Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stiller's new LT

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Stiller's new LT

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:32 pm

I went back and rewound many of the plays after he was inserted and he was killing it, both on running plays and pass pro. I was especially pleasantly surprised to see how well he pulled on a few plays and looked like a wrecking ball on one play in particular. I know it's one game, but I can't be more proud of this guy for his accomplishments and the dedication it must have taken to get where he is right now. We all forget, but it was much more common for pro athletes to serve their country from the 40's thru the end of the Vietnam war than it is now. As a Veteran, I'm very proud to see this guy as the starting left tackle for my Pittsburgh Steelers next week. He helps to offset all of bullshit and jerkoff assholes that turn me off to this game. It makes me very happy to see him added and hopefully Vick subtracted.

:supimpin:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stiller's new LT

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Yep. 2 tours of duty in the Middle East and numerous accolades, I believe.

Now that's someone to look up to re: if he's here/in the league long term or not. Not some lowlife who fought, tortured, and killed innocent animals and is then actually given credit for "doing his time" by lowlife jock sniffing idiots who treat criminals like royalty because they play a game for a living.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:27 pm

“I think I could have played better,” said Villanueva, who made his NFL debut in the game. “When it’s your first NFL game a lot of the plays seem surreal and you truly haven’t been as involved in the game process. I could have been way more physical, I could have finished plays better. I know how to fix all of those things and I should have been more consistent on the field.”

Add humility to the list of accolades, a trait rarely expressed in today's NFL.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:39 pm

You can add hard ass worker to the list as well. His quick ascension to where is now to where he was when he first tried out for the NFL says it all.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Can you say, "tackle eligible?" This guy had some starts as a wide receiver at West Point. Six feet Nine inches.

Trap game coming up against KC, road trip west of Mississippi.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:30 pm

"Trap game coming up against KC, road trip west of Mississippi."

I expect a big game from Shazier - provided he can stay on the field. :sucrutches:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:49 am

Alejandro Villanueva may well be my favorite Steeler :sufootballhelmet:

Return to Stillers Talk