Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 am

Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Pommah » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:00 am

Somebody remind me again why we thought this team had a prayer of competing for a championship? Nothing quite like doing the calculations to see if you can squeeze in a wild card appearance with the season only half over.

Enjoy your weekend Mill

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 am

Pommah wrote:Somebody remind me again why we thought this team had a prayer of competing for a championship? Nothing quite like doing the calculations to see if you can squeeze in a wild card appearance with the season only half over.

Enjoy your weekend Mill

Championship caliber because the AFC has only NE.

Championship caliber because our Defense is playing good / very good games despite what Mill says. We do have problems but we held the Bengals at 16 points. They had a 30 + average.

Our Offense is good. Ben historically sucks the first game after injury. But make no mistake. He will only improve. Make no mistake the DeAngelo Williams is not such an inferior RB. It can be discussed if he is an upgrade over Bell in certain situations.

Now... Tomlin sucks. He sucks at clock managment. He sucks at RB rotation. What scares me now regarding our RB is not Williams performance. The problem is how much is back up will see the field. That is our problem now. If nothing happens to him I see us in the playoff with good chances. Playoff are one game at a time. Anything can happen. I will just cheer the Steelers. I am not gonna wait here for 2016 like Mill says. That is dumb. We have Roethlisberger now and who knows for how long. Our time is now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:51 pm

-Remember when The Steelers used to be nearly unbeatable at home, especially against Divisional foes? Neither do I.

-What THE FUCK is Dri Archer and Jordan Todman doing on this roster?!? Seriously. Archer's sole purpose on the team is to return kick-offs, and he can't even do that. I assume it's because Colbert and Tomlin don't want to admit they overreached and drafted a high round bust. He's never included in the offense at all, nor should he be. Now I hear The Steelers have another F.A. RB coming in for a visit today to possibly back-up Williams now that Bell is out for the season. Again, WHAT THE FUCK good is having the aforementioned 2 on the team if they aren't capable of filling this void?!? Tomlin wastes more roster spots with absolutely useless players than any coach I've ever seen.

-Berry needs to go. His awesome punting in pre-season was obviously a mirage. When is the last time this team had a decent Punter?? I seriously can't remember.

-I'm not holding my breath on Tomlin ever getting fired. He will leave on his own will, either by taking another job or retiring. The Rooneys, along with fans and media members, continue to live in the past and think the antiquated way they do things is still relevant today. I'm tired of seeing teams like New England, Green Bay, and Denver win at a high level every season. Meanwhile, if this team fails to make the playoffs, it will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years that's happened. And if that does go down, or The Steelers make a wild card and go 1 and done, it will be the first time SINCE BEFORE CHUCK NOLL WAS HIRED The Steelers went 5 straight seasons without a playoff win. Think about that for a second.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Was not angry after Craven loss, this one should have been won. Bell injury devastating. Same knee as last time could shortchange his career like Billy Sims. No need to repeat relevant observations by writer and commenters, BUT, D gave O chance to win. That is good news. Dupree has been running around the field like a baby great dane, all arms and legs not much sense. He IS finding his focus, wish the Buttler would line him up blindside with VW (who while slow still faster than JH for coverages).
Have been wary supporter of T. Think that he should be DC and Haley HC, (Lake DFO) before we lose him (Haley). Ts 2 minute clock management unbelievably in disarray. This man has no business at HC. As the Mill rightly pointed out this games 2 minute behavior cost the Steelers the game because add the 20 or so lost seconds at the end (even with Bens crap the pot antics in 4th qtr), Haleys O still had the chance to win!?! When you add the fact that T lost control of his team his 2nd year(most coaches immediately fired) this experiment with T and C can't end soon enough. If you really want pile on top of Ts coaching bull$hit 4th down and 2pt and kicker decisions could argue his coaching has cost 3 games this year. #/×_€@$!!

Practice Squad

Postby FuckTomBrady » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:23 pm

The defense held the Bengals to only 6 points with 4 minutes and change on the clock until the late td. That is outstanding given any opponent in today's score happy league no matter who you are playing. Ben played like shit, period. HOWFUCKING EVER, the glowing weaknesses of this team have been constant and consistent for the last 5 years: Special teams and the importance of field position, a weak secondary and lack of developing young players through the draft. Cowher wasn't the best coach by a mile in the NFL, but who could argue the amount of depth on the roster he had at any given time. The Steelers do not sign big free agents and have always developed the players as they gained experience. This fuck stick hasn't drafted well since he got here and it shows given the roster in hand. The patchwork and guess work this fucker has put together to keep this ship afloat is sinking fast.

