Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Bryant

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Bryant

Postby Pommah » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Well, now we know why there were rumors that Wheaton was going to start over Bryant.

Because he will be.

A 4-game suspension is going to cost Bryant about $150K and his starting role if Wheaton performs well. One would think that would be sufficient incentive not to toke up. Doesn't show much smarts on Bryant's part.

I'll bet this is why he wasn't on the team for the first several games last year, he couldn't pass his drug test. Anyone know, if you're not on the roster, do you not have to pee in the jar? And here we were thinking the coaches couldn't evaluate talent.

Hall of Famer

Re: Bryant

Postby isfry » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Bell, Pouncey, Tuitt, now Bryant. What's next? I guess we're just starting the second string against New England, huh? Maybe we felt bad about Texting Tommy's suspension and wanted to level the playing field...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:27 pm

PED in pro sports are the norm. Then you can choose several routes.

Cycling decided to go public. The result is nobody follows the sport.
Baseball players have been caught. The result is that is no longer america s game. Football is.
Track&Field, Tennis, football have decided * in different ways, to hide it. As long as we don t know what is in the recipe we are all eating it...

Lets be real. Bryant gained a lot of muscle in the offseason... Then, when he is caught for the second time, they say is weed... Let s be smart, please...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:25 pm

You have to be so stupid to get caught for weed. Every player knows they will get tested at the start of training camp. Once the test is clean, they can toke up the rest of the year. But if a player fails they can be subject to random tests throughout the year. Bryant failed multiple tests which resulted in this suspension. What an idiot. Hopefully he can get his shit straight and we don't end up with another Josh Gordon.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm very intrigued to watch Sammy Coates get more playing time. Bryant could very well lose his spot to this guy by week 4. If he does, trade his ass for some D.

:sushootem:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Wow. Quick trigger, SoCal. Coates hasn't shown me shit so far and Bryant had a standout year last season. I'm gonna give the kid a shot to get his act together.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Bobby brister

IS NOT WEED

THEY SAY IS WEED BUT IT IS PED.

HOW DO YOU THINK BRYANT GAINED 20 POUNDS OF MUSCLES IN 5 MONTHS ... SMOKING WEED... AHAHAHAH

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Ohio, it could be BS but multiple reports say he tested positive for weed. That he could've been in the NFL substance abuse program due to violations in college and therefore subject to multiple tests.

I believe a player of Bryant's build, 6'4" 205 lbs last year, could have added 20 lbs of muscle in the off-season without PEDs. I would hope it's a sign of the commitment he has to be a better all around receiver and you can't say he didn't look awesome today. That said, what ever got him suspended needs to stop immediately.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:13 am

bubbybrister wrote:Ohio, it could be BS but multiple reports say he tested positive for weed. That he could've been in the NFL substance abuse program due to violations in college and therefore subject to multiple tests.

I believe a player of Bryant's build, 6'4" 205 lbs last year, could have added 20 lbs of muscle in the off-season without PEDs. I would hope it's a sign of the commitment he has to be a better all around receiver and you can't say he didn't look awesome today. That said, what ever got him suspended needs to stop immediately.

Bubby the reports are coming from the NFL. Honestly we believe what the NFL says there are more players that smoke weed that players that use PED. I don-t believe in that. No Way. This guys are paid millions. I think it is more realistic that you risk this millions to gain more, using PEDs and having better performance, that just trying to chill, affecting also your training/performance.

I loved Bryant yesterday. But I think it is at least suspect that after having gained all this muscle out of nowhere he is suspended... To me it seems that he most have found some uncommon help. It is not like those guys have never trained before...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:25 am

bubbybrister wrote:That said, what ever got him suspended needs to stop immediately.

On the contrary, whatever got him suspended needs to be done more, just more secretly. This is 2015. If you're not cheatin' you're not competin'.

If you cant beat 'em, text someone else to do it for ya, right Tommy?

;)
Last edited by isfry on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:30 am

Ohio wrote:I think it is more realistic that you risk this millions to gain more, using PEDs and having better performance, that just trying to chill, affecting also your training/performance.

I would agree, Ohio, except 20 somethings love their weed. If the NFL wanted to shield us from the real info, why tell us anything? Heck, why enforce any rules at all? They could just say they have tough standards and not test anyone. Guys like Rickie Williams, Bam Morris, LeGarrette "Blunt", Bell, Bryant, etc. are always gonna smoke some reefer and hope Tommy Chong's super tea (named "Urine Luck", incidentally) washes it out before their next piss test. I don't find it hard to believe that a guy a year out of college did something stupid, regardless of how much money he made last year. I know I did a couple things when I was 22 that I might take back if given the chance...

Return to Stillers Talk