Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers-Texans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Stillers-Texans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:13 pm

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2275.aspx has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: New Article: Stillers-Texans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby DirtDawson » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 pm

What i didn't expect, was how well the D-Line played.

Casey actually looked....good again. He was penetrating the O-line on several plays, like he used to back in his good years.

The defense in general looked stellar, and yes, i also share the same sentimentals about Woodley and Timmons....

last year's draft is finally coming to fruition.

This defense is damn good, with Polamalu healthy and Aaron Smith back in the lineup, we're going to need all the help we can get for this upcoming schedule.

Their first real test will be against the Eagles, DeSean Jackson is playing with a serious chip on his shoulder...

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 am

That is one heck of an analysis and writeup by 'Mill.

I really enjoyed reading that.

Mahalo!

:cheers:

Practice Squad

Postby Rocket Rashard » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:45 am

What, you're not going to call Woodley's sack a "Dong Sack"? Shame on you Mill! :suahhbs:

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:50 am

Rocket Rashard wrote:What, you're not going to call Woodley's sack a "Dong Sack"? Shame on you Mill! :suahhbs:

Clearly, it was a Dong Sack.....but you'll note that I wasted no time or space praising Woodley for a Dong Sack. We've all learned how over-rated and over-glorified Dong Sacks are.....and we here at Stillers.com are all about on-field effectiveness, not meaningless paper statistics.

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 am

Mill wrote:The lone downside was the offensive PI penalty on Ward, which negated his long 74-yard catch & run in the 1Q. It was an enormously ticky-tack flag, but, of course, for the blind idiots and yinzers who still cling to the fallacy that Darrell Jackson’s ticky-tack, pinkie-finger OPI in Super Bowl 40 was a legit penalty, then this was, oh, about 3 times more a penalty.

Let it (PI call in Super Bowl) go.

Mill wrote:OC: B

What does it take to get an A?

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:25 am

The lone downside was the offensive PI penalty on Ward, which negated his long 74-yard catch & run in the 1Q. It was an enormously ticky-tack flag, but, of course, for the blind idiots and yinzers who still cling to the fallacy that Darrell Jackson’s ticky-tack, pinkie-finger OPI in Super Bowl 40 was a legit penalty, then this was, oh, about 3 times more a penalty.

Think that was the make up call for the refs cheating for the Stillers with that terrible spot on the Texans 4th and 1.

Also, think I recall Farrior breaking up a 3rd down pass play that forced Texans to punt.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 am

Rocket Rashard wrote:
What, you're not going to call Woodley's sack a "Dong Sack"? Shame on you Mill!

Clearly, it was a Dong Sack.....but you'll note that I wasted no time or space praising Woodley for a Dong Sack. We've all learned how over-rated and over-glorified Dong Sacks are.....and we here at Stillers.com are all about on-field effectiveness, not meaningless paper statistics.

A Dong sack it may have been, but he put the screws to Slaub and made the most of the opportunity, unlike the man for which that particular stat was named would have done. Nice forearm club to the head. Might not want to duck into that next time :P.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:58 pm

valid point. To his credit, Woodley really laid the wood to Slaub on that hit. Slaub was a bit woozy and obviously played poorly thereafter.

And, come to think of it, for all of the dozens of freebie, unblocked shots at QBs that GilDong had during his career, I can't think of a single instance where he knocked a QB out cold or drilled him with some tenacity that the QB was wobbly or clearly injured from a mauling.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Hey, Mill...

Excellent review, and it's obvious you're no fan of Arians, but how 'bout some props for calling the deep draw to Parker for the score???? Williams had been pinning back his ears and going after Ben....and that play suckered him - and the entire Texan rush inside.....while the Fast One went outside to pay dirt.

Let's give him his due on that call. It was a perfect set up, and the execution wasn't all too shabby, either.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:04 am

great article

highly annoying changing all the players first names but I guess we have to put up with that to get the article.

I would rate it an A ...but the name changing drops it to a B+

Return to Stillers Talk