Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The Beating Tom Brady Should Have Taken, But Escaped

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

The Beating Tom Brady Should Have Taken, But Escaped

Postby PalmerSucks » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 pm

The Beating Tom Brady Should Have Taken, But Escaped has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Beating Tom Brady Should Have Taken, But Escaped

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:03 pm

I have a feeling Heyward, Shazier, and Timmons are going to wreak havoc. I just don't know if our safeties and corners are up to the task. Either way, I hope the Steelers are relishing the huge underdog role as much as I am.

Chuck the Featriots! :sufu:

Practice Squad

Postby palbubba » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:34 pm

I believe the two beatings the Pats took at the hands of the Steelers were led by LeBeau. Then you write about his softy defense, do you realize how dumb that all sounds. Did LeBeau not attend your sons birthday party? It had to be something for all the hate spewed at him on this web site by obvious small minded individuals. "I personally witnessed the Stillers “own” Brady at Heinz Field in 2011, by taking away his interior-pocket comfort zone. The 25-17 score wasn’t as close as it looked, as only Stillers red-zone goofs kept New England in a game where they were dominated two-to-one in both total yards and possession. Brady was credited with 2 TDs, but one of them came off an eight-yard “drive” set up by a pick return." Was that pick by a LeBeau defense? Was it a product of ab Arians offense? I am not sure what you have seen that gives you any hope that this defense can pressure anyone. I hope I'm wrong. I'm not sure why I read this sight, but I have been a fan for over 60 years and I can't help myself. I even read the bad stuff.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:56 pm

It was pretty damn obvious over the years that LeBeau's schemes were a bad matchup for the Patriots. They didn't care about running the ball. They move the ball with little dink passes that gain 5 yards, thrown to quick little receivers that don't have long ball ability but are complete shit to cover in the first ten yards. It was infuriating to see ten yard cushions at the LOS because that is exactly what the Patriots wanted. Brady doesn't get hit because he throws from three step drops to the little curls, outs and slants. You have to take that away from him and make him stand in the pocket longer.

As to this year, well that defense isn't ready for this game judging from the preseason. And one last thing-- why not cut Pee Wee Archer? You leave this guy as your back up this year and last? infuckingcredible. He goes down the first time somebody farts at him.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Have to give it to Butler...he tried a million combos resulting in D looking very bad. He nor T cared. Now they need to. Have never quite seen so much roster jostling. Do expect the D needs to gel. Os get better as season progresses, Ds fatigue. Is it lucky then that Steelers play Pats early?
Think Ben has to control clock, this is another way to keep Braidy out of sync. An early bomb would really help.
Dline will be the key. They must control LoS. McKullers crushing the center would spell trouble for the Pats as you well pointed out. In disagreement with the above 60 yr fan, I am so glad Mr. LeBeau's tricks up your sleeve D has gone to the Titans, but, this D will need time together on the field if they are going to sew the second steel curtain.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Lebeau's system was very effective for years. The problem was that he didn't make the necessary adjustments after everyone knew how to beat the zone blitz and as the league went to the short passing game. Also, the drop-off in talent in recent years contributed to it's ineffectiveness.

"I'm not sure why I read this sight, but I have been a fan for over 60 years and I can't help myself"
Let me help you out here. You read and signed up for this forum because it's the truth regardless of how painful it might be.
:subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:49 am

SoCal Stiller wrote:Lebeau's system was very effective for years. The problem was that he didn't make the necessary adjustments after everyone knew how to beat the zone blitz and as the league went to the short passing game. Also, the drop-off in talent in recent years contributed to it's ineffectiveness.

Couldn't agree more, SoCal. When you can't get pressure from the edges with your lb's the zone blitz doesn't work. Period. Every time the Stillers played nationally televised games you would hear somebody in the booth at least once tell us that the genius Dick LeBeau invented the zone blitz. Yup. In 1990. Now everyone has seen it and everyone uses it in some form or another. They key is personnel, and we don't have it.

The most prescient point in Palmer's article, in my opinion, is the need to press the WR's. YOU HAVE TO STOP THE DINK AND DUNK. As questionable as our secondary has looked in PS, I don't fear Brady airing it out. I fear 6 minute drives with fourteen 6 yard plays resulting in redzone TD's. Press the WR's HARD. Mess up the timing. Eliminate the WR crossing picks the Patsies love so much and give Tom Brady happy feet in the pocket. If he's allowed to take three step drops and release all night, the game is over already. No matter how good the scheme may be, nobody is gonna pressure the QB in three and a half seconds.

Also, I very much like the "read this sight" comment. That's like smelling colors and hearing flavors. Awesome.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Has anyone heard who the starting CB's are for tomorrow's game? I keep hearing conflicting reports.

:?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:17 pm

At the Carolina game they said the starters would be Gay and Cortez Allen. I also heard yesterday that Will Allen got the nod over Shamarko at safety.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Thanks. I heard about Will Allen, but I'm hearing that Boykin is getting the nod over Cortez. I guess we shall just have to wait and see.

Return to Stillers Talk