Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Dolts Postgame remarks

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Dolts Postgame remarks

Postby StillMill » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:26 am

Stillers-Dolts Postgame remarks has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Dolts Postgame remarks

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:32 am

Bryant can sure stretch the defense and can run after catch... but man those hands are sometimes stone like. The ball just clanks off them about every fourth pass attempt. He definitely got Benji pissed at him at the drop in the end zone. That cutesy stuff in the redzone or really anywhere on the field is infuriating.. Doesn't seem to work too much does it? The trick pass against New England... the fake field goal against the Seahawks... both plays that killed momentum...

A good win all in all, but let's see about the road.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:50 am

At some point in the 2nd half DAW34 came to the sideline for a much-needed breather and was greeted by an exuberant Tomlin with the usual coach's pat on the head, pound on the shoulder pad, etc.

Tomlin could be seen pointing to Williams while talking to the other players around him, no doubt saying 'this is a tough football player here!' etc.

As Mill and others have pointed out, if Tomlin thinks so highly of Williams why was Williams' playing time so meager until Bell's injury?

Tomlin often seems to be the worst bandwagon-jumper in the stadium when it's his job to see talent in camp, on the roster, in practice etc. well in advance of the game. The Colts have a horseshoe logo and an actual player named Luck but Tomlin has been very lucky himself with subs making him look good.

God help me, Spaeth is so useless I couldn't help but watch him for more examples of his uselessness, including his total whiffs on numerous blocks. What must his position coach think and isn't it incumbent upon the coach to tell Tomlin that Spaeth is grading out to a big fat F? Who cares if he's 6 ft 8 or whatever?

It's a shame that Mill didn't mention the D Line in his understandably short rundown, because Heyward in particular was a beast, highlighted by Heyward running downfield to catch the Colts RB who caught a pass and after Heyward's teammates failed miserably to tackle.

Whisper it: Villanueva reminded me of Anthony Munoz, controlling the edge by using his long reach to frustrate the bull rush and to simply push loop rushers far away from the pocket.
Last edited by relictele on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:13 am

First of all, this quote made me smile this morning....
"The Colts have a horseshoe logo and an actual player named Luck but Tomlin has been very lucky himself with subs making him look good."

Thanks for that.

I thought it was a very entertaining game.

It is unbelievably refreshing to see Villanueva have the success he is having. It makes me a lot more proud to be a fan of this team than when Prick was behind center; not to mention we may have found a guy to protect the blind side until Ben retires and beyond.

Be cool all. Treat each other well and have a great day.

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:19 am

-Highly doubt Tomlin will ever admit he was wrong about anything, including A.) Bringing in a past his prime lowlife Vick to back-up BR7. B.) Cutting Archer then actually signing a player worse to replace him.(I said when Jacoby Jack-Off was claimed off waivers from SD there was a reason the horrid Chargers released him, and now we are all seeing why.) The fact he thought Justin Brown was a better WR than Martavis Bryant for 6 weeks last season, etc.

-Speaking of Bryant, if you can actually be a mix of Plaxico Burress and Limas Sweed all at once, that is Martavis. At times he looks like he can dominate, and other times he looks like he doesn't belong in the league. Thankfully it's been more of the former than the latter.

-Whether it was against the Colts or whatever The D looked really good, and not just because they only gave up 10 points. Tackling was eons better than it has been in weeks, save for 1 or 2 plays. The lone Colts TD enraged me too, as they knew Indy had a ravaged OL so they....send 3 rushers and give the 88 year old Hasslejack 5 minutes to throw the ball?!? I blame that more on Butler for scheme call than The actual defense, though.

-Finally, who the hell was that RB that spelled Williams with a several carries? The announcers said he was called up from the practice squad. O,K., then what the hell is Todman and/or Pead still doing on the roster?? Oh, I forgot; Tomlin loves to waste roster space like the President and Congress love to waste the peoples money.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Good morning, gang. Nice to wake up on Monday without having had nightmares reviewing the mishaps of our football team from the prior Sunday.

Couple of things. First, unlike Mill and some others, I'm not so sure it's a road vs. home difference. That would almost be more understandable. Yes, we are 5-2 at home and 2-3 on the road, but what's more frustrating to me is that you never know what team is going to show up, regardless of the stadium. If you think it's a road/home distinction, consider this: we lost to the Ratbirds and the Bungles at home, and scored a total of 30 points in those two games combined: we have put up 30 or more in EACH of the last four games. The three road losses were to NE, Seattle, and KC: the two teams from last years SB and three of the toughest hostile environments to travel to, football-wise.

Secondly, 76, on November 27th Toussant was added to the active roster from the practice squad and Pead was cut. I'm sure there was something brilliant that Tomlin saw in practice that made him change the roster...

Lastly, jeez if the missed field goals didn't seem huge back in the week 4 loss, look at 'em now. One shitty loss to a shitty team (at home no less) is the difference between being the 5 seed and being on the outside looking in. We now need to win out and have the Jets or Chiefs lose at least one. The Jets look like they have a couple games they could lose, but so do we.

