Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » For whom the Bell tolls

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

For whom the Bell tolls

Postby PalmerSucks » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:51 pm

For whom the Bell tolls has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: For whom the Bell tolls

Postby isfry » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Nice wrap, Palmer. I, too, have hope that the offense can show back up, and am not unconvinced of that by the predictable turd BR7 laid on his 1st day back to the office. I also think having Williams, plus having had him as our starting back for the first two weeks, puts us in a way better position to survive without Bell than we were in last year. Plus, as you point out, our defense this year is markedly better than last year's squad.

Also, as you alluded to, the Pats, Bungholes and Donkeys are likely the top three seeds, barring some major dropoff. Add one of the shitstains from the AFC South and you've got your division winners, in all likelihood. Thus, as it stands right now the Jets, Raiders, and Steelers are three teams vying for the two WC's. I (naively) look for the Steelers to go on a run and get to the playoffs where they can be very dangerous. I also agree that it has to start this Sunday. I said elsewhere before the Cincy game that it was a must win. This time I really mean it...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Apparently, Haley was the only one who could see Bell's potential. Same knee injured twice could be as devastating as Spence' injury. Steeler fans may need to rely on Haley finding another needle in a haystack.
I do remember your post on Josh Harris. Seemed though, that the loss of Bell last year rattled Ben more than anybody which might explain his play against the Bentgals in the 4th qtr last Sunday.
Haley likes the back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, especially after a chip block. And, if Todman or Peah can run, great.
It is laughable, peoples expectations about the Steeler season, and how it actually turns out. Steeler D has really matured well. The Butler has mixed and matched and found some ways to get the best out of his players. He is assembling some impressive weapons. Great Ds start with great lines. Heyward, Tuitt, Mac, Mac. Dupree is going to be Bada$$, Timmons' toe needs to heal, thought that he moved better last game than he has all season. If the Steelers are going to make it to the SB, they will do it the old fashioned way...with D. And there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:44 am

Super Bowl? Are you kidding me? Super Bowl? Well now... that would have to go through New England. Of course, if Brady goes down, then ok. The AFC is up for grabs. No one left cannot be beaten by the Steelers...but what is that record against the Patriots in the Brady era? Checker playing Mike is going to beat Grand Chess Master Bill in Foxborough? Right...

The other thing, is that relying on Ben... Now don't get me wrong, Ben is an elite QB... but he is not consistent enough over his career to give you hope that he is going to carry the team by elevating the passing offense to New England like levels.

The fuked up thing though, is that the Super Bowl is there for the taking this year...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Always easy to respond after the fact, but after today's win against the Raiders it all looks like crap now - unless Ben's injury is not severe. Before seeing that today and reading the excellent points made on this post I was halfway believing they could still make a run with the way Williams was chugging today and the incredible performance by AB. That said I have no confidence at all in Tomlin as he continues to make the same mistakes repeatedly and he cannot match wits with Belichick and you know that is the road barring disaster for the Pats. Back to Tomlin. He did it again today going for it on 4th instead of giving Boswell a shot. What the hell you might as well find out if he can hit from beyond the 50 now. And just like last week they failed to convert. I never see Tomlin giving the refs any crap after questionable calls. I am not saying he should go nuts all the time, but how about some emotion and keeping them honest? And once again we see Timmons trying to cover a WR that went bad and if not for the late FG they might not win. Of course if you kick the 52 yarder earlier as mentioned it doesn't matter. So I still maintain that your talent is busy enough trying to beat the other team and shouldn't have to overcome poor decisions. It was a big win with the Raiders in contention for what looked like a WC spot and now the Steelers facing the Browns next week at Heinz. Maybe still some hope. Have to wait and see on Ben.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Early word on Ben is two to three weeks. Best bet he's back after the bye. Speaking of Tomlin being asleep at the switch when the refs are conspiring to cover the point spread, did anyone else see that Raider player CLEARLY punt the fumble out of bounds in the first quarter so Pitt couldn't recover it? After all the hoopla about the illegal batting play earlier this year, you'd think that was a flag, or a reviewable play, or at least a conversation a coach with a pulse has with the zebras. Tomlin? Nope.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:31 am

The time out before the game winning field goal was kind of odd too in terms of game management. I don't get the point of that...Ice your own kicker?

Seeing the performance of the defense today against a young QB... Super Bowl? That defense is going to stop Brady?? Plus the Steeler offense will sputter, fuck up, jump offside, hold, etc to blow enough drives to lose...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:20 am

Very honest. I Love you guys... But it is due to posts like this one that I no longer follow this site. It is very clear that Williams is a superior RB than Bell. What Bell brings to the table is his WR skills. But if you are just looking for a RB you saw it yesterday. For all the San Diego TD of Palmer Sucks it remains to be seen how much was self inflicted from the dancing. That is basically the problem. Bell dances. It might create a yard or two. But for sure it erases any possibility of a long run. If you just hit the hole, as Williams did, you might have a 20 30 or even longer gain.
Also, for all the wonderful numbers and plays of Brown, we have 4 or even 5 WRs. Losing Brown wouldn t be a big deal. We still would have Heath, Bryant, Wheaton, Heyward Bey, Coates.

This team cannot afford to lose Ben, Heyward and Golden. Yes. Golden. Yesterday the coaching staff played Allen. Who is directly responsible for 2 TDs at least. Make no mistake> With Golden we were not allowing more than 16 points. Allen in... And you know what happened...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:17 am

Ohio, I love this site as well and partly due to the diverse opinions presented here. That being said I recall many occasions when Mill has done his write-up that he gives Bell the moniker "Stutter Bell" and precisely for the reason you state. To that end I agree with your comment about Bell and was pleased to see Williams chugging yesterday as I mentioned in a separate thread. I do not agree with your comment about losing Brown and not just based on his out of this world performance yesterday. Heyward-Bey I think we could do without, but it seems only lately has Haley re-discovered the TE position. Bryant is also good, but jury still out on Coates as we haven't seen him much. Watching the corners give large cushions to opposing WR's is troubling. Where is Boykin and how about some PT for Thomas as he seems to be around the ball on special teams and made a great stop yesterday against the Raiders on a punt? I know I keep harping on Tomlin, but given the talent it would help to have better coaching. Hope you keep following this site.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:52 am

"Very honest. I Love you guys... But it is due to posts like this one that I no longer follow this site."

Really dude? So let me try and get this straight. You no longer follow this site because the opinion differs from yours but here you are posting?

:?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:07 am

I am following steelers depot a lot.

Give it a look.
Real analysis. Datas, gifs. They say something. They show you why.

Mills puts names of people that are not even playing from time to time.

Let me get you this straight> Mill talked about Archer. They moved on to Jones. Now somebody might blame Jones. Or maybe, just mabye, you might realize that the problem is the blocking in front of the guy. Nobody does it alone.

To make things clear > Brown is not so important because the dropoff between him and Bryant is not so big. It is the same thing that can be said between Pouncey and Wallace, Beachum and Villanueva, Bell and Williams, and so on.

Ben to Landry is big. Heyward to McLendon is big. Golden/Mitchell to Allen is big. It is big differences.

Brown is a great player. But Bryant is also. The MVPs of our team are those three guys. Lose them and you have 10 points difference. Brown is not 10 points difference. I might state the case that Bryant is ... Brown moves the chains. Bryant scores tds...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:34 am

Honestly, I'm having a hard time following what the hell you are rambling on about. Steelers depot is calling you.

;)

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Ohio wrote:To make things clear > Brown is not so important because the dropoff between him and Bryant is not so big

Ohio wrote:The MVPs of our team are those three guys
(Presumably the three players you just mentioned, Ben, Heyward, and Golden.)

You might want to check out this site, too

www.putdownthecrackpipe.org

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:27 pm

You might want to check out this site, too

www.putdownthecrackpipe.org

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Ohio wrote:I am following steelers depot a lot.

Give it a look.
Real analysis. Datas, gifs. They say something. They show you why.

Mills puts names of people that are not even playing from time to time.

Let me get you this straight> Mill talked about Archer. They moved on to Jones. Now somebody might blame Jones. Or maybe, just mabye, you might realize that the problem is the blocking in front of the guy. Nobody does it alone.

To make things clear > Brown is not so important because the dropoff between him and Bryant is not so big. It is the same thing that can be said between Pouncey and Wallace, Beachum and Villanueva, Bell and Williams, and so on.

Ben to Landry is big. Heyward to McLendon is big. Golden/Mitchell to Allen is big. It is big differences.

Brown is a great player. But Bryant is also. The MVPs of our team are those three guys. Lose them and you have 10 points difference. Brown is not 10 points difference. I might state the case that Bryant is ... Brown moves the chains. Bryant scores tds...

Steelersdepot sports a lot of homer kool aid drinkers Ohio... I got into it there over Jarvis Jones a few years ago with those rah rah dumbfuks. Is Jarvis Jones worth a number one overall pick at this point? Nooo... He disappears most games.

Return to Stillers Talk