Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Ratbirds Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Ratbirds Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:12 am

Stillers-Ratbirds Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Ratbirds Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:44 am

Didn't expect Mill to have the synopsis so early, but it helps keep my eyes open after 4 hours of sleep watching the Steelers piss away that game. I really can't find anything to disagree with and having spent time on the game thread with others I doubt anyone else will either. I blame the coaches completely for this crap. I felt like the Steelers D was hustling and as I said in the game thread Heyward was having a game, but the coaching stifles the players. Just like last week where the hell was Deangelo Williams? Agree that the drop by AB in the EZ was costly. The middle screen that Mill talked about was outrageous and enraged those on the game thread. Miller 1 catch is pathetic, especially when they only needed a few yards a couple of times to either keep a drive alive or seal the deal at the end of reg. Terrible. I am going to finally label LB Jones a bust or just lazy. Pleased with the hit Blake put on Steve Smith that took Smith out of the game. Turns out it didn't matter, but all he does is jaw. As mentioned in the game thread our entire "kicking" game just sucks. Punter had a terrible night and no need to mention the other guy. Again coaching keeping the kicker with his poor stats already. you just knew he would miss the second one because it was in his head. And I constantly went off about 3rd down where they were 2 for 13 a pathetic stat that shows how easily they could have won that game if they just convert. Playcalling. The only bright spot for me was Flacoooo running for his life and really had a crap game. And of course all I will hear in poeland today is how the poes fought and worked hard and blah, blah when in reality the Steelers gave it away. Much like I felt after the Pats game that they should have won.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 am

This game was the usual shit play on special teams you have come to expect. Didn't realize that they only practiced one day this week to get Vick ready.. Really? I think on defense they are going to have to go get a real run stopper for NT. Say what you will about Casey Hampton, but it wasn't easy to run on the Steelers with him occupying the space between the guards and tackles. Agree with Steelerssix...Jarvis Jones is a bust. If you look at that guy, there isn't much way he weighs more than 220...That was a shit No 1 pick. He gets swallowed up by blocks.

If that game is an indication of the next difficult stretch, this season is over before Big Ben can come back.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:47 am

Just pathetic. These are all people making a king's ransom in salary, and they're unprepared. They don't know how to do their jobs. This is crappy product, from the managerial decisions to the personnel decisions to the coaching decisions and to the player execution. They should all be embarrassed. I'm thinking about joining SoCal. If the people making a mint aren't bothering to put in the effort, why should I? Seriously, I can't believe people pay hundreds of dollars for tickets to a PoS game like that. And I am wondering why I am wasting my time with it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:55 am

-It's not often you can say a team got ripped off for trading their conditional 6th round pick, but that's exactly what happened to Dumb and Dumber, Colbert and Tomlin, when they gave up just that for Sco-bitch. It was obvious after Week 2 this stiff needed to go, but because this is basically a high-school team in the guise of a pro one, he stayed. Another awesome personnel decision.

-Speaking of which, I said right here not even a week ago that there was a reason Michael Prick was sitting at home in late August when The Steelers called. That's because he isn't The Prick of 2004, but a washed up, past his prime lowlife who couldn't even cut it in The CFL. Maybe if Tomlin were, IDK, THE COACH OF THE TEAM instead of a brainless fanboy trying to kiss this stiff's worthless ass at every turn, he'd realize that. Prick averaged 1.1 yards more per pass completion than he did running the ball. Read that again. That is middle school levels of awful right there. Paging Matt Flynn.

-This team is going nowhere for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons. The drones among some fans and the media will give Tomlin and staff yet another free pass because of Ben's injury, nevermind the fact that Cowher not only won but won playoff games with the likes of Stewart, T-Zak, and Maddox here. But excuses have become the norm around here the last few years, much like The Pirates from 1993-2012. They will pay a steep price when all those nice new seats will be empty for T.V. Again.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stillerman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:29 pm

LenSherwood wrote:This game was the usual shit play on special teams you have come to expect. Didn't realize that they only practiced one day this week to get Vick ready.. Really? I think on defense they are going to have to go get a real run stopper for NT. Say what you will about Casey Hampton, but it wasn't easy to run on the Steelers with him occupying the space between the guards and tackles. Agree with Steelerssix...Jarvis Jones is a bust. If you look at that guy, there isn't much way he weighs more than 220...That was a shit No 1 pick. He gets swallowed up by blocks.

If that game is an indication of the next difficult stretch, this season is over before Big Ben can come back.

Typical Mike Bumblin-Dumblin Country Club effort and only one day of it for that matter. I can't imagine how that day went. They probably watched some old Vick commercials and then helped Bettis rehearse his acceptance speech. The lack of preparation was appalling and heads need to roll.

