Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Food for Thought

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Food for Thought

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Amidst all the hype surrounding the Cheats and their "Tom Brady Doesn't Need to Cheat" Tour, I began wondering how improbable their 9-0 record actually is and I looked up some stats that put it in perspective for me. As the Super Bowl Chumps, the Pastsies should have a hard road to repeat, right? Let's see:

The Patsies have the 22nd toughest 2015 schedule (or, more aptly, the 11th easiest) according to CBS.com with a combined .477 average of its opponents' records from last year. Contrast that to the Seahawks, who lost the SB last year, who have the 4th toughest schedule at .559.

The nine teams the Cheats have beaten thus far this year had a combined record last year of 68-76 (.472%). Only four of those nine teams actually even had winning records last year, with four losers and an 8-8 push. Not exactly the gauntlet.

Add to that the fact that two of those winning teams who contributed to last year's records (the Dolts and Cowgirls) are in the TOILET this year and have not lived up anywhere near the expectations, and you see why the records of the nine teams they have beaten this year are thus far even worse, a combined 41-48 (.461%) with only two of those nine teams having winning records at this point this year, with four losing records and three 5-5 pushes.

In case you were wondering, the Steelers (surprise surprise) have the toughest 2015 schedule, with a .579 average of its opponents from last year. However, the 2015 records of the 10 teams the Steelers have faced thus far this year is only a combined 48-51 (.489), with losses to the lowly Rats and Queefs, so the Stillers aren't doing themselves any favors, either.

While the Pats don't seem to have many bumps left in the regular season road ahead of them, I am not convinced that they are a shoo-in for Santa Clara. The Steelers, on the other hand, appear to be surging and actually have a crack at the North, if they play their cards right.

Just tryin to keep busy on a bye week...

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Food for Thought

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:55 am

I always like your optimism. Actually, I like both the positivism and the negativity of this site. Too bad there are so many thin-skinned kool-aid drinkers that complain about it.
Anyway, I have thoroughly enjoyed this season so far, especially since I have learned to change my attitude about it and not get so pissed off when we lose. It sure is fun to come here and rant and hear the rants of others.
:surockin:

Return to Stillers Talk