Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers sign RB Isaiah Pead

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers sign RB Isaiah Pead

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Since The Steelers officially announced today that Le'von Bell is out for the rest of the season, they went out and signed RB Isaiah Pead to back-up D'Angelo Williams. Pead, who played parts of 3 seasons for The St. Louis Rams before being released a month ago, has 19 career carries for 78 yards.(4.1 yards per carry) 14 receptions for 94 yards.(6.7 yards per catch.) 0 TDs in both categories. He had a whopping 2 carries for 3 yards for The Rams this season before they got rid of him. Apparently he can help in the return game if needed.

I said it in Mill's review and I'll say it again; The fact that they have to go out and sign a RB of this caliber to back-up Williams because Archer and Todman can't begs the question of why both are here?? But old Mikey T. loves to waste roster spots like our Government likes to waste our cash, so I should be beyond asking why anymore.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers sign RB Isaiah Pead

Postby Fire Arians » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:43 pm

who pead the bed as a toddler, and still does.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 am

Steelers76 wrote:Since The Steelers officially announced today that Le'von Bell is out for the rest of the season, they went out and signed RB Isaiah Pead to back-up D'Angelo Williams. Pead, who played parts of 3 seasons for The St. Louis Rams before being released a month ago, has 19 career carries for 78 yards.(4.1 yards per carry) He had a whopping 2 carries for 3 yards for The Rams this season before they got rid of him. Apparently he can help in the return game if needed.

I said it in Mill's review and I'll say it again; The fact that they have to go out and sign a RB of this caliber to back-up Williams because Archer and Todman can't begs the question of why both still are on the roster?? But old Mikey T. loves to waste roster spots like our Government likes to waste our cash, so I should be beyond asking why anymore.

Time will tell what is position on the depth chart is. I am not so sure that he is today our backup. I think Todman comes first. It can change. But I think that the order will be Williams , Todman, Pead/Archer

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 am

Fire Arians wrote:who pead the bed as a toddler, and still does.
:suplusone: :lol: :wow:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Who needs backups anyway? It's not like first stringers ever get hurt...
They should have just signed another TE.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Ohio wrote:
Steelers76 wrote:Since The Steelers officially announced today that Le'von Bell is out for the rest of the season, they went out and signed RB Isaiah Pead to back-up D'Angelo Williams. Pead, who played parts of 3 seasons for The St. Louis Rams before being released a month ago, has 19 career carries for 78 yards.(4.1 yards per carry) He had a whopping 2 carries for 3 yards for The Rams this season before they got rid of him. Apparently he can help in the return game if needed.

I said it in Mill's review and I'll say it again; The fact that they have to go out and sign a RB of this caliber to back-up Williams because Archer and Todman can't begs the question of why both still are on the roster?? But old Mikey T. loves to waste roster spots like our Government likes to waste our cash, so I should be beyond asking why anymore.

Time will tell what is position on the depth chart is. I am not so sure that he is today our backup. I think Todman comes first. It can change. But I think that the order will be Williams , Todman, Pead/Archer

If that's the case, then Archer doesn't need to be on the team. I mean all he's there for is to return kickoffs, and you've seen how good he is at that. Makes me long for the days of Najeh Davenport and Gary Russell

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Steelers76 wrote:If that's the case, then Archer doesn't need to be on the team. I mean all he's there for is to return kickoffs, and you've seen how good he is at that. Makes me long for the days of Najeh Davenport and Gary Russell

I agree completely, 76. The guy is a wasted pick. Period. He has no instinct, no size, his speed is unimpressive at this level, and he shies away from contact like nobody I've ever seen. He is useless in the pass game, more useless in the run game, and bad at kickoffs. The HC needs to man up and admit he's a bust and move on.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm

I pulled this of Labriola's "Asked and Answered."

"This is what Coach Mike Tomlin said about Pead on the day after he was signed: “He has a skill set that is going to help us at some point. And I emphasize at some point, because he has to learn what to do. As we prepare this week, we are going to prepare with the men that have been here and know what to do and can detail assignments. We will see how Pead progresses in terms of learning what to do. When he is above the line from that standpoint, we will consider how to utilize his skill-set. As I sit here today, obviously, he is just starting that process. So I don’t have a lot to comment on that or what he may be able to do for us. I think all of that stuff will be revealed to us over time as we proceed. Right now, we are going to rally around DeAngelo Williams.”"

Here's my translation: "I don't really know how a guy who we chose not to draft when we had the chance will ever pan out to justify his roster spot. While I am completely incapable of independently evaluating talent myself, I did see that somebody else might have been interested in him, so that told me that maybe he was worth something. He will probably never see the field, but jeez, after completely shitting the bed in the area of backup RB last year, I had to do SOMETHING.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:48 pm

isfry wrote:I pulled this of Labriola's "Asked and Answered."

"This is what Coach Mike Tomlin said about Pead on the day after he was signed: “He has a skill set that is going to help us at some point. And I emphasize at some point, because he has to learn what to do. As we prepare this week, we are going to prepare with the men that have been here and know what to do and can detail assignments. We will see how Pead progresses in terms of learning what to do. When he is above the line from that standpoint, we will consider how to utilize his skill-set. As I sit here today, obviously, he is just starting that process. So I don’t have a lot to comment on that or what he may be able to do for us. I think all of that stuff will be revealed to us over time as we proceed. Right now, we are going to rally around DeAngelo Williams.”"

Here's my translation: "I don't really know how a guy who we chose not to draft when we had the chance will ever pan out to justify his roster spot. While I am completely incapable of independently evaluating talent myself, I did see that somebody else might have been interested in him, so that told me that maybe he was worth something. He will probably never see the field, but jeez, after completely shitting the bed in the area of backup RB last year, I had to do SOMETHING.

LMAO isfry! :lol:

Return to Stillers Talk