He holds his players accountable for their mistakes and miscues, but yesterday's 50th blunder regarding clock management is just fucking ridiculous and his fault. Until the Rooney's take notice when there are 10,000 empty yellow seats and the $10 draft beers are still on tap, they wont do a fucking thing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:34 pm

For being a supposedly elite QB Ben plays like dog shit way too much. Once Bell went down Ben started to play
scared.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:59 pm

I said in the thread yesterday that Tomlin was a dolt for not kicking the 53 yard FG, Tomlin letting 38 seconds roll off the clock,
also mentioned the O seemingly tanking after Bell loss. So I agree totally with all the posts. I still maintain that the Steelers arguably could and should be 8-0 even with the loss of Ben if they have competent coaching and of course a decent FG kicker pre-Boswell and that includes the Patriots game. And why in the hell do they put players in for one or two plays and then banish them to the bench? Williams, Dupree, etc.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:45 am

Steelerssix wrote:I said in the thread yesterday that Tomlin was a dolt for not kicking the 53 yard FG, Tomlin letting 38 seconds roll off the clock,
also mentioned the O seemingly tanking after Bell loss. So I agree totally with all the posts. I still maintain that the Steelers arguably could and should be 8-0 even with the loss of Ben if they have competent coaching and of course a decent FG kicker pre-Boswell and that includes the Patriots game. And why in the hell do they put players in for one or two plays and then banish them to the bench? Williams, Dupree, etc.

Actually on defense Butler is using Dupree a lot. He is seeing 50% of the snaps. Which is fair enough for a rookie. Never heard of with LeBeau.

Williams you are totally right. What worries me the most is an injury to him. Because the coaching staff will only use him. And we will be in the same situation as last year. With a nobody when it counts the most.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Steelers win their next 8. Get in as WC at 12-4. Beat the Donkeys, Patsies and Bungles in the playoffs and then beat the Cards in the SB. Enjoy, gentlemen.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:52 pm

There ya' go again isfry just like last season. Wasn't it you who said, and I quote because I went back and looked it up,: "11-5. We win the North. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl." I always got a chuckle about that last season and I did become a believer, but not his year. My concern is not the absence of Bell, though that will hurt, it is more the inept coaching staff. To top it off though Peyton is a bit long in the tooth the Broncos D is looking pretty tough surprising the hell out of the Fudgepackers as you call them and they just picked up Vernon Davis from the 9ers. Bungles will probably do their one and done act, but the Pats are a different story. Brady out to prove something we all know, but Belichick will out coach Tomlin with half his brain tied behind his back. The Steelers will continue their history of losing to the sucky teams and they can't afford that at all this year now. I do like your spirit though! :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Ohio wrote:
Steelerssix wrote:I said in the thread yesterday that Tomlin was a dolt for not kicking the 53 yard FG, Tomlin letting 38 seconds roll off the clock,

Actually on defense Butler is using Dupree a lot. He is seeing 50% of the snaps. Which is fair enough for a rookie. Never heard of with LeBeau.

Williams you are totally right. What worries me the most is an injury to him. Because the coaching staff will only use him. And we will be in the same situation as last year. With a nobody when it counts the most.

You are right about Dupre though I just do not hear his name much during games and a quick glance shows he has 11 unassisted tackles and 4 sacks. Perhaps more playing time????

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Steelerssix wrote:There ya' go again isfry just like last season. Wasn't it you who said, and I quote because I went back and looked it up,: "11-5. We win the North. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl." I always got a chuckle about that last season and I did become a believer, but not his year.

And I might have been right, too, if we only had a backup running back for Bell...
:subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:03 pm

AND, I might add, we WERE 11-5 and we DID win the north. Two outta three ain't bad.

:surockin:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:08 pm

AND, I might add, we WERE 11-5 and we DID win the North. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:10 pm

isfry wrote:AND, I might add, we WERE 11-5 and we DID win the North. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

:suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:48 pm

One down. Eleven to go.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 am

isfry wrote:One down. Eleven to go.

Do you mean seven to go?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Nope. I'm counting the three playoffs games and the SB.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Oh gotcha. But I just ain't feelin it this time. They might get past the brownies with Landry at the helm, but after the bye they are in Seattle then the Colts all probably w/o #7. And they still have proven incapable of beating the crap teams.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk