Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Super Bowl 49.5 and the Return of Carson Choker

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Super Bowl 49.5 and the Return of Carson Choker

Postby PalmerSucks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Super Bowl 49.5 and the Return of Carson Choker has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Super Bowl 49.5 and the Return of Carson Choker

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:33 am

Great Article! As for the SB appearance this year, I hope that you are correct. I however do not have a good feeling if they do appear in this game.

The reason for this is that they went the politically correct route and put the E.E.O.C. quota boy in as Head Coach. For as much as I really disliked Cowher, the one skill that he had that was considered critical was clock management.

Many in the press and during his first few seasons here as H.C. made a very fine point of this talent Cowher possessed. The lost 20 seconds in the San Diego game would have never occurred under Cowher's watch, so there would not have been an issue calling a time out to get the Field Goal unit on the field to kick the potential tying F.G. & thus send the game into O.T. if the T.D. play failed to score.

I said it before and it bears repeating: does Momlin have the personnel management decision skills like Belicheck? ANSWER: No. Has Momlin played the game and have first hand experience with these aspects? ANSWER: No. Has Momlin made draft picks with an eye for the future and needs to be filled? ANSWER: No.

Having answered all of these questions with "NO", it would not be because of a lack of talent in the players on our roster that we could lose in the S.B. it would be because of an imbecile of a H.C. that got where he was simply because of the color of his skin. Same thing goes with Vick. They could go after a great Christian and respectful man in Tebow and get more of a player than that, but he's not black so he won't even get a second thought. For all the naysayers out there, just remember what he did in Denver to the "Dick's" vaunted Stillers defense on the last scoring drive to end our season at Mile High Stadium.

Because of all this politically correct B.S. in the league today, :suahhbs: it is with less and less passion and emotion that I am able to back this team that I once loved so dearly. Therefore if this squad does make the Superbowl, I do not hold high hopes for a successful outing. Does any of this prattling make any sense? :?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:04 am

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:Great Article! As for the SB appearance this year, I hope that you are correct. I however do not have a good feeling if they do appear in this game.

The reason for this is that they went the politically correct route and put the E.E.O.C. quota boy in as Head Coach. For as much as I really disliked Cowher, the one skill that he had that was considered critical was clock management.

Many in the press and during his first few seasons here as H.C. made a very fine point of this talent Cowher possessed. The lost 20 seconds in the San Diego game would have never occurred under Cowher's watch, so there would not have been an issue calling a time out to get the Field Goal unit on the field to kick the potential tying F.G. & thus send the game into O.T. if the T.D. play failed to score.

I said it before and it bears repeating: does Momlin have the personnel management decision skills like Belicheck? ANSWER: No. Has Momlin played the game and have first hand experience with these aspects? ANSWER: No. Has Momlin made draft picks with an eye for the future and needs to be filled? ANSWER: No.

Having answered all of these questions with "NO", it would not be because of a lack of talent in the players on our roster that we could lose in the S.B. it would be because of an imbecile of a H.C. that got where he was simply because of the color of his skin. Same thing goes with Vick. They could go after a great Christian and respectful man in Tebow and get more of a player than that, but he's not black so he won't even get a second thought. For all the naysayers out there, just remember what he did in Denver to the "Dick's" vaunted Stillers defense on the last scoring drive to end our season at Mile High Stadium.

Because of all this politically correct B.S. in the league today, :suahhbs: it is with less and less passion and emotion that I am able to back this team that I once loved so dearly. Therefore if this squad does make the Superbowl, I do not hold high hopes for a successful outing. Does any of this prattling make any sense? :?

Your prattling makes perfect sense.

I remember the days when the Rooneys (Art I) used to put in their drinking buddies as head coaches. Back then the team was a perennial bottom dweller. Joe Walton was forced on Noll in that way. I think that under Art II they've returned to a similar philosophy.

I agree that they should have gotten Tebow instead of Vick. Here, in my humble but correct opinion, is what's happened to Tim. If you do a google on the nfl owners you'll find that over 90% of them are Jewish. The last thing that they want is a good strong Christian white boy lighting up the scene.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 am

Unfortunately (or opportunistically) a comment on Braidy and coaching responsibilities: as usual Bellycheat is stretching the rules as far as he can until someone calls him out. He is using totally illegal picks to get his $hitty recievers open 2 yds down the field. Coach's responsibility is work the refs until they have to start calling some O interference. If Steelers are going to Bowl this year they will have to get through M'Lady Braidy.
As far as today's game, Arien's Cards have, the last 2 years, come out of the gates with a bang, only to spectacularily collapse in the second half of season. Steelers need, as you say, to get Williams and Bell heavily involved, run AND pass.
AB goes and gets the ball like no other. You can bet that the Cards are going to try and man up on him. Vick just needs to let sail the bombs and let AB go get them. If Vick plays like he has against the Cravens or Chargers it will be hard to win. Steelers chasing the BenGals will be in a tough position with a loss.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:48 pm

"No, the fact is, it’s Brown who is lucky to have Roethlisberger delivering him the mail, as plainly seen the last couple of games."
Yup. You said it, Palmer.

"Facing an Arizona squad that’s excelled both at home and on the road is a tall order even with Roethlisberger in the lineup, so a Stillers loss here wouldn’t surprise me."
I guess you were pleasantly surprised, then.

"nobody this side of Tony Romo is as good for the late, game-blowing pick or fumble like Palmer."
Bingo.

"a chance for Arians to show why he should still be O-coordinator in the ‘burgh. Have no doubt: he’ll be looking to absolutely FRY the Stillers come Sunday."
Looks like BA showed why he was shown the door instead. The vaunted AZ offense came crashing to Earth against a bunch of newbies who nobody gave a chance. 38 points per game down to 13. Brilliant, Arians.

Return to Stillers Talk