Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » big ben all pro, mvp year?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

big ben all pro, mvp year?

Postby darthsteel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Ben looks alot more comfortable then all of his previous season durring the preaseason and game 1 yesterday. To me he looks like a 5 yr vet that has total control of every aspect of the game or very close to it.

He now has a multiple yr rapport with ward, miller and holmes similar to manning with clark,harrison, wayne.

Brady gone, ends his manopoly.

Manning and harrison both look like they were starting to take a step back last season and it really looked like that mite be the case last night.The colts o line looks like its gonna have alot of trouble without saturday playing center(the replacement reminded me of mahan last night getting pushed back into manning on multiple occasions)

manning will have a solid stats season similar to last yr,but nothing like his record type seasons whether its do to the oline, harrison, manning himself taking a slight step back or a combination of them all.

Farve will throw quite of few ints when its all said and done and just has to many obstacles to over come to put up all pro numbers. I think rivers and farve will be your battle for the 3rd probowl spot.

romo will be the biggest challenge since that offense is geared to put up huge numbers , but romo throws alot of ints.

mcnabb does not have the weapons over the long haul.

I think ben has a good oppurtunity to really push his name up there on a national level by going out and grabbing that all pro spot and starting afc probowl selection(plus a big playoff run). Him getting through 16 games is the biggest concern to me.

Im sensing similar stats to last season with a few less ints and a passer rating in the 115 range when all said and done.

Stillers.com Team

Re: big ben all pro, mvp year?

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:51 pm

If Ben has an All-Pro/MVP year it would mean the Steelers win a lot of games and that Ben stayed healthy.

I care about wins and his health, not All Pro or MVP's.

Wins can bring awards. But thinking about individual recognition and MVP's after Game 1 is a waste of time and represents cart-before-horse type of thinking.

Focus on the next game and having the team and players stay as far "under the radar" as possible, I say.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Nel wrote:If Ben has an All-Pro/MVP year it would mean the Steelers win a lot of games and that Ben stayed healthy.

I care about wins and his health, not All Pro or MVP's.

Wins can bring awards. But thinking about individual recognition and MVP's after Game 1 is a waste of time and represents cart-before-horse type of thinking.

Focus on the next game and having the team and players stay as far "under the radar" as possible, I say.

Its part of the fun of being and nfl fan!
if I am a player or coach in the locker room I dont think of this , but as a fan sitting in front of my tv set and talking smack with my friends each week it becomes all part of the joy.

wodley or harrison winning the sack title ect... its all part of the fun!

winning comes first , but I enjoy talking stats and award stuff also...

loosen up and enjoy , lol!

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:08 pm

loosen up and enjoy , lol!

I suppose I am too old and crotchety, so thanks for the advice.

But I won't delve too deeply into fantasy thinking, though.

:surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:36 am

I agree with the o.p. on every point except one.

DONOVAN MCNABB is a baller. WHEN HEALTHY he can destroy opposing teams. he played this game WITHOUT his top two wideouts and frigging annihilated a rams team that is supposed to do well this year. last year they had something like 12 starters put on IR ...i think...

long story short mcnabb has only ever floundered while playing injured ...badly injured ....and hes done that many years. hes a baller stud and reminds me VERY MUCH of BIG BEN.

both roll out...both will run for the first down...both are HARD to bring down ...and both are game changers all by themself.

Return to Stillers Talk