Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Landry Jones & Sharko Thomas

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Landry Jones & Sharko Thomas

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 pm

I caught this evaluation of some of Landry Jones' throws. Very good analysis here. It made me think... We always hear the same BS about 'the coaching staff sees these guys every day', and 'they know best when it comes to the talent of the players.' So this begs the question, if it took an injury to get this guy on the field to show his stuff, who else are they keeping brainlessly chained to the bench? The name Sharko Thomas comes to mind. I imagine at some point Sharko will have to get meaningful PT, and he will explode in similar fashion. My guess is it will be about 6 games before his rookie contract expires, and he will move on to another team while we waste even more talent on the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-nfl/0ap3000000561373/Is-Landry-Jones-ready-to-start

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Landry Jones & Sharko Thomas

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 pm

For a long time, I thought Lebeau was the reason for a lot of the bench-rotting going on for the defense. Maybe it wasn't him after all? Leaving Bryant off the roster was a travesty last season.

Hall of Famer

Re: Landry Jones & Sharko Thomas

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 pm

I saw yesterday that only like four receivers in the history of the NFL have scored more TD's in their first 11 games than Bryant. Yet our brilliant coaching staff, which has such an eye for talent, had him holding down the pine for six fucking weeks last year while, who was it, Justin (have you seen him lately) Brown was featured in the offense? Inexplicable.

Return to Stillers Talk