Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Bungles' Secondary

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Bungles' Secondary

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:22 pm

I notice that, at least so far, there are a number of Bengal's secondary players listed on the injury report (Hall, Jones, Iloka, Kirkpatrick, Shaw.)

While Shaw and Kirkpatrick had full participation today, Leon Hall was limited after not practicing at all yesterday and Ms. Pac-Man and Iloka haven't practiced yet this week. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on the health of the corners and safeties over there that we can expect this weekend? I'm starting to drool thinking about how better gelled our O-line is now than week 8, how much healthier Ben is, and how comfortable Williams has become in the offense. Add to that a battered secondary corps and we might see a TON of passing yards.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Bungles' Secondary

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Also, don't forget the biggest difference this time around is Tuitt being on the field. The D is not nearly the same without he or Heyward in the line-up.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:15 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:Also, don't forget the biggest difference this time around is Tuitt being on the field. The D is not nearly the same without he or Heyward in the line-up.

Amen, brother. Amen.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:15 pm

isfry wrote:I notice that, at least so far, there are a number of Bengal's secondary players listed on the injury report (Hall, Jones, Iloka, Kirkpatrick, Shaw.)

While Shaw and Kirkpatrick had full participation today, Leon Hall was limited after not practicing at all yesterday and Ms. Pac-Man and Iloka haven't practiced yet this week. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on the health of the corners and safeties over there that we can expect this weekend? I'm starting to drool thinking about how better gelled our O-line is now than week 8, how much healthier Ben is, and how comfortable Williams has become in the offense. Add to that a battered secondary corps and we might see a TON of passing yards.

I heard Puke-Man Jones was wearing some kind of boot this week? If so, you would think that would mean the criminal wouldn't be playing this week, but who knows?

The one to really look out for in the secondary who seems to be everywhere is Reggie Nelson, and he's playing unfortunately.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Ms. PacMan is listed as "doubtful" today, after not having practiced all week. She will probably not play.
Iloka is listed as "questionable", having limited practice today for the first time all week. Same with Leon Hall.

I guess what jumped out at me is four CB's and their starting SS all somewhere on the injury list. Jones (foot) is likely out, Iloka (groin) and Hall (back) are pretty likely to not play, Kirkpatrick, and Shaw likely playing, but Reggie Nelson really would have to be everywhere to make up for five holes in the secondary, especially the way BR7 is playing right now. I guess they don't play the games on paper, tho, so we'll see...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:13 pm

I figured Tuitt in the line-up would make a big difference, but I did not foresee it working out the way it did.

:sushootem:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:I figured Tuitt in the line-up would make a big difference, but I did not foresee it working out the way it did.

:sushootem:

Totally thought of you when he picked that pass off! Haha. Great play!!!
:subngtowl:

Return to Stillers Talk