Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Roeth wins Player of the Week, Whiner Nation Up in Arms

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Roeth wins Player of the Week, Whiner Nation Up in Arms

Postby PalmerSucks » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:27 am

Roeth wins Player of the Week, Whiner Nation Up in Arms has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Roeth wins Player of the Week, Whiner Nation Up in Arms

Postby palbubba » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:26 am

Great article, well written with a logical conclusion. Pundits like Skip Bayless have no clue, the writers at NFL Network have no clue. Ben is simply the most under rated QB in the NFL. Keep smoking them Ben, you're the best.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Hard to care about the Patriots, but your writing leaves no question who played better football. Seriously hoping that Bell makes you reevaluate who the best player in football is against the best Dline in football (not to take anything away from AB).
Munchs line gave Ben the time to throw, although as pointed out on this site the forty whiners had a lot of frequent flier miles in their pocket. DeCastros remarks about them just hanging on gives credence to what this O may be capable of as Ds fatigue. Absent too many injury, this O should rival 49ers and Montana of the 80s, giving the Butler time to get his defensive coordinates in line.
Thanks for giving us something credible to read so we don't have to go to the fluff sites to read something about the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Good write up, Palmer. Thing is, I honestly couldn't care less who gets these meaningless honors, and I seriously doubt whether BR7 gives a shit, either. What matters is his numbers, how he played, and putting one in the win column. The rest of it is for sissies in Cocksboro who want to adorn their Tom Brady scrap booking collection with another "see, he didn't cheat, he wouldn't need to, he's really good!" piece of memorabilia.

I don't play fantasy football, partly because I think its emblematic of everything that's wrong with the game right now (the name on the back of the jersey being more important than the name on the front.) However, it pleases me when the ticker on the top, bottom, or side of the screen during NFL Live shows me that our QB had a #1 fantasy day, as did our WR, or that our (backup) RB is ranked #2 fantasy in the league thus far. This is not because I give a shit that some 14 year old in his mom's basement in Cincinatti may have those three on his "team" and be "winning" his "league," but simply because it means those three players on my TEAM are putting up good numbers and playing well which invariably translates into success. Period. All the other bullshit about who had a "better" day is meaningless. The only thing that matters is that the Patsies had a better day than us when we faced them. That needs to be rectified and revenge is sweet, whatever "honors" may come between now and then.

Texting Tommy can get player of the week every week for the rest of the season, for all I care. I'm sure Belicheat will build him a trophy case for them. As the season progresses, though, and certainly as we head towards the inevitable January rematch with the cheats, I am reminded of some wise words from a real football player a few years back.

"A lot of people wanna jump on the Steelers bandwagon right now. Don't do that. We didn't need you in the beginning, we don't need you now."

Amen, James. Amen.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Nice write-up Palmer, as usual. As far as Antonio Brown I also thought his production would be limited due to the absence of Bryant and teams smothering him. Apparently he IS that good. I mentioned in another thread how I would enjoy putting the beat-down on the poes if they come into Heinz next Thursday at 0-3. Looking forward to that game immensely. So I hope the Bungles beat them Sunday. Almost a given that the Bungles will slip near the end so I will take their 3-0 at this point if it creates a lot of crying here in poeville. Still no word on Shazam yet, anybody??

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 pm

ESPN has him listed as doubtful. We'll see if he participates at all in practice today. Does the injury report, including game status, come out on Friday now? Was it ever Thursday? Am I going crazy?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Shazamm is out, according to the team site's injury report. Bummer.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:11 pm

isfry wrote:Shazamm is out, according to the team site's injury report. Bummer.

Shazier is such a curiosity: tackles like Brian Bosworth, even qbs. His one hard hit in the fortywhiners game he got injured. Thought for a moment that is why he arm tackled so much: to protect a hidden injury. The idea of him shadowing Kap is an emerging trait of the Butler since we have seen Timmons in this role in seasons past. The thought of this happening with running qbs like Wilson could make her very valuable. The thought of this happening with Marshawn Lunch is terrorizing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:49 pm

Maybe the Steelers should fire Haley and let Ben be the Offensive Coodinator Player coach. The play calls seemed better than ever last week. One thing that I mentioned in another thread is that you have to give the offensive line and Munchak credit for this offensive bounty. That line is just flat out better than it has been in years. Ben is not running for his life an that helps to get you a 155 passer rating and they can run the ball also as well as pass protect. That is another thing that will get you a 155 rating because they have to respect the run.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I can't believe this is even an issue in anyone's mind anywhere. Here I thought that Lady Boy's balls were plenty clean after being incessantly scrubbed for the last 14 years, but perhaps due to low ball inflation there are more wrinkles and crevices for dirt to get stuck in? I mean seriously, all you P-Word ass mongers need to stop acting like 16 year old girls whining about "ugly" girls getting more attention than you. So now, you fucktards are only making yourselves look as dumb as you are petty by stirring up a truly meaningless debate. I mean, it's too easy right? Of course Dip-Shit Skip Brainless would parrot all the bullshit you dumb fucks are whining about, he's as much of a media whore as your metro-sexual QB.

And as Palmer points out, the numbers don't even back them up a little bit, even if you consider YPCompletion, which still favors Ben with 17.57 YPC vs Lady's 12.26, and that's the closest stat you get from "Doctor Dink-Dunk" as Palmer puts it. Even if you want to compare opponents, I'd much rather measure a team's recent success vs speculation on how great they should be, and SF being strong playoff contenders for the last 5 years is a bit more impressive if you ask me. Hell, I probably didn't even need to pile onto this already towering heap of bullshit after Palmer illustrated the point so well ("lobbing it to Edelman on the short crossers as usual"), but when I see so many heads buried up so many asses I feel obliged to give them all an extra shove.

Return to Stillers Talk