Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Anyone else excited about Keith Butler?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Anyone else excited about Keith Butler?

Postby DirtDawson » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 am

I am, for sure.

He's been a bit overdue to get his chance at running the offense. We all know that he's a very big reason the defense was great for so long, because the heart and soul of it has been in the linebackers, which he coached for so long.

I feel like even though he's been an understudy to Lebeau, he's probably picked up things about the defensive system that he's been keeping to himself, in terms of certain tweaks.

It just sounds like based on some of the articles I'm reading, he has such a deep understanding of the system and has thought out his own adjustments for a very long time.

I really do think this defense will rise to prominence next year. Maybe not as great as it was in say, 2008, but still much better than last year.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Anyone else excited about Keith Butler?

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm

This defense just needs to be average this season for the Stillers to make the playoffs. I'm intrigued to see what our young LB's bring to the table now that they're healthy again and a little more experienced. Mitchell must have a much better season since the long ball absolutely killed us last season!

Let's get this shit started already!!!

:sufootballhelmet:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:43 am

Yes. I think the worst part of LeBeau's schemes were the soft zones. Teams like New England don't bother to run anymore so they will take the four-6 yards you give them on those constant dink throws and a soft zone just let them do that. Look at the game films of New England over the years..Brady would throw to yet another smurf receiver and march down the field four yards at at time, taking what the zones gave him. You can't get pressure on him because the ball is gone in less than 3 seconds. So let's hope Butler uses press coverage schemes and the younger defense is composed of studs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 am

I hope like hell McCullers comes into camp like a beast and wins that spot in the middle. I think he has the potential to be something special and a fixture at the nose. If that happens, watch out NFL!

:supimpin:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby DirtDawson » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:45 pm

I like where the d line is going. McClendon gets the job done and cam has turned into a beast. I'm more curious about shazier. And secretly hoping Harrison produces more like we know he can

Return to Stillers Talk