. If you are going to get a penalty, might as well get your moneys worth. BTW, where was the penalty on the Bungles when AJ Green kicked the ball into the stands? The officiating sucked as usual.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:32 am

"Candy Smallton" :suplusone:

Couple things. One, the rash of injuries that helped us win was in part due to our being the more physical team yesterday, in my opinion.
Two, while I was frustrated with AJ "Montana" McCarron's success, too, as I indicated elsewhere, the fact is that he got one deep bomb to AJ Green for a TD and the other TD was in total garbage time, which I count about as much as the last TD Pitt scored against NE in week 1.

For the most part the defense played well. Held Cincy scoreless in the 1Q, gave up the one splash play to Green in 2Q (which had, of course, the all-too familiar sight of two Steelers' defenders putting their heads down and arms out in a half-assed attempt to make a tackle), held them to a FG in the 3Q then another in the 4Q where Cincy had 1st and goal and ended up settling for 3, then the garbage TD. 3 sacks and 3 INT's. Take away the garbage time and it's 33-13 which is pretty dominant, especially considering the stakes and the venue.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Isfry beat me to Candy Smallton, enjoying a Monday morning laugh at your writeup. This D is truly scary. Blake looks like his arms are glued to his body, dude never uses his arms to tie up offender, if he can't smash them down with a shoulder they waltz into the endzone. This D is scary, another rookie lights up the secondary, little or no pressure.
Oh well, have to hope O can outscore, although history is not on the Steelers side. Just keep repeating 'the forty-whiners did it, the forty-whiners did it'. Munch doing Super Bowl job making everyone on O look good....against a very good D line.
Could anyone imagine that we have a better chance of winning division than a wild card last week. Just need a tiny bit of help from SF or the Cravens.
Chincy Cincy played timidly because they know that Burfict is a f*cking piece of $hit and Nelson belongs in the Hall of Shame with Jack Tatum and Greg Williams. So happy that Steelers played with a serious clean chip on their shoulders for what this cheap shot D did to Mr. Bell. Replays show clearly Burfict trying to bend Bell using his knee as a fulcrum on the back of Bell's leg. The whole NFL should take note....

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Just one last point in defense of the defense. Yes, A.J. Green caught some passes, got some yards, and even put up some points. Yes, he should be have been a concern for the secondary. However, to put it in perspective, he should be a concern for every secondary that plays the Bengals, and yet hje continues to get open and make plays. He is in the top ten in every relevant category, YPG, Yds, TD's, YAC, REC, REC of 20+ yds, REC of 40+ yds, etc. My point is just that it's easy to say they should have covered him. The fact is he's a really good receiver who blows up a lot of secondary squads. Limiting him to one TD is not exactly horrible. Jus sayin...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Wheaton has quietly stepped his play up the past several games. Went from looking like yet another player that is just taking up roster space, to a viable No. 3 WR.(Which is what he's supposed to be to begin with.)

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Steelers76 wrote:Wheaton has quietly stepped his play up the past several games. Went from looking like yet another player that is just taking up roster space, to a viable No. 3 WR.(Which is what he's supposed to be to begin with.)

You said a mouthful; 76. Look at the splits:

In the 10 games before the bye week he had a total of 16 catches for 356 yards and one touchdown.
In the 3 games since the bye week he has also had 16 catches, for 316 yards and 2 TD's.

He definitely appears to be settling into a nice role in the passing game. Some of those numerical differences have to be attributed to BR7 finally being under center for a consistent stretch, but it's nice to see, either way. We have three legit WR's, a great TE, a solid O-line and a great RB. When BR7 is under center and healthy the sky's the limit.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Hey Fellows, Just my thoughts on the game yesterday. I glad we won but a little disappointed we didn't beat them worse.
1) This red zone ineptness is getting old.
2) Ben under throwing those long balls is getting old.
3) Defense missing too many tackles.
4) Celebration penalties are getting old.
5) Love our kicker

I'm getting old

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:00 pm

"When BR7 is under center and healthy the sky's the limit."

