Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Seahawks Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Seahawks Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Hey SoCal. No way to know what you are going through, but the best I can do is pray your stepson is well. World coming apart at the seams. Football not so important when events like this rear their ugly head, which is increasing it seems. Keep us posted.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:01 am

Steelers76 wrote:So exactly what are you saying? That things are going so swimmingly in the secondary that they shouldn't at least TRY Boykin out?? If he doesn't do any better, so what?? What have you really lost?? It's not like he's replacing Revis out there.

No, I don't think things are going swimmingly, where in fact it's far from that. What I am saying, is I don't see Blake as being as big of an issue as a lot of people (and some statistical websites) are making him out to be. From what I am seeing, everyone in the secondary is getting victimized just as much, if not more, than Blake, but the guy they're fixating all their bile on is Blake. On one Steeler fan site in particular (not this one), some people were so busy bitching about Blake allowing a TD, which will happen to any CB from time to time, they didn't even bother to notice that the CB that allowed the TD was #31 Cockrell, and not #41 Blake. So really, I perceive Blake to be singled out by too many people, when we have failure after failure all over the place. In fact, I see him having to shift over and lend support to other DBs who have botched their assignments. So, when he has to take a shit angle at a guy he wasn't supposed to be covering, who is now running downfield with a head of steam and potential blockers, he could miss the tackle. And when he does, is it the guy who allowed the catch in the first place that gets bitched about, or gets docked some imaginary points by PFF? No, it's Blake that gets all the criticism, and he might be better off just running out of camera shot so everyone fixates on the only visible player.

I'm seeing the same bitching whining and moaning about Blake that I'd seen for years about Ike Taylor, and I'd say it's a major trend for every NFL fanbase to throw their star CB under the bus on a regular basis. Many might reference my previous complaints about Cortez Allen as hypocrisy based on my defense of Blake, but I'm standing by my comments about him......he got as regularly burned as a CB can be I'm afraid.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 am

Thanks six. He was able to get out of there not long after I posted. It's so incredibly sad what's going on in the world right now and it's frustrating to think what this world will be like when my kids are my age. I want to do something to change it but feel powerless to do so.

Go Steelers.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Hope your stepson is OK, SoCal. Glad the assholes who shot the place up got theirs. Just like the Stillers are gonna give it to the Dolts tomorrow!

Go Steelers.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:58 am

Just as I've maintained all along. Just great in the boardroom, but a pussy dumbass whimp when it comes to the action during the game on the field.[/quote]

You forgot how T celebrated on the 2pt conversion. This guy celebrates dopey tiny victories while his secondary plan is getting scorched by a terrible Oline and mediocre qb.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk