Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Wastes Of Roster Spaces; 2015

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Wastes Of Roster Spaces; 2015

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Usually I make this thread every year, and now is just as good a time as any with The Steelers having a bye this week. What players currently on the active roster do you think are worthless and just taking up space? Here is my list;

-Michael Vick QB; Only reason I can figure he hasn't been released yet is good buddy Tomlin wants to see him collect a paycheck for the next few months for standing on the sidelines.

-Jacoby Jones KR/PR; I thought we couldn't do worse than Dri Archer. I was wrong. Whatever magic this guy had for The Ravens is long gone.

-Matt Spaeth TE; Jesse James has done more at the position in 2 games than this guy has done in his entire career.

-Cam Thomas NT; As Mill says, "Waddles his fat ass to and fro doing little to nothing." You can rubber stamp that statement for every game he's played as a Steeler.

-Brandon Boykin CB; To be fair I don't think this guy is a waste of a roster spot, but why did you trade for a draft pick on him if you're never going to use him?!? Returned kickoffs in his first 2 seasons with Philly avg. just under 24 yards per return. Think it might've been smarter to have him return kickoffs and punts instead of just rotting the bench??

-Isaiah Pead RB; Was signed for "depth" after Bell went down, then has promptly been deactivated for (I believe) every game since. Yeah, because they couldn't have accomplished the same thing signing someone to the practice squad instead. If you're down to using your 4th RB, it's a lost cause anyways.

*Well, those are my picks. Agree, disagree, or have any you think I missed? Discuss! :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Re: Wastes Of Roster Spaces; 2015

Postby isfry » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:08 am

Marcus Wheaton. (Does nothing. Would rather see Coates get a shot.)
Will Johnson. (Nix has already proven to be far more capable.)

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Wastes Of Roster Spaces; 2015

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Good choices, Isfry.

I was actually going to list Will Johnson but forgot. Do we really need 2 FBs for a position that is rarely used to begin with, and often will see a TE or OL in the backfield instead??

Return to Stillers Talk