Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Raidas Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Raidas Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:13 am

Stillers-Raidas Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Raidas Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 am

DB

Will Allen – missed another game with injury.

Mitchell – had a solid FF, but then, with a LIVE football just lying on the grass a few feet away, Bitchell goes and preens & struts, like a damned fool. Could have had a key fumble recovery, but stupidly was OOB just prior (who knows why??), and the recovery was nullified. Or, with like 4 other Stillers in the immediate area, he could have simply allowed someone else to recover the pig. Once again was NOWHERE to be found on deep completions. C

Gay - adequate game. Blake – mostly played like a feeble, bumbling pansie. C

Golden – started in place of W. Allen. Not doing enough to stop mid and deep passes. C
- See more at: http://stillers.com/Article/View/1ba7ab ... QwgCM.dpuf

This is what I was talking about. W. Allen played the game. Golden had few snaps...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:35 am

I posted this is the game thread, but it is worth repeating....

No one in the entire history of the NFL pisses away more big 4th quarter leads than Michael Pettaway Tomlin!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Having watched more Raider games than I'm willing to admit, I will tell you that they are no joke. They have IMO the best young QB in the league (sorry MR Luck) and their O-line is huge and is one of the best in the league as well. The Stiller's secondary had to spend a lot of time in coverage due to the lack of pressure and even when they blitzed they were picked up for the most part. Hopefully Tuitt will be 100% next week because it showed he wasn't today. They will need Tuitt and Heyward at their best when they face teams with a stout O-line such as Oakland.
On another note, Bitchell sucks and I can't stand to watch his stupid antics after every tackle - whether he made it or not. Tomlin needs to instill some discipline into some of these clowns who are too consumed with their 5 seconds of TV fame instead of the ball rolling around on the turf.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:46 pm

When Del Rio was at the Jagoffs, Steeler games vs them were very physical. DelRio knows the game starts on the LoS. His Oline DOMINATED Steelers Dline. Fortunately Munch punched him back. Steeler Oline dominated Jags for almost 600 yds.
Jones needs to understand that AB is a weapon: Always know where he is on the field. Steelers seem to have found the same rub routes that the Patriots employ and that was Wheatons very valuable contribution. He was a large part of ABs success. Don't really want to pound Shazaam Shazier, but he is terrible against a physical team (ie all AFC North) like the Raidas. The Butler better get VW some snaps. And he needs to get rid of the LeBeau speed team of Spence, Jones, and Shazaam, quickly. Old over the hill Steeler fans yearn for the return to physicality....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Bud Dupree needs to start playing more. Has had 4 QB sacks already despite minimal field time, and he partly blocked that Raiders punt in this game. No reason Spence or Jones should be getting more P.T. than him.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Ohio wrote:DB

This is what I was talking about. W. Allen played the game. Golden had few snaps...

Crikers. My bad. My seats were literally in the 500 level. I've made the changes. Allen obviously had an uninspiring game at Safety. All the while, Sharko Thomas -- whom the team traded UP to draft -- continues to rot the bench.

Also, I agree with S76 on Dupree. He's getting too much bench time for a guy who produces 10 times more than JarStiff Jones.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks, Mill. Hope you enjoyed the game. A few comments:
I totally agree on Williams blocking ability. He absolutely decleated Aldon Smith on what would have been a TD if Wheaton had any hands.
Nix, too, I agree, is blocking like a man. He and DeCastro did a killer job on one off tackle left run that went for thirty. No holds, no bullshit, just man up blocking assignments. Nice to see.
Wheaton is a waste of roster space. I'd rather see Coates get a chance to show what he's got than see pinkie out there.
I, too, was enraged by Timmons (no offense to him) covering Crabtree twenty five yards down field in a one score game. STUPID.

The roughing call on Shazier was BULLSHIT. It convinced me that the refs wanted the 5 point spread covered. The fifth provision of Rule 12, Section 2, Article 12 (roughing the passer) says that: "A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him." Shazier's hit was mid thigh and might have slid down to lower thigh area as the two went down. There was no knee involved. Period. Terrible call at any time, but to convert a failed third down into an automatic first in a one score game in the fourth is conspiracy. Bullshit.

Blake, I agree, looks lost on coverage half the time. He had close coverage on a WR in the corner on one late play and just STOPPED to turn around and find the ball. Thankfully, the WR couldn't tap the second foot, but he looked like he totally gave up on the play.

I disagree with your assessment of Oaktown, tho. As SoCal pointed out in another thread, the Raiders are actually legit for the first time in a while. This was no cake walk for the D, who often got put in bad field position by stupid mistakes by the offense or the special teams or the zebras, in my opinion.

Lastly, as I pointed out elsewhere, is the illegal kick out of bounds of a live fumble by the Raiders. If recovered by Pitt, it's our ball on the like the Oakland 20. As it turned out, fourth down for them and they got to punt it away.
Rule 12, Section 4, Article 2 states: "No player may deliberately kick a loose ball or a ball that is in a player’s possession."
The penalty is supposed to be ten yards and loss of down, which would have had the Raiders punting from the back line of their EZ. I am not quite as infuriated by the refs missing the call (even though it became a point of emphasis after the Seattle game earlier this year) as I am by Tomlin's deer-in-the-headlights stare afterwards. It was shown on the replay. It was probably shown on the big screen. Make a fucking call, Momlin!

Return to Stillers Talk