Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Jacoby Jones "Demoted" As KR/PR

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Jacoby Jones "Demoted" As KR/PR

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:02 pm

So an updated version of the depth chart shows that Jacoby Jones has been "demoted" to back-up KR and "3rd string punt returner." Markus Wheaton will now handle kick returning duties while Antonio Brown will continue to handle the punt returns. Source; NFL.com

Um, here's an idea; FUCKING RELEASE HIM INSTEAD OF WASTING A ROSTER SPOT?!? Seriously, it's not like this guy does anything else. This is the equivalent if instead of cutting Scobee, they "demoted" him to "2nd string kicker" I swear to Christ this idiot Tomlin thinks he's coaching a high school team.

But this is the kind of stupid fucking shit I can expect from an empty suit of a head coach who puts wanting to be liked by the players above everything else, which explains why Vick is still here as well. Fuck him.

Hall of Famer

Re: Jacoby Jones "Demoted" As KR/PR

Postby isfry » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Ha! I obviously share your outrage, 76, as I had posted the comment below twelve minutes earlier under a new thread entitled "Who knew there was such a thing?"

"So I read on NFL.com that the depth chart now indicates that Wheaton is the kick returner and the backup punt returner behind AB, although it hasn't been reflected on the Steelers site as far as I can see. OK. We'll see how that works out. The more interesting factoid is that Jacoby "UH OH" Jones is apparently listed as the third string kick returner, behind Wheaton and, presumably, Todman. Why the fuck would they even keep him? I mean I was beating the drum to get rid of Archer as much as any, and based solely on what I saw from jones in the past (2-3 years ago) I figured it would be an upgrade. That turned out to not be the case and somebody presciently pointed out on this site last week that Jones was a turnover waiting to happen. Turns out he was two turnovers waiting to happen. Is Tomlin so stuffed with false pride that he can't just cut dead weight? Isn't there some better way to use the 53rd roster spot besides having a THIRD STRING KICK RETURNER WHO CAN'T HANG ON TO THE FOOTBALL AND WILL LIKELY NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN IN HIS CAREER?"

Great minds think alike...

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Jacoby Jones "Demoted" As KR/PR

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:57 pm

isfry wrote:Ha! I obviously share your outrage, 76, as I had posted the comment below twelve minutes earlier under a new thread entitled "Who knew there was such a thing?"

"So I read on NFL.com that the depth chart now indicates that Wheaton is the kick returner and the backup punt returner behind AB, although it hasn't been reflected on the Steelers site as far as I can see. OK. We'll see how that works out. The more interesting factoid is that Jacoby "UH OH" Jones is apparently listed as the third string kick returner, behind Wheaton and, presumably, Todman. Why the fuck would they even keep him? I mean I was beating the drum to get rid of Archer as much as any, and based solely on what I saw from jones in the past (2-3 years ago) I figured it would be an upgrade. That turned out to not be the case and somebody presciently pointed out on this site last week that Jones was a turnover waiting to happen. Turns out he was two turnovers waiting to happen. Is Tomlin so stuffed with false pride that he can't just cut dead weight? Isn't there some better way to use the 53rd roster spot besides having a THIRD STRING KICK RETURNER WHO CAN'T HANG ON TO THE FOOTBALL AND WILL LIKELY NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN IN HIS CAREER?"

Great minds think alike...

Yeah, and apparently at the exact same time too. Lol.

This just reinforces my thread of a few weeks ago about players taking up valuable roster spaces. Tomlin is just gutless when it comes to dealing with the players, so this is the type of shit we have to deal with. :supissed:

Return to Stillers Talk