Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Bud Dupree's Rookie Season

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Bud Dupree's Rookie Season

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:43 pm

While he hasn't sparked memories of a young Lawrence Taylor, I think rookie LB Bud Dupree is off to a pretty good start. Or maybe the reason I'm saying that is A.) I didn't really expect much out of him this season because....B.) He looks great by comparison because the other 2 Steelers No. 1 pick LBs of the previous 2 drafts haven't done much. Still, 3 sacks in 5 games is pretty decent. Even if 1 or any were dong sacks it's better to accumulate them then none at all.

Your thoughts on B.D.?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Bud Dupree's Rookie Season

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:51 am

I like Bud. Seems to be a man with good character instilled in him from his mom. Rotating OLB's seems to be working well for Butler. Tuitt and Heyward are beasts. I have high hopes that Mt. McCullers takes over the nose at some point and improves on his technique a la Fat Casey. Now, they just need to keep their other two 1st rounders on the field and let them learn and develop.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:17 pm

So far so good. Clearly he has made a bigger impact than Shazier did by this time last year...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:30 pm

What separates him from the other high draft picks is his size. He is big enough to withstand the collisions. Shazier and especially Jones are too slightly built at this point, though not quite as big a problem playing inside for Shazier in a 3-4 scheme. But... he still has been hurt constantly. Dupree is very promising so far.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:10 pm

SEC Linebacker = NFL DB
Pac 12 Defensive End= NFL Linebacker

Return to Stillers Talk