;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Since you're getting old, let's give you a first name. We shall call you Gray Ballhair from this day forward.
:yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Should they make the playoffs with outside help, they will be eliminated no later than the second round. Fuck this team with their douchebag coaching staff. Total BABOON FUCKING BUFFOONERY. :x

The league name ought to be changed from the N.F.L. to the 'Noogie Football League' with all of this bullshit celebrating going on. you're being paid to beat your opponents asshole, so quit acting like you just set a record or something. I read Andy Russell's book where he shares my disdain for these idiotic displays, so I know I'm not alone in my opinion.

And oh yeah, by the way, go fuck yourself with your politically correct dildo if you have an issue with what I said.
Last edited by Crucible-steel-kid on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby FuckTomBrady » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Mill, Good Read. A few thoughts to share:

Special teams have stopped the bleeding on the return game. I don't mind an occasional loss after catch if AB is trying to make a play, however at least he is catching the ball and the KO return isn't attempted from the back of the EZ. Sign new kicker to long term deal and send Sashimi or Sushiman on his way. Save some $$

O Line is really coming together, other than Fuckus Gilbert for his Sunday routine of a missed block or 3 penalty quota. They better lock of Villanueva when time allows $$. Wallace is getting better by the week and could also save $$ if they ever decided to part ways with the often injured Pouncey, but that will never happen

The midget and shutdown man #41 needs to get to the nearest mall asap ( See Bad Santa) and put on the elf suit since Christmas is closing faster than Green running by him at full speed. He better hurry because that will hopefully be the best money that little fucker will make for time to come. Once again, Boykin allowed his usual 10 plays and back to the bench.

We have to be the worst defense in stopping 3rd and long conversions in the NFL. For the love of Christmas, blitz these greenhorn QB's and apply pressure. The beloved Bart Starr who is practically bed ridden can complete a 3rd down given the 8 seconds every QB has to throw on our 3rd down defense.

If the offense could ever figure out to call the right plays in the red zone we would score 40 plus weekly

Now to the ghetto celebrating, taunting, late hits, hay maker slaps and punches and unnecessary roughness undisciplined bullshit that has become routine with this team. All I can say is: as these penalties go unmonitored and accepted by the HC, they become accepted as protocol and part of the game. God forbid this team makes it to the playoffs and are in a tight game where one of these asinine penalties ruin a drive, field position, 1st down -take your pick....
and we lose a close one.. Ohh, That's right as Momlin would say " We don't live in our fears"....

BB
Last edited by FuckTomBrady on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:33 pm

SoCal I am LMAO at both of your comments.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:Should they make the playoffs with outside help, they will be eliminated no later than the second round. Fuck this team with their douchebag coaching staff. Total BABOON FUCKING BUFFOONERY. :x

I hate to say it Crucible, but I constantly post here about the weakest link being the coaching and how that will hurt in the long run. Hope I am wrong.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm

Steelerssix wrote:
Crucible-steel-kid wrote:Should they make the playoffs with outside help, they will be eliminated no later than the second round. Fuck this team with their douchebag coaching staff. Total BABOON FUCKING BUFFOONERY. :x

I hate to say it Crucible, but I constantly post here about the weakest link being the coaching and how that will hurt in the long run. Hope I am wrong.

Well steelers6, when is something going to change? Are they going to wait untilBR7's career is over before they realize that their coaching decisions were wrong?

Everything in this league is feast or famine. How long before we get another great QB like Bradshaw or BR7? One day we will ruse the day we talked about this.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Some really spirited talk here tonight. Must have a lot to do with the notion they could make the post-season this year. Lots of folks tired of the lack of any professionalism and discipline. Sort of reminds me of the mayor in Baltimore that told the police to stand down during the riots back in August and she said "give them space to destroy if they want". How did that work out? Not sure, but I doubt one would ever see a coach for the patriots crawling on the sidelines to play patty cake with a player after drawing a 15-yd. penalty. What dolts sometimes.

Return to Stillers Talk