Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » WHY...?!?!?!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers

TOMLIN WILL BE GONE:

AFTER NEXT SEASON
No votes
5 MORE YEARS OF THIS SHIT
50%
5-10 YEARS
No votes
RESIGN ON HIS OWN
50%

Total votes : 4
Grizzled Veteran

WHY...?!?!?!

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:43 pm

I thought that it was overdue time to illustrate just why the Stillers are destined to suck for the unforseeable future with Mike Tomlin as H.C. This was addressed by Still Mill in his Grade Report relating to how this team comes out unfocused and unprepared in the first quarter to the final gun. So... the question that is begging to be answered is WHY?????

• A total lack of clock and game management ability. As we have all witnessed over the last few seasons, the 2 minute drill and the lack of urgency displayed for all to scratch their collective heads over. I could understand this if this was a rookie coach, but this is now common practice. WHY….
• Piss poor draft choices. We all recognize that there is a quantum leap from college to the pros. Many draft picks that go early are not as valuable as they would appear to be as talent is groomed in the N.F.L. Having stated this, the draft choices are still not addressing needs and concerns that this organization has. This is from the H.C. clearly not knowing what he is doing. I watched the E.S.P.N. special about Jimmy Johnson and his decision to cut ties with Herschel Walker. The way they advanced their draft picks and cut deadwood put together a team that would take Dallas to 2 or 3 more S.B.’s. This is a direct result of management making the tough calls and not pursuing talent that is not in the direct interest of the team, which is what we are lacking here with Tomlin. WHY….
• A lack of game planning on every level. Looking back at last year’s S.B., I cannot see the gutsy call being made to defense against the pass on the goal line. AsK yourselves honestly: Had that been the Stillers D out there, would the result have been the same? For all the shit, controversy and drama that Bellicheck creates in New England – you have to admit that whether it was a very alert linebacker or a coaches decision to defense against the pass on that play Tomlin would not have been able to make that call – PERIOD. WHY….
• Not eliminating sub par teams early in the game and showing a dominance at half time. Looking back over the years, we can all recognize when the Stillers owned opponents at home, creating early leads at halftime or keeping the score close going into the 3rd quarter. This has not been the case at Heinz Field for years now. WHY….
• A lack of discipline as stated by other posters in other threads. W.T.F. is this guy here to accomplish? Is it any wonder why this team is destined to be a .500 team and not win a S.B. in the near future. Backing into the playoffs and stumbling into the S.B. as happened versus Green Bay is not the way to win a S.B. This team is not hungry and it starts from the most important Management position in the Franchise. One that is now occupied by a poster child for the politically correct police and the E.E.O.C. These guys need Idi Amin Dada, not a buddy as their leader. Once the Jeanie is out of the bottle, there is no going back. Does anyone on this team realize this? WHY….

Grizzled Veteran

Re: WHY...?!?!?!

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:01 am

I agree with most of what you said there kid, except for the drafting part. While it is not as great as it once was, it is still above average when compared to the rest of the league. Sure there have been some busts recently, but there are not too many teams that can boast the consistency this franchise has displayed. Even while "rebuilding" this team does no worse than 8-8. Suddenly, the Stillers have got a lot younger and have been steadily improving, especially on D. A good indicator for draft success (excluding wins and losses) is how many players on the roster were home grown and not free agents. The Packers roster, for example, is almost all players they picked while the Redskins is comprised of a shit ton of free agents. The Steelers are more like the Fudgies than the Skins. Also, I think the majority of the draft decision-making goes to Colbert and his crew, especially at the beginning of Tomlin's tenure.

Be safe, be aware, be a man

:cheers:

Return to Stillers Talk