Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » DONE!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

DONE!

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:57 am

I turned the TV off in the second quarter when Steelers coaches starting receiving Patriot's radio broadcast in their headsets. I also called Directv and cancelled my Sunday Ticket and ordered NHL Center Ice. It isn't just this incident, it's the culmination of bullshit in the entire league has completely turned me off. It was especially disturbing to find out how much we were fucked in the AFC championship game years ago and reading the new reports this past week out of ESPN. This league is full of cheaters, criminals, dog killers, woman beaters, and soap opera drama. They tie up federal courts with absolute bullshit all the while receiving "clicks" and extra advertising $ from all of the negative criminal attention. Fuck the NFL. I don't trust any of it anymore. They don't deserve a fucking dime of my money. I will be taking the money I saved from Sunday Ticket and buying toys and gift cards after work today and dropping them off at the Sherriff's Dept down the street.
See you all in the rant or NHL section.

I'm fucking done.

:sufu:

Hall of Famer

Re: DONE!

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:37 pm

You'll be missed, SoCal, and I understand and share your frustration. Not gonna jump ship just yet, tho. I got a feeling we're n for a ring...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 pm

I nearly did the same thing when they signed Michael Prick.

I decided that 1 lowlife isn't going to stop me from watching my favorite team, especially when he's sitting on the sidelines. If Ben goes down and dog killer has to go back in for any substantial time, however, I will not watch. I'm not ever going to be in a position where I have to cheer that piece of shit.

I understand your frustration, brother.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:48 pm

SoCal, I may not be far behind. I've bitched before that it's all about the mother f'ing pansy assed girly pussy shit "fantasy" statistics instead of what used to be the best game ever invented. It's all about attracting women and girly men - and the resultant money - than about maintaining any sanctity.

To hell with not being able to smash receivers anytime you want.
THW 350 pound fat immovable linemen who can't pull on a sweep but can use their arms and hands to block.
THW "neutral zone infraction" and any other penalty that didn't exist 40 years ago.
THW instant replay and endless reviews and coaches throwing pussy red socks on the field.
THW radios in helmets.
THW quarterbacks in skirts. "Oh, he initiated the slide!"

Problem is all this pussy shit rules have wormed their way down all the way to Pop Warner. The game is ruined.

Hey, with PGHeaven AWOL, somebody has to do it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:48 pm

I don't blame you. It looked to me like the Stillers went into that game expecting to lose. Belincheat and Brady must intimidate the Stillers. Who ever thinks we can go to the super bowl this year is on drugs. No defense.
9-7 at best. another disappointing season.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:03 pm

I stopped watching for a while in the 1980s as the league changed the rules for pass coverage which has led to today's totally fucked up way pass inter fence is called. One play is pass interference. The next exact same contact is not. Plus I don't want to watch a Flag football league. That is where this game is headed the National Flag League. You can watch touchdown passes after touchdown passes. And that is because they want to take hitting out of it because that might cause the league to lose lawsuits. Not quite done myself, but I am not far from it.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:28 am

Welcome to the post apocalyptic world of the Danny Boy Obama ass smooching Pussyburgh Steelers. Now that Troy is gone there is nothing worth cheering about. Pittsburgh has always been about that certain brand of football chutzpah that verges on mean and nasty but ends with a little boy getting a jersey thrown to him. It even survived a chin that played turtle ball because we had a bus.

Now we have that cringing castle dweller sitting in a booth presiding over a hot steaming pile of dung.

Ok - that was harsh - I did like some of the things Shazier did. And we have Leveon coming back at the quarter mark. But honestly - where is the discussion about how putrid Ben is playing?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:42 am

I dunno, PGH. I don't see him as being the weak link. A bad trick play call, and then bad execution of it, stalled out the first drive, and then the kicker missed. A receiver catches a perfect TD pass with his foot out of bounds. Our D leaves the best TE in the game completely uncovered. We can't manage the clock at the end of the halves to save our ass. Ben is no Brady, but then again, the whole team is just not as prepped as well as Brady's team is, as evidenced by getting fooled on the 1-inch line by a defensive line shift. You know it's coming, but you fall for it anyway. No wonder Belichick is so f'n smug, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Putrid , I don't think so. Don't know what game you watched but Ben didn't play that bad. Sure threw couple high balls but had balls thrown right on the mark, deep balls. Didn't he have better numbers then Brady. You guys kill me on this site.
And SoCal , I gaurantee you will be watching this weeks home opener, I would bet a million dollars on it.

- Go Steelers

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 am

It is not that Ben played that bad exactly. But that offense as directed by Haley will have to carry the team this year especially because the schedule is not littered with shitty teams like Tampa Bay as it was for the first half of last year. There can be no stupid ass mistakes... not knowing where you are on the field, reacting to a shift, calling some stupid ass gadget play. AND NO Settling for field goals. That is what you do when you have good defense. Sure they had a lot of yards, but they score 14 points, discounting the last TD after the game had been settled. You can tear the field all you want between the 20s.. but the fucking ball has to go into the end zone and this offense is shaky when in the red zone.

If that defense is as bad as it looked against Brady, it is going to be a long season.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:10 am

Have to agree with Pommah. And still laughing at the one-eyed king quote! Also agree with Len, but will add that not beating the shitty teams was a hallmark of last year and that is definitely preparation as Pommah said.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:13 am

"And SoCal , I gaurantee you will be watching this weeks home opener, I would bet a million dollars on it."

I hope you are a billionaire then, because the only way I watch it if it happens to be on TV where I'm at on Sunday. Also, I will probably make a visit to my Steeler bar sometime this season to visit with the people I've come to know who are transplants like I am. I sure as hell was not going to spend my money on Sunday Ticket for this garbage. I was 5 years old when the Steelers won their first Superbowl and I have been watching ever since (except when I was deployed). Again, this is a culmination of the pussification of the league, the pieces of shit playing the game, and my lack of trust of those who run it. I'm working 55 - 60 hours a week so I would rather fill my time off with something more fulfilling than a league full of cheaters and assholes. I'm sure I may watch a few games as long as it doesn't cost me a dime.

:turnback:

By the way, I do enjoy chatting with the folks on this site.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Good, SoCal. Even if you're not gonna watch the games, you can get the gist for what happened from a couple PG rants and Mill's breakdown. Then you're well equipped to piss and moan with the rest of us...

Return to Stillers Talk