Oh, and keep drafting skinny overrated SEC outside linebackers. That seems to work out really well.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Not quite as POed as others. Hate losing winnable games, possibly Pats, now Cravens. This analysis had a lot of stuff right on the money.
However in defense of Vick, this was his first preseason game in a couple o years. Surprising (for AB) drop of catchable ball, what do you know, he's human. DHB surprising. Vick accuracy was known and as StillMill pointed out he made some dopey decisions. Escaped a couple o ints. Don't expect much better but it was his first game!! Hope to convince others that it is NOT WHO IS PLAYING WELL NOW, IT IS WHO IS PLAYING WELL AT WEEK 17!! The Butler pulled a pretty good move on the int. By Cockerell. While the D had some large holes, it probably also had something to do with the D called vs the O play called. Butler has to realize the other team is actually trying to win!
Haley can recognize talent...a rare gift. He is a terrible play caller. He needs Ben. Steeler D held the LoS on a lot of short yardage plays.
Win would have been better, but the journey is still early. Injury has clearly cost the Steelers some game.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:54 pm

!?!
Last edited by fred on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby FuckTomBrady » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:30 pm

The lack of quality of draft picks and their player development from this staff has been showing up throughout the roster. These fools are signing has-beens, retreads and retards for the patch work on this ship and we all recognize is has been gradually sinking since Momlin's tenure continues. Awful draft choices and roster moves will put this team 2-3 years from developing into what we used to know how Steeler football once Momlin is gone. For the love of god, we will never know when that will be given the faithful "Stand by your coach" motto that the Rooney's are so proud of in the burgh. I would love to hear anyone come up with a game that this jaggoff actually outcoached another by his game planning and adjustments. The fact that Haley is calling these god awful plays with no recourse or overrule simply tells me there is too much freedom on their staff to make their own decisions. A little micromanaging may be needed from time to time, however this fucker will not change and it is too late. This guy is 10 lbs of shit in a 5lb bag and it is beginning to STINK........

Practice Squad

Postby Denn » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Mill was spot on and that's not something I always say.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Looks like the Timmons/Blake hit on Steve Smith was a bit more serious than thought. Of course he had to bring the tough guy crap with putting Mike Mitchell on his "lifetime hit list". This is why I liked Hines. He played hard, but always with a smile.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 25822.html

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 am

I would get more satisfaction from this trash-talker getting his comeuppance if it weren't for the fact the the Ratbirds beat us...even without him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 pm

isfry wrote:I would get more satisfaction from this trash-talker getting his comeuppance if it weren't for the fact the the Ratbirds beat us...even without him.

Agreed, still trying to get past that one. You know while wearing some Steelers threads I had total strangers come up to me last weekend and ask this simple question: Did the Ravens win that game or did the Steelers give it away? Namely the coaching and not the kicker as much. Same thing from a lot of my friends in church Sunday where pretty much everyone is a raven maniac.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Pretty telling when even "Raven Nation" realizes they were handed a gift wrapped victory that they didn't earn or deserve.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't know what I put in my corn flakes this morning but I suddenly got a sense of the glass being half full. We are one missed field goal away from being 3-1 and undefeated in the division. All is not lost. Vick was good enough overall last week and will likely be sharper going forward until BR7 suits up again. The defense seems to be improving. Bell is back and Bryant comes back this week. As Palmer pointed out in an earlier article, the Browns are the Browns, the Rats aren't going anywhere and NOBODY believes in the Bungles, not even them. Looking forward to a victory in SD and getting back on track.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:04 am

isfry wrote:I don't know what I put in my corn flakes this morning but I suddenly got a sense of the glass being half full. We are one missed field goal away from being 3-1 and undefeated in the division. All is not lost. Vick was good enough overall last week and will likely be sharper going forward until BR7 suits up again. The defense seems to be improving. Bell is back and Bryant comes back this week. As Palmer pointed out in an earlier article, the Browns are the Browns, the Rats aren't going anywhere and NOBODY believes in the Bungles, not even them. Looking forward to a victory in SD and getting back on track.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Well, could be something in the corn flakes. I am not so confident. Yes, Bryant is back, but Vick had something like 16 completions for 96 yards and third down they were 2-13 conversion. Perhaps some rust or lousy play-calling ya' think? I saw Shazier was practicing, hopefully he will play. For some reason I thought Rivers gave the Steelers trouble, but after a quick glance at his stats in the last few years they were not that impressive. Who knows? Would like to see more Deangelo Williams this week as well if he is still with them and hasn't left for the Patriots yet!! :o Trying to remember last time I ever felt confident before a Steelers game :suspense:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:07 pm

"Trying to remember last time I ever felt confident before a Steelers game"

I have found it much easier to not get your hopes up and just roll with it - you'll live longer that way. Besides, the more pathetic this team plays, the more entertaining MIll's write-up becomes.

:supimpin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:49 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:"Trying to remember last time I ever felt confident before a Steelers game"

I have found it much easier to not get your hopes up and just roll with it - you'll live longer that way. Besides, the more pathetic this team plays, the more entertaining MIll's write-up becomes.

:supimpin:

Come to think of it you might be right! True about Mill's analysis also. Keeps me going on Monday morn.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:55 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:"Trying to remember last time I ever felt confident before a Steelers game"

Cards SB. Even when the Cards scored to go up at the end I knew we'd win. Haven't had that sense since.

Return to Stillers Talk