As I said above, road or home, I am more concerned with the coaching and preparation that is required to show up every weekend. The push for the playoffs starts in earnest this Sunday when we get a chance to expose the Bungles. Here's hoping the team we saw last night is the team that gets off the plane...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:09 pm

You are never going to find cliche sports metaphors here...thanks god. A win always makes reading you guys comments more entertaining.
Ben is throwing with accuracy like Joe Montana, only 10 yards further down the field. Which is testament to the great job the Munch is doing. Even the shehogs were not able to put huge pressure on BR7. Ben also spreading the ball around keeping everybody in it. Very difficult for next D to prepare. James proving to be adequate as heir apparent to Heath.
Dline needs one player to create matchup nightmares and unfortunately it isn't Cam Heyward. Could see 3 man Dline with Dupree and Shazaam lining up anywhere and Timmons and VW acting as traditional linebackers. Hoping we see a lot more of VW and Boykin. That is one of the aims of the season: to try different lineups and see what kind of hammer tools you have.
if Ben can stay uninjured this Steeler team can beat anybody, it would help if D contributed a little more than they did against Shehogs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks for that, Isfry. Yeah, I just read that Pead the bed was waived over a week ago. Jacoby Jones better be next. And speaking of which, I love the fact that after he fumbled the punt that we ended up getting back in the 2nd quarter, Tomlin could be seen yelling at special teams coach Danny Smith. Um, YOU ARE THE HEAD COACH. You're the one who was still speaking glowingly of yet another past his prime has-been,(that being J.J.), as recently as last week. I know you tend to forget sometimes, what with you being more concerned with being these players fucking best friend that their H.C., but the fact he is/was still part of the team is YOUR call. Find your balls again, cause you clearly lost them.

Yeah, I too couldn't help but think back to that fucking loss to the Rat-shits over 2 months ago. Had they won that one, they would be 8-4 overall, and 5-3 in The AFC. In prime position for a W.C. berth instead of having to be in position to have to win every remaining game, or at least 3 of the 4, to make it in. Piece of shit Scobee!

If you want a sign to how well The Offense has been performing, here it is; 4 punts in the last 3 games. :suplusone:

Practice Squad

Postby FuckTomBrady » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Good abbreviated read Mill as you are on the road. What pisses me off (and I know I am not the only one) is that this team has talent in most facets, however it all goes back to coaching. The dog shit decision from the HC, OC, DC and special teams COACHING has lead to 2-3 losses that may have been avoided. After listening to the jaggoff who decided to talk in prime time to talk to the nation about terror last night, I am convinced Momlin knows about as much about football as Obama knows about ISIS.

Game Notes: Great to see Boykin play and get a pick. Well deserved. Hopefully he sees more PT prior to his free agency departure at the end of the season. Mark my words, this will be just like the handling of Kennan Lewis.

Colts are 3rd and goal from the 15 yard line and Butler rushes 3 and gives Asslecrack 15 seconds to make a throw...what a joke. We were getting pressure all night and he rushes 3....

Great to see #92 have a good game. Heward is unreal, Tuitt was a bit quiet, Blake looked like one of my players I am forced to play on my sons pee wee team. Factoid: They are the same size, maybe I can trade for him? Calling Colbert now.

BB

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Was just looking over the tie breaking procedures and it appears it wouldn't be as hard as I thought to catch the Jets. The first tie breaker is conference record. If we even go 3-1 over the last four and so do the jets, but one of their losses is to an AFC team (probably either the bills or pats, cuz tennessee don't look likely) then we both finish at 10-6, each with a conference record of 7-5. The next tiebreaker is record in common games (Browns, Pats, Raiders, Colts) and we (assuming we beat the brownies in week 17) would be 4-1 in those five games, while the jets have already lost two of those (Pats and Raiders), so even if they beat the patsies in week 16, they would be at best 3-2 against those common opponents.

Thus, it seems that 11-5 gets us the WC without a question, as we would be 8-4 in the AFC. By my math, even if the Jets win out, too, and get to 8-4 in the AFC we win the tiebreaker of common opponents.

10-6 probably does it, too, as long as the Jets lose one and its to an AFC opponent.

Problem is it gets complicated when more than one team is involved (KC, Jets, Pitt, e.g.) KC has the head to head against us and a better conference record than Pitt or the Jets can likely get. I'm not sure but I think that KC just gets the 5 seed and we fight the Jets for the tiebreaker for the 6 seed. I think...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:24 pm

This team is not ready for Prime Time. :no:

Until the issues get fixed with this team I will not pretend as if we have a legitimate shot at winning another championship. If we back into this game like happened against GB, we will lose.

The Bus's final year this team was hell bent on getting to the SB, not so much this go around. I will be glad to see our squad go for the experience of being in a SB for no other reason than to watch them fuck it all up and throw it away like they have all season with sub par teams.

I will reserve my excitement until then. Maybe next year, who knows.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 pm

You know Crucible I tend to agree with you. And it is apparent to me that Tomlin has no control in terms of discipline over some of the antics from this team and AB in particular. Not to belabor the point, however, I couldn't stay up to watch the game last night, but after watching the asinine move by AB after the punt/TD I believe that if I was the owner paying this guy all that money he would be hearing directly from me and then I would dock the HC some pay for being ineffective. Don't give a damn how good a player is, when he starts acting as if he is sniffing the glue a bit too much before game time he should go.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:30 am

I wish I could take more from this game besides Jacoby sucks, and the Colts suck worse. Overall, both teams are who we thought they were, and there's really nothing else.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

In other news, the Colts were just demoted to third string contenders in the AFC South...

Return to Stillers Talk